2023 S.A. Zhuk Memorial - Russian Nationals among Boys and Girls (Younger Age) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 S.A. Zhuk Memorial - Russian Nationals among Boys and Girls (Younger Age)

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Margos 4T falls are giving Valeria and Lena a chance to beat her tho, if they go fully clean in both Sp and Fs Margo might struggle to beat them unless she goes squeaky clean herself. We don't know how she will recover from the disappointment of today either.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Alena landed a 4lz-3T :cheer2:
She will be the girl to beat in the short and the free!
Margo might struggle a little bit here.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
By the way, the scores for the elements portion of the older girls are up now - And Alena is only ahead of Margarita by like 4 or so points.

Elena Kostyleva is actually in the lead with a score above 70, 10 points ahead of Margarita.

brakes

On the Ice
I could be wrong but its always been elements 1st, I think it was moscow fed that changed it around actually.
You're right, Moscow Younger age starts with SP to leave only 24 skaters for Elements and LP.
It's probably for saving time (SP is much shorter than Elements).

Russia Younder Age starts with Elements>SP>LP as there is no elimination, so time is no matter there.

brakes

On the Ice
By the way, the scores for the elements portion of the older girls are up now - And Alena is only ahead of Margarita by like 4 or so points.

Elena Kostyleva is actually in the lead with a score above 70, 10 points ahead of Margarita.
Unlike in Moscow where only 24 qualified, here it doesn't matter much, as Margo is going to devour everybody in the free anyway. 😅

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker

I think the free will be the only decider here, unless sp goes horribly wrong for some of them. Sp wise Lena is always scored far higher if clean so she likely will increase her lead by another 4-5 points. 13-15 point lead is not impossible for Margo but we have to see how she recovers from the 4T falls today. She landed all of them in combo during the warm up so its likely a nerve issue which could become an issue later on. If Lena goes clean I dont think there is catching her especially if she lands 2 4Ss but she has struggled to go clean in the fs. Lena has also acquired a 4T so she isnt planning on letting of that win anytime soon.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Why Didn't Margo jump 3Lz as her first solo jump anyway? Basic tactics.
she has landed every 4T since Volkov memorial and was landing them no problem during the warm up. it makes sense she didn't do a 3lz. What she should have done is after the 4T fall go for a 4S.