2024 U.S. Nationals Junior Pairs Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Junior Pairs Short Program

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Do you use a VPN?
I don't think so? I'm a technological dinosaur and really don't know what a VPN is. I just Google what I want to take a look at and if the competition appears in a list of choices, I click on that. The US pairs did. (I don't own a TV set, I watch everything on a laptop.)

oldfun

Spectator
Adele and Andy - nice alliterative names. Sassy start with nice edges And good twist. She misses her jumps. Clean tidy
ift that covers the ice well to Too Darn Hot. Tentative death spiral and spins out of sync. Well matched team and enjoyable style.
I heard Andy has a knee injury and medicine doesn’t work. They struggled to withdraw, but changed death spiral and spin to avoid his sharp pain this morning to keep competing. I saw he knee on ice and could not stand up at the ending position and it is so sweet Adele go to pull him up. I was hoping tomorrow he could at least finish the program.

midori green

On the Ice
I heard Andy has a knee injury and medicine doesn’t work. They struggled to withdraw, but changed death spiral and spin to avoid his sharp pain this morning to keep competing. I saw he knee on ice and could not stand up at the ending position and it is so sweet Adele go to pull him up. I was hoping tomorrow he could at least finish the program.
That's no good. I was wondering about him being slow to stand after the program. I hope they skate safely tomorrow and he can get his knee healed soon!

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think so? I'm a technological dinosaur and really don't know what a VPN is. I just Google what I want to take a look at and if the competition appears in a list of choices, I click on that. The US pairs did. (I don't own a TV set, I watch everything on a laptop.)
Diana - Think of a vpn as a piece of software that acts as a passport. It opens a channel in another country allowing you access to their programming. It also contains an extra layer of security when opening that channel. Think of it as a remote that expands your access. A while back @Minz wrote up an excellent piece on free vs paid vpns. Because I work in the medical field I am always very security oriented and am thrilled with my vpn. Best decision I made. At first I was skittish about learning a new piece of tech, but realized it isn't difficult at all. It opens up a whole new world of choices and relieves a lot of stress over how to access different streams and such.

I also watch everything on the computer

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Diana - Think of a vpn as a piece of software that acts as a passport. It opens a channel in another country allowing you access to their programming. It also contains an extra layer of security when opening that channel. Think of it as a remote that expands your access. A while back @Minz wrote up an excellent piece on free vs paid vpns. Because I work in the medical field I am always very security oriented and am thrilled with my vpn. Best decision I made. At first I was skittish about learning a new piece of tech, but realized it isn't difficult at all. It opens up a whole new world of choices and relieves a lot of stress over how to access different streams and such.

I also watch everything on the computer
OK, I'll investigate. As a former librarian, I'm always happy with something new to research! (Normally when it's a computer topic I'd just appeal to a grandkid, but they live in rural Scotland and communication has been sporadic for many days with their horrible storms.) :thank: