2023 Trophée Metropole Nice Côte d'Azur | Oct 18-22 | Golden Skate

2023 Trophée Metropole Nice Côte d'Azur | Oct 18-22

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2023 Trophée Metropole Nice Côte d'Azur is scheduled to take place Oct 18-22, 2023, in Nice, France. The event will feature all four disciplines Singles (Women and Men), Pairs, and Ice dance in both the Junior and Senior categories.

The event will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023/24 (ISU Communication 2560), and relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Result page with entries is now online:

So strange seeing the entries listed alphabetically by surname, rather than alphabetically by country and then by surname...

I didn't notice if anybody else is, but I see a number of skaters doing back-to-back events.

Hiu Yau CHOW (HKG), Kwun Hung LEUNG (HKG), and Sofía VAL / Asaf KAZIMOV (ESP) are doing Budapest this week, and Nice next week.

Amanda HSU (TPE), Chiu Hei CHEUNG (HKG), and Linda de NARDIN / Patrizio Romano ROSSI LOPEZ (ESP) are doing Dundee this week, and Nice next week.

Fair play to them!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Result page with entries is now online:
Nicely sized starter fields, particularly happy about the 8 Jr pairs teams - International debuts for Behnke/Sauve and Callahan/Roch (CAN), plus Pazienza/Knorr (SUI).

Baby Brits and baby French in Jr Ice Dance, and the baby Aussies (who are currently listed in the wrong category).

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Chance of a livestream? I would be very happy to be able to watch junior pairs and junior ice dance. (First Thursday in seven weeks without juniors on YouTube has hit hard here.)

viennaskater

Medalist
Cool! :) Yet ANOTHER competition - difficult to keep up, especially when you have plans at the weekend and have to watch a lot of recorded stuff.

But I love it! 🥰

Andrea82

Medalist
Officials for Junior events starting today

Women

Technical panel: Richard Grainger (Great Britain), Vera Vandecaveye (Belgium) and Frederic Harpages (France)

Judge 1: Karol Pescosta (Italy)
Judge 2: Melanie Prague (France)
Judge 3: Ulrich Schmieder (Germany)
Judge 4: Andrew Bosco (Canada)
Judge 5: Albert Saadi (Monaco)
Judge 6: Adrienn Schadenbauer (Austria)

Men

Technical panel: Daniel Delta (Spain), Julia Sheiko (Israel) and Jyrina Lorenz (Italy)

Judge 1: Susanne Sjoquist (Sweden)
Judge 2: Natalia Kruglova (Ukraine)
Judge 3: Jesper Holkjaer Gormsen (Denmark)
Judge 4: Vladimir Cuchran (Slovakia)
Judge 5: Isabelle Bernard Bruls (France)

Pairs

Technical panel: Daniel Delta (Spain), Julia Sheiko (Israel) and Jyrina Lorenz (Italy)

Judge 1: Isabelle Bernard Burls (France)
Judge 2: Susanne Sjoquist (Sweden)
Judge 3: Andrew Bosco (Canada)
Judge 4: Natalia Kruglova (Ukraine)
Judge 5: Karol Pescosta (Italy)
Judge 6: Jesper Holkjaer Gormsen (Denmark)

Dance

Technical panel: Janet Coton (Great Britain), Alper Ucar (Turkey), Amaury Druesne (France)

Judge 1: Albert Saadi (Monaco)
Judge 2: Stefan Granpelhuber (Austria)
Judge 3: Vladimir Cuchran (Slovakia)
Judge 4: Amelie Zanzola (France)
Judge 5: Valerie Grelet-Lambert (Cyprus)
Judge 6: Natalie Taylor (Australia)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Our trip to Nice is nicely organised into theme days. Junior Short Programme Wednesday starts now with 23 girls.

Livestream for the Junior Ladies SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 8m 27s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW1ZZ_Deo90&t=507

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.ffsg.org/resultats/2023...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.ffsg.org/resultats/2023-2024/TMNCA2023/SEG011.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Popping in for my kid, who I hadn't noticed was here because I had accidentally opened the Time Schedule for the Seniors! :drama:

:cheer: ALL THE BEST CHIARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Forgot she had gone blonde! :slink:

First jump was beautiful.

Not sure how the combination that she did next went because she was in the fog.

The combination spins looked beautiful.

She nearly went round too many times on the third jump.

What I could see after that looked good.

Stream started buffering 2m 24s into the programme, and came back just as the music finished at 2m 51s. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ah, I forgot the FFSG events had these detailed graphics that tell you how each element went. And she got a 1 point deduction for a time violation.

She goes into 5th with a score of 49.03. New ISU Season's Best score for the SP.

:cheer: WELL DONE CHIARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Junior Short Programme Wednesday continues now with the chaos category! :devil: 9 boys, arranged into a group of 4; followed by a group of 5.

Make that a group of 3; followed by a group of 5. Skater #2 has withdrawn.

Livestream for the Junior Men's SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 30s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA7RiPPadU8&t=30

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.ffsg.org/resultats/2023...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.ffsg.org/resultats/2023-2024/TMNCA2023/SEG009.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Messy skate for Ehrhard/Pellegris, with two falls (on the 2A for him and on the 3LoTh for her), but a decent score. Hopefully, this scoring remains as consistently generous, because all except for the French teams don't have SP minimums.

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
First time seeing a full program by Pazienza/Knorr (I've seen some elements in isolation on their IG accounts) and while they definitely still look quite raw and not hugely used to pairs elements, I'm seeing a lot of promise.

Pretty good synchronicity for a new team, amazing sbs 2A, and an easy double throw. Invalid death spiral though, I think they didn't quite get in two revolutions, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Unfortunate fall on the 2A for Christophe, but otherwise solid international debut for Callahan/Roch :clap:

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
At 14 and 16, Behnke/Sauve aren't just the youngest team here, but in general one of the youngest pairs teams competing internationally. Pretty solid outing for them, the lift looked a lot better than at Next Gen camp. ☺️

Last edited: