KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Who are the commentators for the NBCSN video? They sound familiar but I can't place them.

The woman is Tracy Wilson, but I'm not sure who the man is, though.

I am SO PROUD and ECSTATIC that Adam earned a Personal Best for both his LP score and his total score during this segment (there's the PB for the SP as well!), plus he didn't fall on his quad lutz attempt!!! I was astonished (in a good way) when I saw that he was awarded a whopping 93.08 for TES without a fully-rotated quad and that he was 4th (!!!) in the free skate! :points: His 6th place finish matches his best showing at Worlds in 2010, so we've just witnessed a stellar highlight of his career!

There aren't enough emoticons to fully express the intensity of my emotions at this moment! :love: :hap85: :gclap: :hap57: :dance2: :party2: :cheer2: :bow: :rock:

Last edited:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
The woman is Tracy Wilson, but I'm not sure who the man is, though.

I am SO PROUD and ECSTATIC that Adam earned a Personal Best for both his LP score and his total score during this segment (there's the PB for the SP as well!), plus he didn't fall on his quad lutz attempt!!! I was astonished (in a good way) when I saw that he was awarded a whopping 93.08 for TES without a fully-rotated quad and that he was 4th (!!!) in the free skate! :points: His 6th place finish matches his best showing at Worlds in 2010, so we've just witnessed a stellar highlight of his career!

There aren't enough emoticons to fully express the intensity of my emotions at this moment! :love: :hap85: :gclap: :hap57: :dance2: :party2: :cheer2: :bow: :rock:

Oh I know, I am so happy, this is what I wanted, for him to skate two solid clean programs and he did just that. This is huge for him, he has overcome his demons. He is such wonderful skater and it is sooooooo nice to see him getting that acknowledgement of his talents. I love his skating, he is just brilliant!! :

berry8

Final Flight
Well, at the beginning of the season I was a sort of Adam's hater: I considered his hair weird, his costumes excessive, his programs boring and his 4Lz attempts ridicolous...
With the season going he has grown on me : his LayBackSpin is terrific and his programs are real masterpieces...
His hair is still a bit to weird though :D :D

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so happy for Adam! I needed some time to warm up to him (and I will never like Queen or Freddie Mercury in skating, never, never, never) but his presence, when he is "on", is dazzling.

And I love his attempts to play with the crowd (like the "I can't hear you" gesture during the ovation).

:cheer:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
So be honest, how many times have you watched Adam's LP from Worlds??

For me I'd say at least 75 times so far, he is so solid. Yup, I'm still excited that he did so well. :)

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
I thought I was going to have a stroke when Adam hit the 4Lutz. The electricity in the arena was palpable. Once he landed that jump you could just see the determination on his face and he went out and SOLD that program. I screamed so much I was hoarse. So happy for him. One funny thing - watching Raf at the boards. Never seen the guy so animated.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I was curious about what Tatiana Tarosova thought of Adams free skate and found this on Twitter. adamrippon.ru translated what Tat was saying, she thought he would medal! Here it is if anyone is interested .

"He has delicate facial features. He has a very good program. 4L is underrotated, but he landed it and did not fall. After the 3A and the 3lo2toe2lo "great!" He will medal. And everything is executed well.
He has legs like a dancer, points toes. It was a long way for Adam. I remember him at JWC. He's had ups and downs in his career. After he started working with Raphael, he became a different skater."

I'd say that is pretty positive!! :biggrin:

Last edited:

tinlizzie

Final Flight
At the standing pose before Adam began his program, he looked like a beautiful Greek God.