Adelina Sotnikova | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

starlight97

Final Flight
You worry about the skirt portion when everyone can see her butt and all, good lord.:disapp:
Sometimes i wonder when some people will ever learn you can actually cover your bottoms by something called "tights" regardless of skirt type.

:thumbsup:
You can see every skater's "butt" ( covered up by the bottom part of the costume, no matter what colore it is, and the tights) when they spin/ do steps/ do spirals/ land jumps.
---------------

I think the costume is ok. I like how the black and white transfer into each other but I think the front part of the dress could be a bit more open (not saying cut out to the navel though) because white makes everything wider and I think it gives her rather broad shoulders. But apart from that I like it.

Is it a given that no video will emerge?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
You worry about the skirt portion when everyone can see her butt and all, good lord.:disapp:
Sometimes i wonder when some people will ever learn you can actually cover your bottoms by something called "tights" regardless of skirt type.
...I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Firstly, on the pics I saw at the time of my post, I could barely see half her torso. So yes, I would have no idea what the skirt looks like.

Secondly, I did not intend my post to mean, "OMG, is the skirt going to show too much of her butt?!" To be honest, I'm not particularly bothered by by this; even Peng/Zhang's "problem" at Skate America barely drew my attention, until other posters pointed it out. I mean, don't skaters wear flesh-coloured tights? There's nothing to see. I made that post more in the sense of, "Hopefully there's not a giant black spider on the skirt, or some wannabe 'artful rips' that look like shredded flesh."

Thankfully, with the addition of full-body pictures, my concern about spiders (have enough of those in my room, thank you!) has been put to rest. I quite like the dress--all of it.

ordinary person

On the Ice
:thumbsup:
You can see every skater's "butt" ( covered up by the bottom part of the costume, no matter what colore it is, and the tights) when they spin/ do steps/ do spirals/ land jumps.
---------------

I think the costume is ok. I like how the black and white transfer into each other but I think the front part of the dress could be a bit more open (not saying cut out to the navel though) because white makes everything wider and I think it gives her rather broad shoulders. But apart from that I like it.

Is it a given that no video will emerge?

Nu uh it does matter what color it is, mainly because i've already proved this several times.Aaaanyways, i just don't like the complaining about useless things like skirt portion.

ordinary person

On the Ice
...I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Firstly, on the pics I saw at the time of my post, I could barely see half her torso. So yes, I would have no idea what the skirt looks like.

Secondly, I did not intend my post to mean, "OMG, is the skirt going to show too much of her butt?!" To be honest, I'm not particularly bothered by by this; even Peng/Zhang's "problem" at Skate America barely drew my attention, until other posters pointed it out. I mean, don't skaters wear flesh-coloured tights? There's nothing to see. I made that post more in the sense of, "Hopefully there's not a giant black spider on the skirt, or some wannabe 'artful rips' that look like shredded flesh."

Thankfully, with the addition of full-body pictures, my concern about spiders (have enough of those in my room, thank you!) has been put to rest. I quite like the dress--all of it.

If you don't care about the whole world looking at skaters prancing on the ice showing their tushy then why in god's name do you care about somthing like spiders on a skirt:laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's called personal preference; likes and dislikes.
--Like your preference for black tights. ;)

But back on topic, I'm eagerly waiting for Adelina's full programs at NHK and I hope she proves her nay-sayers wrong with a strong performance.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If you don't care about the whole world looking at skaters prancing on the ice showing their tushy then why in god's name do you care about somthing like spiders on a skirt:laugh:
They are wearing tights. There's nothing to see.

Why do people care about what the dress looks like in the first place? Adelina should just show up in her training outfit. Heck, why do people care if they land their 3Lz-3T? I mean, they're running showing their behinds! Whether they land their jumps or not is secondary!!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Adelina kind of seems in a similar place to Gracie. Is it just a natural deflation that accompanies all the years of chasing the Olympic dream and now realizing it has passed and the next one is four years away. It's a nice program and she looks fantastic, I am completely ignoring the tights discussion, but in terms of actual figure skating I must say her music is a bit distracting for me. Some of those vocal notes she hits are very loud. I mostly fear for myself having to hear announcers talk over it, hear the music, and watch the skating potentially all at the same time. Most importantly will it over power her skating considering she doesn't look to be in top form at this point. I do however think that she'll get there and patience is going to be the key for us. Wishing her the best of luck.

PS...please don't quote the fashion police. I have her on ignore and every time you quote her I am forced to read it. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I like this music choice better than Gracie's; it has more grit to it, and Adelina (when she's on) skates bigger than Gracie and is better at portraying pain. She can still do all her triples, so she just needs to get on form for the real competitions. I like the jump placement, especially how she went for a jump near the end of the song, with the crescendo of the music. It doesn't really seem like a program at this point though--just marking down the jumps and spins.

My worry is that, like Denis Ten's SP, this could really work when she hits the jumps and sells them. But it could fall flat when the jumps falter and the music highlights the mistakes.

papa

Match Penalty
Adelina kind of seems in a similar place to Gracie.
:unsure:

In my opinion, if we consider physical shape, jumps and skating fluidity Adelina from this fancam is miles ahead of SA Gracie.
Moreover, it's obvious when you look at her, that she feels and likes her program in contrast to Gracie, who looks like in torture chamber during and after her skates.
I have no idea why Rus Feds hid Sotnikova video - despite some errors, she looked very promissing, fresh and beautiful.

I'm truly impressed and I'm not even her fan. :rolleye:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Hate her long program choice of music, and the dead stare at the beggining is still bad.

The best dress that I have seem her, color looks really pretty. She looks in form, and nice speed.

ordinary person

On the Ice
It's called personal preference; likes and dislikes.
--Like your preference for black tights. ;)

But back on topic, I'm eagerly waiting for Adelina's full programs at NHK and I hope she proves her nay-sayers wrong with a strong performance.

No, it's called desperate for attention, and i don't prefer black tights, i prefer anything BUT skin-color tights.
I have to ask one last question, why wear skin-color tights when it's cold on the ice?
Why do we have to look like we're going bare legged, enlighten me please considering it's a winter sport.