Aleksandra Golovkina | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Aleksandra Golovkina

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ondrej Nepela Memorial Trophy Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Ondrej Nepela Memorial Trophy Senior Ladies: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Aleksandra finished 12th out of 18 in the FS, with a score of 92.82. This meant that she dropped to 11th position overall, with a score of 143.99.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch LIVE. However, one member that was watching did post about Aleksandra in the competition thread, so here is what she wrote:

Aleksandra. Elegant black dress. Nice program and skate. :clap:

Aleksandra finished the Free Skate 1.93 points behind 11th position, Sofja STEPCENKO (LAT), and 7.65 points ahead of 13th position, Anastasia GOZHVA (UKR). Aleksandra was at the bottom of a group of 3 skaters covered by 3.99 points that is headed by Nina POVEY (GBR) in 10th position.

Overall, Aleksandra finished 4.00 points behind 10th position, Povey, and 1.76 points ahead of 12th position, Stepcenko.

:cheer: WELL DONE ALEKSANDRA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aleksandra will be back in action today on "home ice" at the Tayside Trophy in Dundee, Scotland (she trains and coaches at this rink).

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 17:35:00 BST (16:35:00 GMT / 19:35:00 EEST). So 10 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 9th skater to start. So, fifth and final skater to go in Group 2 (and final skater to go in the segment).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 18:03:30 BST (17:03:30 GMT / 20:03:30 EEST). So 10h 28m from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 18:32:00 BST (17:32:00 GMT / 20:32:00 EEST). So 10h 57m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before her withdraws.

More information in the event thread:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95896

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ALEKSANDRA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ALEKSANDRA WON THE SHORT PROGRAMME!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Tayside Trophy Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV5gemBSrKI

Aleksandra finished 1st out of 9 in the SP, with a score of 52.72.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread at the time:

Lots of cheers for Aleksandra when she was introduced. Well, she is a local skater now. ;) :biggrin:

Awwww. She's skating to "Clair De Lune". :love: I'm nearly sure she's skated to that before.

Beautiful combination to start with.

But fall on her second jump.

Spins that followed were beautiful. As was the third jump.

Wow! She built up a lot of speed in the spins after that. She could have drilled through the ice! :drama:

Not sure about the change of music for the last third of the programme. But, it was reflected well in the skating, so I can't complain.

I know I am over-using the word "beautiful", but that is what everything about this programme was.

SHE'S TAKEN THE OVERNIGHT LEAD WITH 52.71 POINTS!!!!

That's my girl!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Aleksandra is currently 1.76 points ahead of 2nd position, Eliška BŘEZINOVÁ (CZE), and 5.96 points ahead of 3rd position, Genevieve SOMERVILLE (GBR).

Being realistic, this is between Aleksandra and Eliška for the win. Eliška does have a reputation of being inconsistent. But, Aleksandra should not rest in her laurels, as she has been known to be a bit inconsistent herself.

To maximise her chances of winning, Aleksandra needs to just go out there and do the best that she can.

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start today at 19:18:00 BST (18:18:00 GMT / 21:18:00 EEST). So 10 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 9th skater to start. So, fifth and final skater to go in Group 2 (andfinal skater to go in the segment).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:50:30 BST (18:50:30 GMT / 21:50:30 EEST). So 10h 32m from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 20:23:00 BST (19:23:00 GMT / 22:23:00 EEST). So 11h 05m from now.

More information in the event sub-forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/971

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ALEKSANDRA WON THE FREE SKATE AND THE 🥇 GOLD MEDAL!!!

Tayside Trophy Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Tayside Trophy Senior Ladies: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq2WI_Jlas0

Aleksandra finished 1st out of 9 in the FS, with a score of 98.51. This meant that she remained in 1st position overall, with a score of 151.23.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch LIVE. However, one member that was watching did post about Aleksandra in the competition thread, so here is what she wrote:

Aleksandra. Elegant black dress. Nice program and skate. :clap:

And here are my thoughts while watching her FS on the archived livestream:

Wow! Aleksandra looks absolutely stunning in that black dress!

Opening combination wasd beautiful.

The next jump had a hand-down on landing. And the

But all the jumps in the sequence were beautiful. As was the combination spin that she went into from them.

Ach! Fall on the first jump she did in the second half.

But the combination she did next was beautriful. As was the jump she di on it's own.

All spins were beautiful. But, they always are for Aleksandra.

Everything about that programme was just beautiful. Dress, music and skating.

Quite a few flowers thrown down to her. Well, she is a local, after all!

Wow! They were very quick in getting the scores out. She was still on the ice and the highlights had barely started being shown when they were announced.

SHE WON!!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

And it was by a massive margin.

I'm getting all emotional here!

CaroLiza_fan

Here is the link on the archived livestream to Aleksandra celebrating with her coaches afterwards (starts at 7m 33m 44s):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGCA8skkV3E&t=27224

And with her fiancé (starts at 7m 39m 06s):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGCA8skkV3E&t=27546

And the Podium Ceremony (starts at 7m 48m 00s):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGCA8skkV3E&t=28080

Aleksandra finished the Free Skate 10.62 points ahead of 2nd position, Karolina BIAŁAS (POL), and 15.31 points ahead of 3rd position, Genevieve SOMERVILLE (GBR)

Overall, Aleksandra finished 17.60 points ahead of 2nd position, Białas, and 21.27 points ahead of 3rd position, Somerville.

I don't know what to say. She was amazing.

I hope this is a sign of things to come for the rest of the season. Oh, imagine how magical it would be if she went to the European Championships on home ice in Kaunas and skated this well. Or better! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aleksandra will be back in action today at the Swiss Open in Lausanne, Switzerland.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 15:15:00 CEST (13:15:00 GMT / 14:15:00 BST / 16:15:00 EEST). So 8 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 7th skater to start. So, third and middle skater to go in Group 2 (and antepenultimate skater to go before the resurfacing).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 15:47:30 CEST (13:47:30 GMT / 14:47:30 BST / 16:47:30 EEST). So 8h 32m from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 16:07:00 CEST (14:07:00 GMT / 15:07:00 BST / 17:07:00 EEST). So 8h 52m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95784

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Swiss Open Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBd505ns5r8

Aleksandra finished 3rd out of 10 in the SP, with a score of 52.43.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread at the time:

Bruce Forsyth pose to start?! Not exactly what you associate with "Clair De Lune". :p

Very nearly a hand down on the landing of the first part of the opening combination. But she avoided it.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I'm sure there were cynical people thinking that Aleksandra won in Dundee because it was her home rink and she had local support. But this was just as good as it was then. She really is in great form.

You know, I think this building up to be her best season yet. And what better time to do it in, than when her home country is hosting Europeans!

Into 2nd with a score of 52.43.

CaroLiza_fan

Aleksandra is currently 6.65 points behind 2nd position, Olga MIKUTINA (AUT), and 0.52 points ahead of 4th position, Olivia LISKO (FIN). Aleksandra is at the top of a group of 5 skaters covered by 4.58 points, stretching down to 7th position, Mariia ANDRIICHUK (UKR).

Although she is in 3rd position after the SP, Aleksandra is in a precarious position. Barring mistakes from the skaters ahead of her, she is unlikely to move up. However, there are a lot of skaters right on her tail who fancy their chances of getting onto the podium.

So, she needs to go all out and do the best that she can in teh FS to hold onto that 3rd position.

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start today at 15:15:00 CET (14:15:00 GMT / 16:15:00 EET). So 7 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 8th skater to start. So, third and middle skater to go in Group 2 (and antepenultimate skater to go in the segment).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 16:00:40 CET (15:00:40 GMT / 17:00:40 EET). So 7h 45m from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 16:22:50 CET (15:22:50 GMT / 17:22:50 EET). So 8h 07m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95784

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ALEKSANDRA WON THE FREE SKATE AND THE 🥈 SILVER MEDAL!!!

Swiss Open Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Swiss Open Senior Ladies: Results

Aleksandra finished 1st out of 10 in the FS, with a score of 93.76. This meant that she climbed to 2nd position overall, with a score of 146.19.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread just before she came on:

Popping in to watch Aleksandra before I catch up on the repeat of last night's Formula 1 Qualifying before the race comes on.

I managed to see most of the Warm-Up, and Aleksandra had some beautiful jumps. But, she also had a fall near the end of it. So, hopefully that is her quota out of the way before she does her programme.

And here she comes!

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote about her programme:

Missed the start of Aleksandra because the stream started buffering. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't think I missed too much. Maybe one element at most.

Ach, she fell twice in a row on what would be her last 2 jumps.

Such a pity, because everything else was beautiful.

Given how close she and the four skaters behind her in the SP were, I'm getting worried that she might slip down the order due to those falls.

Ah, no need to panic. She's taken the lead in both FS and overall!

CaroLiza_fan

And not only did she take the lead in the FS, but she held onto it to win the FS. :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Watching the individual video on YouTube, I confirmed that I didn't actually miss much. But, she was waiting in position for longer than you would ideally want before the music started.

Looking at the Protocols, Aleksandra had a lot of under-rotations called. Both of the junps she fell on, the Triple Loop and the Triple Salchow, were under-rotated. But so was the Triple Flip that she did directly before them. And the Double Axel that she did as part of her fourth element, a Double Flip-Double Axel-Single Axel done in sequence.

Apart from a -1 from Judge 1 for the Step Sequence and a -1 from Judge 5 for the Change Foot C0mbination Spin, the four jumps that were under-rotated were the only elements that got any minuses. Unfortunately for Aleksandra, everything for these jumps was negative.

Aleksandra finished the Free Skate 1.79 points ahead of 2nd position, Olga MIKUTINA (AUT), and 3.19 points ahead of 3rd position, Olivia LISKO (FIN).

Overall, Aleksandra finished 4.86 points behind 1st position, Mikutina, and 3.71 points ahead of 3rd position, Lisko.

Given that she won the Free Skate despite having two falls and two more jumps under-rotated, it just shows how good this programme is. And why I am feeling so good about this season for her.

Can't see what she does in a few weeks time at the Warsaw Cup, her second Challenger event of the season .

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aleksandra will be back in action today at this week's Challenger event, the Warsaw Cup in Poland.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 18:25:00 CET (17:25:00 GMT / 19:25:00 EET). So 11 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 1st skater to start. So, first skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 18:25:00 CET (17:25:00 GMT / 19:25:00 EET). So 11 hours from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 18:32:30 CET (17:32:30 GMT / 19:32:30 EET). So 11h 07m from now.

More information in the event forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/973

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Warsaw Cup Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYdc8GhwBZo

Aleksandra finished 12th out of 31 in the SP, with a score of 53.11.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread during the Warm-Up:

Nice combination from Alexandra when she was being introduced by the rink announcer.

You could tell Diana enjoyed talking about Aleksandra's connections in Scotland, having been based in Scotland herself. (Although, Diana was in Edinburgh, whilst Aleksandra is in Dundee).

Didn't really see her much after that.

Alexandra up first.

CaroLiza_fan

Lovely combination to start.

And second jump lovely too. As was the spin.

Fell hard on her backside while doing the next jump. But got up and did a lovely combination spin straight away as if nothing had happened.

I forgot about the change of music for the second half.

But, everything was good in the second half.

Diana enjoyed it!

The three of them sitting waiting for the scores look very serious.

Into the lead (obviously) with a score of 53.11.

That's actually her highest SP score of the season!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Aleksandra is currently 0.23 points behind 11th position, Vanesa SELMEKOVA (SVK), and 1.37 points ahead of 12th position, TBarbora VRÁNKOVÁ (CZE). All three of them are part of a larger group of 17 skaters covered by 8.33 points, stretching from Olivia LISKO (FIN) in 8th position, 0.78 points ahead of Aleksandra, to Yelizaveta BABENKO (UKR) in 24th position, 7.55 points behind Aleksandra.

When you have a group this big, anything can happen. There is the potential for Aleksandra to move up considerably, or she could move down considerably.

So, she needs to have a good Free Skate to make sure she moves up.

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start at 16:15:00 CET (15:15:00 GMT / 17:15:00 EET). So 9 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 20th skater to start. So, fifth and last skater in Group 4 (and last skater before the resurfacing).

The Group 4 Warm-Up is due to start at 18:50:00 CET (17:50:00 GMT / 19:50:00 EET). So 11h 35m from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 19:28:50 CET (18:28:50 GMT / 20:28:50 EET). So 12h 13m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/973

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Warsaw Cup Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Warsaw Cup Senior Ladies: Results

Aleksandra finished 7th out of 30 in the FS, with a score of 105.56. This meant that she climbed to 7th position overall, with a score of 158.67.

I hadn't timed things well, and arrived a few minutes after Aleksandra started. So I had to wind the stream back. A couple of members did watch LIVE, so I will copy in their comments first. Here is the first:

I liked Golovkina, even if she had troubles in the second half.

And here is what our fan of pretty dresses had to say:

Alexsandra. Elegant black dress. Good program and skate, level 4 spins and step sequence. :clap:

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread when I did get watching:

Beautiful combination to start off.

And another beatiful combination as her second element too!

Wasn't too sure if the end of the third jump was supposed to be like that, but otherwise it was beautiful.

Fourth and fifth jumps beautiful too.

Guess what. So was the combination spin.

Double Flip beautiful.

But fell on the Triple Loop.

Double Salchow beautiful.

The two spins at the end were beautiful too!

I know I have over-done it with calling everything "beautiful", but there is no better word for it. She is a really beautiful skater.

Diana said she was mesmerising. And I couldn't agree more.

I really love the

Into the lead of the FS and overall, with new absolute PB scores for both!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the Protocols, there were only two elements that got any minuses. One of them was obviously the Triple Loop that she fell on, which unsurprisingly got -5 from all the Judges; as well as the biggest GOE hit of the programme at -1.96.

The other element that got minus numbers was the third element, the Triple Toe. So, that would indicate that I was correct in thinking that the ending was not supposed to be like that! It got -3 from Judge 4; -2 from four Judges; and -1 from two Judges. It also got GOE of -0.76.

But, apart from those two elements, the rest of the Protocols were very nice looking!

Aleksandra finished the Free Skate 2.37 points behind 6th position, Sara FRANZI (CHE), and 5.28 points ahead of 8th position, Nina POVEY (GBR).

Overall, Aleksandra finished 5.98 points behind 6th position, Franzi, and 1.17 points ahead of 8th position, Emmi PELTONEN (FIN).

So far, this season is turning out to be a great one for Aleksandra. I don't think she has any more outings before Nationals, but she is definitely on a good run going into them!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aleksandra will be back in action today at the EDU Sport Trophy in Otopeni, Romania.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 20:37:00 EET (18:37:00 GMT). So 12 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 1st skater to start. So, first skater to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 20:37:00 EET (18:37:00 GMT). So 12 hours from now.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's aren't working.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95825

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
EDU Sport Trophy Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Aleksandra finished 6th out of 8 in the SP, with a score of 53.39.

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch the EDU Sport Trophy.

Looking at the Protocols, she had a very good skate. There were no negative numbers in the whole table. In fact, nearly all the Judges marks were +2 or +3. The only exceptions were three +1's. One of them was for the second element, the Double Axel. But, the other Judges marks were two +2's and two +3's. And the GOE was the third highest of the programme at +0.77

And the other two -1's were for the third element, the Flying Camel Spin. The other three Judges all gave it +2. The GOE was the lowest of the programme at +0.53, which is still good.

The problem was the fourth element. She Singled her Loop, which made it an invalid element.

The highest scoring element was the Triple Toe-Double Toe combination that she opened with. It got +2 from four Judges and +3 from Judge 3. It also got the highest GOE of the programme at +0.84 which, when coupled with the highest Base Value of the programme, confirmed it as the highest scoring element of the programme.

Aleksandra is currently 0.51 points behind 5th position, Ana Sofia BESCHEA (ROU), and 2.78 points ahead of 7th position, Andreea Ramona VOICU (ROU). Aleksandra is the bottom skater in a group of 4 skaters covered by 1.14 points, which stretches up to Julia SAUTER (ROU) in 3rd position.

That said, Mariia SENIUK (ISR) in 2nd position is only 2.16 points ahead of Sauter, and 3.30 points ahead of Aleksandra. So, if Aleksandra puts in a good Free Skate, she not only has a good chance of getting onto the third position step on the podium, but she also has a chance of getting onto the runner-up step.

So, let's hope she does have a good Free Skate!

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start at 17:06:40 EET (15:06:40 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 3rd skater to start. So, third and penultimate skater in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 17:06:40 EET (15:06:40 GMT). So 9 hours from now.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's aren't working.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95825

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
EDU Sport Trophy Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
EDU Sport Trophy Senior Ladies: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Aleksandra finished 3rd out of 8 in the FS, with a score of 105.11. This meant that she climbed to 3rd position overall, with a score of 158.50.

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch the EDU Sport Trophy.

Looking at the Protocols, she seems to have had an issue with her third element, the Triple Toe. It got -3 from three Judges; and -2 from two Judges. It also got -1.12 in GOE.

But this was an isolated issue, because the two elements before it and the two elements after it went well, with not a single minus number beside them.

Unfortunately, there was a spell in the middle of the programme where things did not go well. First of all, she landed the Triple Loop on the quarter, and fell. This resulted in -5 from all the Judges; and the biggest GOE hit of the programme at -2.45.

Then she Singled her Flip. It got -2 from Judge 3; 0 from 3 Judges; and +1 from Judge 5. It also got neutral GOE.

Then she Singled her Salchow. It got -2 from three Judges; and -1 from two Judges. It also got -0.07 in GOE.

Fortunately, everything after that went well.

Aleksandra finished the Free Skate 6.32 points behind 2nd position, Julia SAUTER (ROU), and 11.68 points ahead of 4th position, Ana Sofia BESCHEA (ITA).

Overall, Aleksandra finished 7.46 points behind 2nd position, Sauter, and 9.69 points ahead of 4th position, Mariia SENIUK (ISR).

Oh, if only she hadn't Singled her Loop in the Short. That could have made a big difference to the outcome. But, despite that, she still managed to go home with a 🥉 Bronze Medal. Which just shows how good her form is.

Well, hopefully she will take this positive view going into Nationals, which are being held this coming weekend in Kaunas.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Exactly a week after she was last in action, Aleksandra will today be attempting to retain her National title at the Lithuanian Championships in Kaunas.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 15:35:00 EET (13:35:00 GMT). So 7 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 4th skater to start. So, fourth and last skater to go in Group 1 (and last skater to go in the segment).

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 15:35:00 EET (13:35:00 GMT). So 7 hours from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 16:00:00 EET (14:00:00 GMT). So 7h 25m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/97157

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Lithuanian Championships Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnhgwTlov6w

Aleksandra finished 2nd out of 4 in the SP, with a score of 50.44.

Unfortunately, there was no livestream for the Lithuanian Championships. However, the organising club posted individual programme videos to their YouTube channel later in the day. So, here is what I wrote when I watched the video:

Oooh. Haven't seen the Bruce Forsyth starting pose from that angle before.

First part of opening combination lovely, fall on second part.

Lovely camel spin.

The camera is zoomed in so far that I thought she was going to skate it when she went past it at one point!

Fell on jump just after this.

Lovely combination spin straight after the fall made up for it.

And finished with a lovely layback spin.

Unfortunately, the video cut away as soon as she finished, so we did not see her reaction.

If you ignore the two falls, that was really good. (I was going to say "lovely" again, but I realise that I tend to over-use that word when talking about Aleksandra's skating). But the falls are going to cost her.

Into 2nd, 3.50 points behind the leader.

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the Protocols, it is easy to see why Aleksandra is not leading. She had two falls. The first was on the very first element, the Triple Toe-Triple Toe combination. I take it that the fall was on the second part, because it was called as under-rotated. It got -5 from all five Judges. It also got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme at -2.10. However, because it had the highest Base Value, it remained the highest scoring element of the programme.

The second fall came on the fourth element, the Triple Loop. It was called as having been landed on the quarter. Unsurprisingly, it also got -5 from all five Judges. It got the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -2.45. Unfortunately, although it had the second highest Base Value, the GOE meant it became the lowest scoring element of the programme.

Everything else was good.

Aleksandra is currently 3.50 points behind 1st position, Meda VARIAKOJYTE (LTU), and 7.05 points ahead of 3rd position, Selina KANEDA (LTU).

The main advantage that Meda had was her combination jump, the Triple Lutz-Triple Toe, had a higher Base Value than Alexandra's combination jump, the Triple Toe-Triple Toe. So even if she hadn't fallen on it and got minus GOE, Aleksandra was on the back-foot already in that regard.

If you ignore the two elements that she fell on, generally speaking Aleksandra was getting higher GOE, higher Judges marks, and higher PCS than Meda. So, if Alexandra stays upright, this all bodes well for a comeback in the Free Skate.

Let's hope that she does have a clean Free Skate then!

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start at 12:15:00 EET (10:15:00 GMT). So 4 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 3rd skater to start. So, third and penultimate skater in Group 1 (and penultimate skater in the segment).

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 12:15:00 EET (10:15:00 GMT). So 4 hours from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 12:36:300 EET (10:36:30 GMT). So 4h 21m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/97157

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Lithuanian Championships Senior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Lithuanian Championships Senior Ladies: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-XXGU9RPM

Aleksandra finished 2nd out of 4 in the FS, with a score of 100.78. This meant that she remained in 2nd position overall, with a score of 151.22.

Unfortunately, there was no livestream for the Lithuanian Championships. However, the organising club posted individual programme videos to their YouTube channel later in the day. So, here is what I wrote when I watched the video:

Better camera position than on Saturday. We are now a bit nearer the centre, rather than right in the corner.

Camera went out of focus when zooming in, so was blurred for the first part of her opening combination and in focus for the second part. But, as far as I could tell, she landed both parts fine.

Camera was zoomed in too far when she came back to this end of the rink to do her second jump, and had to quickly zoom out while she was doing it. She promptly fell.

Just about landed next jump.

Sequence was lovely until the last part, which she just about landed.

Combination spin good.

Another fall on a jump.

But combination jump that she did next was good. And so was the jump on it's own afterwards. And, indeed, the rest of the programme.

Too many mistakes, I'm afraid. If she is going to win, she'll need Meda to make more mistakes.

Into the lead of the FS and overall, so guaranteed at least a 🥈 Silver Medal.

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the Protocols, the falls stick out like sore thumbs. As you would expect, they both got -5's from all the Judges. The first jump she fell on, the Triple Loop, was downgraded. And it got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -0.85. The other, the Triple Flip, was landed on the quarter. It got the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -2.65.

The only other elements that had any minuses beside them were the two that I mentioned that she just about landed. The third element, the Triple Toe, got -1 from Judge 5; and 0 from the remaining 4 Judges. It also got meutral GOE.

The sequence I mentioned, the Double Flip-Double Axel-Double Axel, got -1 from 3 Judges; and 0 from two Judges. It also got the third biggest GOE hit of -0.22, but because it had the highest Base Value of the programme, it remained as the highest scoring element of the programme.

Aleksandra finished the Free Skate 5.25 points behind 1st position, Meda VARIAKOJYTE (LTU), and 8.51 points ahead of 3rd position, Jogailė AGLINSKYTĖ (LTU).

Overall, Aleksandra finished 8.75 points behind 1st position, Variakojyte, and 18.22 points ahead of 3rd position, Aglinskytė.

If you take out Meda's Junior GP in Turkey, she and Aleksandra have been achieving very similar scores all season. Nationals was always going to be a showdown between them. But 4 falls across 2 programmes, as well as other mistakes, put paid to Aleksandra's chances.

Unfortunately, with them being so well matched all season, I fear this means that Aleksandra will miss out on the opportunity to compete at Europeans on home ice. After all, it would be strange for the host country to not send their newly crowned Senior National Champion. Unless, of course, they know that Aleksandra is planning to retire this season, in which case they might send her to Europeans so that she can bow out at a Major held on home ice. But, as a fan, I don't want to think about her retiring.

It is still possible that Aleksandra could be sent to Senior Worlds.

On the whole, Aleksandra has had a good season so far. And I look forward to seeing her for the rest of the season.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately, with them being so well matched all season, I fear this means that Aleksandra will miss out on the opportunity to compete at Europeans on home ice. After all, it would be strange for the host country to not send their newly crowned Senior National Champion. Unless, of course, they know that Aleksandra is planning to retire this season, in which case they might send her to Europeans so that she can bow out at a Major held on home ice. But, as a fan, I don't want to think about her retiring.

The Provisional Entry Lists for Europeans have been released, and Aleksandra has been assigned the slot.

Jogailė AGLINSKYTĖ (3rd in Nationals) is the first alternate, and Meda VARIAKOJYTE (1st in Nationals) is the second alternate.

Make of that what you will.

EDIT: Actually, when you look at TES Minimum situation, this order makes sense regardless of whether Aleksandra is retiring or not. Whereas Meda has the Minimums for Europeans and Junior and Senior Worlds, Aleksandra and Jogailė only have the Minimums for Europeans. So, because Meda is the only skater than can be selected for Senior Worlds, the other two were placed ahead of her for Europeans so that one of them could get an outing on the big stage this season.​

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The time has come. Aleksandra will have the honour of representing her country in a Major Championship on home ice today at the European Championships in Kaunas, Lithuania.

I hope this does not turn out to be the case, but if Aleksandra is planning to have this event as her swansong, this could potentially be her last competitive performance, because only the Top 24 skaters go through to the Free Skate.

The Senior Ladies SP is due to start today at 13:15:00 EET (11:15:00 GMT). So 5 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 20th skater to start. So, fourth and penultimate skater to go in Group 4 (and penultimate skater to go before the second resurfacing).

The Group 4 Warm-Up is due to start at 15:25:45 EET (13:25:45 GMT). So 7h 10m from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 15:58:10 EET (13:58:10 GMT). So 7h 43m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/933

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
European Championships Senior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Aleksandra finished 15th out of 33 in the SP, with a score of 55.80.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread about the Warm-Up (my Sicilian friend had just commented about her having a kid in this group):

And mine is in this group too! :biggrin:

I have to say, I love what my girl Aleksandra was wearing during the introductions.

And she did a really nice combination jump when the rinkside announcer was talking about her at the start the Warm-Up.

But, she had a hand down doing another jump in the background of a shot near the end of the Warm-Up. She made up for it shortly afterwards, when she did a lovely combination.

As I said at the start, I am not ready for this.

CaroLiza_fan

Here is what I wrote as she was being introduced before doing her programme:

I had a look at Aleksandra's ISU Bio, and she has a new SP for this event.

That would explain why I didn't recognise the jumpsuit.

You know, maybe I was wrong in thinking she was going to retire this week.

Everything seemed to be pointing towards that - going back to using the same music in her SP that she used for her first Junior GP season 11 years ago ("Clair De Lune"); having a Major Championship in her home country; getting selected despite not winning Nationals.

But you would hardly learn a new competition programme for just one event.

Anyway, here she is.

Please put in as beautiful a performance as we have become used to seeing from you.

CaroLiza_fan

Ah, it is still "Clair De Lune" after all.

For those that are not from the British Isles, that was a Bruce Forsyth pose at the start. (She's been living here too long! :laugh: )

Lovely combination to start. Chris said that it was supposed to have more rotations.

Fall on the Double Axel.

Lovely Triple Flip. And so was the combiantion spin afterwards.

Everything was beautiful after that.

Aleksandra, Simon and David all looking very happy waiting for the scores.

Into 6th, with a new ISU SB.

So easily qualified for the Free. We will get to see her at least one more time!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

The comments from other members were positive too. First from one of our members in Australia:

Stayed a bit longer to watch Aleksandra in her gorgeous jumpsuit, and she didn't disappoint 😍

Love how the jumpsuit accentuates her legs during her spins. What a jumpscare music cut though 😂

And here is a good summary of the programe in one sentence:

Too bad for the fall, but overall nicely done by the home heroine. :clap:

And finally two comments from one of our Polish members. Firstly directly after she finished:

Q of Golovkina looks iffy as not everything went to her plan, certainly intended to have 3T-3T combo and fell on 2A.

However I liked her daring music choices and I think she interpreted well both classical and modern music styles in this SP and her spins were good so was the lofty triple flip.

And then after her scores were announced:

Score above 55 is good for Golovkina. I worried too much!

I know the feeling! And 55.80 is actually her absolute Season's Best score for the SP. :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Looking at the Protocols, if you ignore the second element, they look lovely!

As I say, the Double Axel is the only blip in the protocols. But, given that she fell, it was to be expected. Unsurprisingly it got -5 from all nine Judges. It also got the only negative GOE of the programme, at -1.65. And because it had the third lowest Base Value of the programme, it became the lowest scoring element of the programme.

But, everything else went well. Apart from the Triple Flip, which got 0's from a string of Judges, every other element was completely positive in terms of both Judges marks and GOE. There were even a few +4's, which you don't see that often.

The opening element was the Triple Toe-Double Toe combination. It got +1 from Judge 3; +2 from four Judges; and +3 from four Judges. It also got the highest GOE of the programme, at +1.02. And because it had the second highest Base Value of the programme, this made it the highest scoring element of the programe.

The third element was the Flying Camel Spin. It got +1 from Judge 1; +2 from five Judges; and +3 from three Judges. It also got the second highest GOE of the programme, at +0.73.

The aforementioned Triple Flip was the fourth and middle element. It got 0 from seven Judges; +1 from Judge 1; and +2 from Judge 7. It also got the lowest positive GOE of the programme, at just +0.08. However, because it had the highest Base Value of the programme, this was enough for it to become the second highest scoring element of the programme.

One of the elements that got +4's was the fifth element, the Change Foot Combination Spin. It got +1 from two Judges; +2 from Judge 4; +3 from four Judges; and +4 from two Judges. It also got the highest GOE of the programme at +0.95, which made it the third highest scoring element of the programme.

The other element that got +4's was the sixth and penultimate element, the Step Sequence. It got +1 from three Judges; +2 from four Judges; and +4 from two Judges. It also got the third highest GOE of the programme, at 0.66.

The seventh and final element, the Layback Spin, also got good Judges marks. It got two +1's; five +2's; and three +3's. In terms of GOE, it got the second lowest positive GOE, at +0.48.

All in all, if you ignore the fall, a very good performance.

Aleksandra is currently 0.93 points behind 14th position, Emmi PELTONEN (FIN), and 0.12 points ahead of 16th position, Lara Naki GUTMANN (ITA). All three of them are part of a larger group where 20 skaters are covered by 12.40 points, stretching from Kimmy REPOND (CHE) in 8th position, 4.54 points ahead of Aleksandra, to Kristina SHKULETA-GROMOVA (EST) in 27th position, 7.86 points behind Aleksandra.

Of course, only 24 skaters go through to the Free Skate. So, the skater in 24th position, Barbora VRANKOVA (CZE), is 5.72 points behind Aleksandra.

In a group this big and this close, absolutely anything can happen. If Aleksandra has a good Free Skate, she could get into the Top 10. If she doesn't, she could be outside the Top 20. It is as open as that. The problem is that the same goes for all the other skaters in the group. Consequently, she needs to have a good Free Skate, regardless of what anybody else does.

So let's hope that she does just that!

The Senior Ladies FS is due to start at 13:00:00 EET (12:00:00 GMT). So 6 hours from now.

Aleksandra will be the 10th skater to start. So, fourth and antepenultimate skater in Group 2 (and antepenultimate skater before the resurfacing).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 13:53:45 EET (12:53:45 GMT). So 6h 53m from now.

Aleksandra is due to start at 14:24:30 EET (13:24:30 GMT). So 7h 24m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/933

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan