Adian Pitkeev | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Adian Pitkeev

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I really wish Adian could come back - we need more Russian men who are a joy to look at on ice (and can jump well enough so you get to see them outside of small local competitions). If he hadn't kept aggravating his back injury but had got timely rest and treatment instead, maybe all of this wouldn't have happened. He obviously didn't get the individual careful approach he needed :(

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I haven't been here for long, so could anyone give me detailed info about Aidan? I know there are not many, but what is his injury?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I haven't been here for long, so could anyone give me detailed info about Aidan? I know there are not many, but what is his injury?
It is a problem with his back, not sure exactly what. Apparently it had been there for a while but they kept ignoring it until it couldn't be ignored any more at the last Russian Nationals, where in spite of being badly in pain after the SP he and/or his coach decided he should skate the FS, which did not go well and that was his last competition. So there is a lot of anger at Eteri for making Adian jump quads which his body obviously couldn't handle at the time and appearing generally unconcerned about his problem right up to and during the Nationals. Now it has turned into a serious chronic condition which is not showing any signs of going away so far in spite of all the treatment Adian has received. He can skate but not jump.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interview with Buyanova (1/23):

I can not help but ask about Adian Pitkeev. What about his health today?

Adian continues his therapy. Of course, he really misses the competitions, he wants to skate very much. But for the moment he has not had a practice on ice and the doctors don't allow him yet. For the time being we only treat him. Last year he was treated in Germany, America, and here, in Russia. We continue the recommended treatment and wait until the pain vanishes. We look forward to his return; he is very interesting, he is able to become a great skater! During the short time that we have worked together, I've had great pleasure, I really like Adian!

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2017buyanova

borzaya

Final Flight
Not sure, of course, how much reliable this information is... but one of the fans who is at the Russian Cup Final now claims to have talked with Samarin (who also trains in Buyanova's group) and says that Samarin has said that Adian begins training a little already, though with not much loads yet.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I haven't heard any news about his skating. He seems to be doing well in his private life, at least. :shrug:

https://www.instagram.com/sanya_and_adian/

I always thought he was extremely shy and private, so this "official shared Instagram" thing seems a bit weird to me (and slightly nausea-inducing ;)), but maybe you have to be a teenager to understand :laugh:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adian mentioned in Eteri's interview (5/5). Snippets included below just in case you don't want to read the entire thing.

Simonenko's interview with Tutberidze `Projecting the upbringing on the sport results discipline'

AS: The material, from which you would create a champion product in the men skating - have it crossed your path yet?
ET: Well, take Adian Pitkeev. A very talented boy. The judges loved him, the audience did. He has some Kalmyk routes. Among the guys from our group he was the closest the the material which could become a product.

AS: Why didn't he?
ET: The puberty came and he started asking too many questions... we had several guys on the same level at the same time but why did the coaches have to prove him he was the most loved all the time. He was literally in tears when he thought he was not wanted. Of course, he was wanted and needed, how would he not? But that's not what he thought and he spent a whole practicing period in that state, which resulted with the way it ended. Sometimes he would stop the practice - run away and throw his skaters into the rubbish bin... Of course he didn't want to retire. He wanted someone to pick those skates from the rubbish bin, clean them, bring them back to the dressing room, called him and said `Adian, come back!'.
More than that, now it seems the guys from a different generation do the same. They want us to express our love that way. I just don't get it.

AS: That's what you said in the press conf recently - being pitiful is not your thing.
ET: Pity doesn't help while working. Seriously. What will it help? Give a result?

AS: As we speak am thinking of Pitkeev's LP in the Nationals 2016 in Ekaterinburg. A bad fall from the quad, he fails his programme, he is in pain and you meet him near the border with the harsh phrase `you went out there? Take the pain!'
ET: Right. If you went out there - you have to skate.

AS: But perhaps at that time he was looking for different words? Some pity?
ET: He came to the competition in the state which caused that skate. He was kind of provocative during the practicing process. During the whole year before the championship it was hard. About a year before Ekaterinburg Adian had the Europeans which he didn't want to participate. He would shout at the practice `Withdrow me, I don't want to be a tourist there'. What do you mean `withdrow'? Why a `tourist'? Before the Europeans was a great Nationals. Why was he behaving that way? We were trying to talk him through, being kind, talking more and then almost made him go to that competition. But before the competition what went on - it was not a working process, it was a mess. In the end in those Europeans Adian as if showed with the way he looked and skated: you shouldn't have brought me here! I told you I was not ready to compete!
The normal figure skating with Adian began with... the father. For a long time he was skating with a popped jump here or there... He was sloppy, he was not trying, even though his jumps were good. His father who understands nothing in figure skating had enough and he said `if you come home again without a medal you are done with the skating'. His mom ran to me in tears `What should we do, our father is very strict, we can't go against his word, how will Adian make it to the podium every competition?'
I don't know what happened that moment, but Adian became so focused and progressed. He was deep in the work. And in almost all the competitions that followed he took medals. I'm sure it was thanks to his father's interference.
But then at the certain stage his parents `turned off'. I think they should had been stricter with Adian. It's a hard age when the guy is searching for himself. Perhaps not receiving the love from his gf he was looking for the love from us, I can't really tell what was the reason for his behaviour. But it happens and I see the same on the other kids. The parents think the kids are adult and understand themselves what do they need. Only that they don't! Not the boys nor the girls! Hence they need the parents' support. From the morning till the evening and even more from the evening till the morning. The parents have to make sure they rest enough. Meet them home or perhaps near the metro station. To feed them and put them to sleep. To make sure they feel the support. So they wake up in the morning now while their parents are still asleep, but when the breakfast is on the table. The parents should ask how the practices are going and may be even come to the rink from time to time. Yes, it's hard, but that's what the sport is like.
If the kid wins a medal, the parents should not think `ok, that's it, now he can do on his own'. He will do nothing on his own. The athlete should ricochet from the coach to the parents, from the parents to the coach. They say the real athletes are useless in the real life and when they retire they are overwhelmed with what awaits them and what they need to do.

Adian Pitkeev - the only athlete who left and came there to say goodbye. He brought flowers and started crying. I saw his tears and was in tears myself. I asked him `why are you crying?' He said `I'm so sorry for you - you wasted so many years on me'. I told him - no Adian, don't feel sorry for me.

Interview translated by TAHbKA on FSU

ewdokia

On the Ice
Adian mentioned in Eteri's interview (5/5). Snippets included below just in case you don't want to read the entire thing.

Simonenko's interview with Tutberidze `Projecting the upbringing on the sport results discipline'

This interview and in particular the part on Adian simply left me speechless. For everybody having just a bit of knowledge on

- Adian’s situation when training at Sambo in general,
- the situation before Euros till he finally left Eteri in particular
- and how things developed afterwards

this Interview gives much more insight on Eteri’s character than Adian’s. And a pretty disgusting one I might add. :palmf: If I were his parents, I would sue her for torture of an underage person and the damage she has done to his health. :(

vorravorra

Record Breaker
This interview and in particular the part on Adian simply left me speechless. For everybody having just a bit of knowledge on

- Adian’s situation when training at Sambo in general,
- the situation before Euros till he finally left Eteri in particular
- and how things developed afterwards

this Interview gives much more insight on Eteri’s character than Adian’s. And a pretty disgusting one I might add. :palmf: If I were his parents, I would sue her for torture of an underage person and the damage she has done to his health. :(
The one thing I can't get over is that she talks like she is unaware that Adian has been out with a back injury for a season and a half from that exact FS at 2016 Nationals where she told him to suck it up and skate through pain, and still insists that was the right thing to do. I don't know why the interviewer didn't at least point that out.

ewdokia

On the Ice
The one thing I can't get over is that she talks like she is unaware that Adian has been out with a back injury for a season and a half from that exact FS at 2016 Nationals where she told him to suck it up and skate through pain, and still insists that was the right thing to do. I don't know why the interviewer didn't at least point that out.
I think Simonenko did a good job NOT to ask Eteri about Adian’s injury. This would put Eteri in a defense position, I think she wouldn’t have opened up this way to show her real character. :dev2:

Talking about that Russian Nationals – I think it just didn’t matter anymore, i.e. it didn’t cause much more additional harm. This had been already done by making Adian skate severely injured for more than one year. I watched him at practice at Nepala in autumn 2015 and it was pretty obvious something is going on there and that he was skating in pain. I even tend to think it was good that his team didn’t decide to withdraw at RN. As Adian was the best Russian men in GP that season, he’d probably gotten a bye for Euros and that would have meant he skated even longer with not cured injuries. Plus Eteri's reaction after the LP pretty open showed her attitude. :rolleye:

However, to be honest I think Adian in particular was an athlete not suited for Eteri’s system of training and repetition to exhaustion form the very beginning, as he probably lacked regeneration time in comparison to other skaters of the group (I posted the reasons in the thread on Eteri’s interview). I guess his risk of getting injured was higher anyways. So I give Eteri the benefit of a doubt that in Adian’s case she likely can’t be blamed for injury, but she can be accused for not at all taking care of healing it. And she can be blamed for not taking any responsibility for this and the consequences afterwards and even bashing her former students. That recent interview has been my major disappointment of the season if it comes to lack of class. :palmf:
I barely post due to lack of time, but in this case it’s hard to keep my mouth closed. :noshake:

I haven't heard any news about his skating. He seems to be doing well in his private life, at least. :shrug:
https://www.instagram.com/sanya_and_adian/
I always thought he was extremely shy and private, so this "official shared Instagram" thing seems a bit weird to me (and slightly nausea-inducing ;)), but maybe you have to be a teenager to understand :laugh:
Lol, I think Adian is still shy, but his girlfriend obviously isn’t. :laugh:
And I think it’s great he has a pretty outgoing girlfriend. Having distraction from his health problems and additional support for sure is very helpful for Adian right now. :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was looking back through this thread and his problems were well known for a very long time, and visible to anyone watching. Except for Eteri, apparently. Or she knew and just thought he needed to suffer and get on with it? I wonder what she will do if her daughter ever ends up with an injury like that. Of course, I hope she won't, but I just wonder what it will take for her to recognize injuries need to be addressed and healed ASAP.

Perfume

Match Penalty
Had he left Eteri because of his attitude, he would have been backed to skating by now. He just couldn't even with a richer and influential club in Moscow.. That tells a lot about the seriousness of his injury.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interview with Buyanova

- After the World Cup has been much talk about the men's figure skating, that in this form, we are lagging behind. Talented boys in the team without exception. So the question, and that Adian Pitkeev?

- During the year, Adya almost never parted with doctors. To sustain such a young guy hard, but the situation at Adya difficult. Season, we were forced to skip, although Peter Chernyshov put Adian excellent programs. But the injury is constantly hampered the training process, and that we have stopped. There have been periods of improvement, but as soon as the added load from the athlete appeared back pain. And it seems to have passed into the chronic stage. A need to learn new elements. Opponents have gone ahead. We talked to Adian on this topic. But he has to understand and decide for themselves whether he can continue to ride. Pitkeev very talented and gifted skater - thirsty, absorbent. It is unfortunate that injury prevented him to realize his potential. But health is health. I myself through this in sports, and that such injuries and illnesses, I know firsthand.

Source: http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/2993-elena-buyanova-u-nashikh-sportsmenok-silnyj-kharakter.html

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He's posted some pictures about a training camp in Italy a few days ago on his instagram, do we know if it's because he's planning to go? I want to believe he's going to fight for a spot in the olympic team! :sad21:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUH_y9zl86f/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUH_6cxl0dh/?taken-by=adyanpitkeev

(and yay, my first post in a fanfest is for Adian :yay: )

From past knowledge, Buyanova always takes all her students, injured or not to training camps an example is Proklova who went every year.