2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Women's Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Jr. Women's Free Skate

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Argh am losing my feed again - sorry pbp will be delayed unless someone else takes over.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful spin from Soho but she threw her hairpiece on the ice?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Soho's ribbon coming down and she casually tosses her ribbon off! And then just reels off the rest of her jumps. Love her! :love: Shades of Kristi Yamaguchi's ribbon coming off at the 1992 Nationals (she casually skated around it and had her best performance)!

Edited to add: looks like Soho got a 1 pt deduction... probably for the ribbon

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
It looked like Lee took off her hair band and flung it on the ice in the middle of the program.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
It looked like Lee took off her hair band and flung it on the ice in the middle of the program.
I think it might have been coming loose anyway, so she just rid herself of the distraction before the inevitable.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sherry, my fave…. I don’t think she will podium after that free skate 😭
Soho. I think only ELG can top that. Should be an interesting competition between these two. I have a feeling only the winner will go to Junior Worlds. So, it will be interesting to see who wins between these two.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice costume with the long gloves. I love those…so elegant!

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
15 Soho Lee shows off great knee bend to save opening jump. Purple Silver dress to Nutcracker music. Unfazed by hair tie mishap. Nice program of lovely jumps, spins and musical expression. Definite first.

told you I was going to be behind

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Wow! :hap10: Keira was really impressive and she has a lovely warm presence. Sean Rabbit going crazy for her! I think there are at least three Hilbelink sisters skating at various levels too. Into second place!!!

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
16 Katie Krafchik in teal dress with ombré blue skirt Skating to Young & Beautiful. Very steady jumps and spins. This gal is on a mission with her jumps. She skates big. Now that content is in the books, her expression comes out. Happy girl.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
17 Sonia Baram our pair skater In a lovely mauve dress. She seems so tall here and so much smaller in pairs. She gets the opening 3Lz. Unusual version of Sheherezade. I’d like to see more expression from her.

in fact all the pairs/ singles girls need more expression. They could use it to sell their pair teams as well.