Adelina Sotnikova | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
So is it likely she'll sit out the entire season? Or might she be able to condition herself by Worlds?

chezzu

On the Ice
I'm so sad for her :( I know how much she really wanted to compete this season. Hope she has a speedy recovery and gets back into shape soon! I'd love to see her in some B Competitions, maybe even Euros or Worlds as long as she gets selected for those fairly. I love her LP this year and I reaaallly want to see it in competition!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Adelina is such a beauty! :) And a charmer too. ;) Too bad her season is over after her ankle surgery. I doubt she will ever get back to the form she showed in Sochi which was world class and golden. You can't get told to miss worlds then get injured miss the next season and ever be the same again. But don't worry the Russians will have Ade skating in money making exhibitions while others go to worlds. :rolleye: I am still pissed off they told her to skip worlds because she will likely not be in good enough form or even healthy enough for worlds in 2015. A shame.

starlight97

Final Flight
I am still pissed off they told her to skip worlds because she will likely not be in good enough form or even healthy enough for worlds in 2015. A shame.

Where did you get the info from that she was told to miss worlds 2014? Do you have a link maybe?
Because it was said that she didn't want to go to worlds and enjoyed performing in the various shows :scratch:
I can't see while they would have prevented the Olympic Champion from going to worlds if she had wanted to go..?

adelia

Record Breaker
Adelina is such a beauty! :) And a charmer too. ;) Too bad her season is over after her ankle surgery. I doubt she will ever get back to the form she showed in Sochi which was world class and golden. You can't get told to miss worlds then get injured miss the next season and ever be the same again. But don't worry the Russians will have Ade skating in money making exhibitions while others go to worlds. :rolleye: I am still pissed off they told her to skip worlds because she will likely not be in good enough form or even healthy enough for worlds in 2015. A shame.
Oh wow, for real? But then again, I'm not surprised. Politics is such a huge part of figure skating.

Mony

On the Ice
Where did you get the info from that she was told to miss worlds 2014? Do you have a link maybe?
Because it was said that she didn't want to go to worlds and enjoyed performing in the various shows :scratch:
I can't see while they would have prevented the Olympic Champion from going to worlds if she had wanted to go..?

I heard something like that, they told her that she didn't have to do worlds. She would have gone to worlds and not do those shows. I don't remember the interview or article from where I saw it. I think it was to protect her really.

Adelina watching the Maxim's performance at the Nationals: photo
Also that day: photo

Awesome glad she is there and watching the performances. I think she watched ice-dance as well.

Last edited:

Mony

On the Ice
Given all the EC team selection drama mainly revolves around Adelina and Yulia, I really appreciate Adelina's support for Yulia. :bow:
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1025995475.html.
These teenage girls have acted more maturely than many of the adults. :points:

That is the case a lot of times. People expect them to be fighting and not like one another, but they support one another. The competition makes them better, and they support each other. Some of the adults act like kids.

Here is a video of Adelina from the National Championships in Sochi. No clue what they are talking about. However, she signed a lot of autographs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJm_7WP5iXU

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vaytsekhovskaya's interview with Sotnikova `I don't want to retire like Lipinski' for sport-express.ru translated on FSU by TAHbKA

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...va-i-dont-want-to-retire-like-lipinski.94427/
Her life completely changed after winning the Sochi Olympics. After her triumph we said we'll meet up and talk once the impressions settle in, so we can recall the Olympics.

None of us could imagine Sotnikova would attend the Russian nationals as a viewer and that we'll have to speak in Iceberg while Adelina still has no clue when will her season begin and how will it end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mony

On the Ice
This is such a wonderful, mature, classy interview

I love what she said here
Well, I'm older after all. When Tara won her Olympics she was just 15. Take Julia Lipnitskaya - she is only 16. The second the things went a little bit wrong she was blamed for everything: she is not like she used to be, she is not made of steel. But people are not made of steel. They are just well, people. And they need support.
I understand the fans like their skaters - some adore Julia, some Anna or Elena. But it's not a reason to wish the others ill, right? We all work very hard. We all want to be successful and, I guess, not really deserve all the dirt that is pilled on us.

She is right, you can like others, but no need to throw dirt at those you don't like. Support them all, they all work extremely hard. I also lol at her saying she set the alarm clock and slept through it.

I hope sshe gets her skating to be what she desires in the future.

Lipea

Final Flight
That is the case a lot of times. People expect them to be fighting and not like one another, but they support one another. The competition makes them better, and they support each other. Some of the adults act like kids.

Here is a video of Adelina from the National Championships in Sochi. No clue what they are talking about. However, she signed a lot of autographs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJm_7WP5iXU

So she is for sure not going to make Euros, and probably not Worlds either.

starlight97

Final Flight
So she is for sure not going to make Euros, and probably not Worlds either.

Is that what she said?
Smart interview up there btw, it seems in Russia the young skaters have way more dignity and maturity than the actual officials and coaches :clap: