Adelina Sotnikova | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

Mony

On the Ice
I can see it from the link. The account might have some wierd privacy settings.

Her quote to the vid is... interesting:

"Dedicated to all those who think that I'm slacking off. Apologies, but I've had a bit of this. If you don't know what an athlete does from week to week then I can't help you. It's too bad that fans treat their athletes in such a way. I wish for all of you to not hand out, to not go outside and to sit down and write comments about how no one works. Athletes aren't robots, they are real people who want to stroll around under the city night. I personally see nothing bad in this. Good morning Russia! Happy holidays to everyone! ;)"

Man, I think she has people running her IG who want to create cheap buzz. Cuz this is a thing on sport.sru now. I doubt she wrote this.

Nothing wrong with it. She rarely comments on things, so she probably got fed up with it. People do tend to go at her esp in the comments. She is correct, some people seem to think that athletes are robots and shouldn't have a life outside sport.

creaturelover

On the Ice
I agree it's been tough on her, especially after Olympics. It was nasty. (Like it was her fault). But athlete should learn to collect her sport anger from it and use it in competition. I hope she will learn how to convert her energy and righteous indignation into sport positive aggression. There is no better way to shut up hatters but just to win more competitions. "They can fudge with me, but I'm just getting stronger by that" kind situation. I like when athlete is angry (in a good way).

Olympics were rough - she is such a talent, and I find her skating skills have improved since Sochi. I hope she can do what you have suggested!

adelia

Record Breaker
In hindsight, not surprised. I think we could guess what was up when she scheduled a tour during CoR. Oh well.

LRK

Record Breaker
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews · Jul 1
Plushenko News_Eng Retweeted Evgeni Plushenko
Happy Birthday, Adelinochka, you are a wonderful person and an athlete, be happy, hug!) https://www.instagram.com/p/BHVTZfngApe/

Evgeni Plushenko ‏@EvgeniPlushenko · Jul 1  Сходня, Россия
С днём рождения , Аделиночка, ты -прекрасный человек и спортсмен , будь счастлива , обнял ! ) @… https://www.instagram.com/p/BHVTZfngApe/

(Already posted by plushyfan on the Plush fan thead - I missed this, or I'd posted it here earlier.)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just saw Sot skate in the Chinese show. If I had to guess, Suite Festiva (tango?) will be her new SP. It had the right "structure" to it. Footwork was good, costume better than her past ones although that jacket was a little distracting. Thought she looked like Cohen from afar :laugh:

Last edited:

dna5019

Final Flight
Just saw Sot skate in the Chinese show. If I had to guess, Suite Festiva (tango?) will be her new SP. It had the right "structure" to it. Footwork was good, costume better than her past ones although that jacket was a little distracting. Thought she looked like Cohen from afar :laugh:

Adelina to a tango? :popcorn: Hope we get videos before too long. :biggrin: