Adelina Sotnikova | Page 92 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, she's with Plushy's school now, but was injured last season. She has been doing some shows, for some time without any jumps because of her injury, but she has been getting the jumps back (there are clips upthread). I'm not sure what her plans for the upcoming season are, but she will be starring in Plushy's Swan Lake show in late December-early January as the Black Swan.

Adelina was so healthy berween 12 and 17 then so injury prone between 18 and 21. Its sad. But thats sports and figure skating is a brutal sport. Hope she has a healthy year and finds her form.

MedoLove

On the Ice
I saw the videos of Adelina in her last shows, and that improvisation in her IG. Her sliding is so beautiful and effortless, she still has incredible SS, flexibility, musicality. Her 2 A is huge, and her 3S is very beautiful too.
She is now more mature mentally, I hope she returns even for a season, try the GP. It really is a pity that someone as talented as Adelina disappears .

Ninel0226

Rinkside
I saw the videos of Adelina in her last shows, and that improvisation in her IG. Her sliding is so beautiful and effortless, she still has incredible SS, flexibility, musicality. Her 2 A is huge, and her 3S is very beautiful too.
She is now more mature mentally, I hope she returns even for a season, try the GP. It really is a pity that someone as talented as Adelina disappears .
This one:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiPhh0eFavf … otnikova14

Lana05

Final Flight
https://vk.com/feed?w=wall-110785604_13353
Google translate:
Adeline Sotnikova was injured at the rehearsal of the show "Snow White on Ice"

Adeline Sotnikova, who plays the main role in the play "Snow White on Ice," was injured during the show rehearsal.

As reported by prosports.kz, Adeline during the general run collided on the ice with one of her colleagues. The encounter turned out to be painful, and the figure skater could not leave the ice on her own.

However, at a press conference on the tour of "Snow White", the director of the play Peter Chernyshov assured that Adelina feels well and her health is not in danger.

The show, as planned, will be held tomorrow in Almaty and will be shown three times in a row.

volk

Final Flight
https://vk.com/feed?w=wall-110785604_13353
Google translate:
Adeline Sotnikova was injured at the rehearsal of the show "Snow White on Ice"

Adeline Sotnikova, who plays the main role in the play "Snow White on Ice," was injured during the show rehearsal.

As reported by prosports.kz, Adeline during the general run collided on the ice with one of her colleagues. The encounter turned out to be painful, and the figure skater could not leave the ice on her own.

However, at a press conference on the tour of "Snow White", the director of the play Peter Chernyshov assured that Adelina feels well and her health is not in danger.

The show, as planned, will be held tomorrow in Almaty and will be shown three times in a row.

What a shame. The girl can't catch a break.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adelina Sotnikova, Sochi Olympic figure skating champ, to miss season

By Nick Zaccardi

Sochi figure skating gold medalist Adelina Sotnikova‘s competitive break will extend at least another year.

The 22-year-old Russian said she will not compete at all this season but hopes to come back next year, according to TASS.

Sotnikova said she does not want to compete until she is physically and psychologically 100 percent. To return and place sixth at the Russian Championships (as she did at her last event in December 2015) is pointless, she said, according to the report.

Sotnikova has skated just once on the international Grand Prix circuit since taking the 2014 Olympic title over Yuna Kim. Sotnikova has not announced retirement, though, unlike her Sochi teammate and fellow gold medalist Yulia Lipnitskaya.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/08/24/adelina-sotnikova-figure-skating/

Wheelz

On the Ice
I saw this announcemnt on @olympicchannel on instagram. Was she seriously training for a comeback this year? Also, Tatiana Tarasova’s criticism of this announcement was pretty scathing.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw this announcemnt on @olympicchannel on instagram. Was she seriously training for a comeback this year? Also, Tatiana Tarasova’s criticism of this announcement was pretty scathing.

I have no idea. The article says she hasn't announced her retirement, but she hasn't competed since December of 2015, and now she's missing this season. That's a long time to be away from competition.

Amef

Final Flight
I have no idea. The article says she hasn't announced her retirement, but she hasn't competed since December of 2015, and now she's missing this season. That's a long time to be away from competition.
I think she may be hesitating to compete with the new Jr Russian ladies coming up next season. The Eteri army. It will be hard for even Zhenya and Zagi to compete with the current Jr talent in Russia.

Wheelz

On the Ice
I think athletes want to be able to go out on top and by their own choice. Maybe Adelina is having a tough time accepting that December 2015 was her last competition and she didn’t get the ending that she wanted.