Alena Kanysheva | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Alena Kanysheva

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
There is a rumor that he left Panova to leave with ... "Tutberidze" She leaves Panova may be possible, but that he leaves with Tutberidze ??? If that miracle happens, Tutberidze would have 3 more skaters to dominate the season until they meet Liu and have to master 3A or quads to defeat her.

Is this true? Where did you see this from?

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Well, on Instagram she has unfollowed Svetlana Panova and vice versa...

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
Is this true? Where did you see this from?

For several hours a user on the sub forum of russian girls claims to have the scoop that Eteri herself gave him the keys to his new locker... I only just laughed, but to see if anyone has a more reliable data...

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, on Instagram she has unfollowed Svetlana Panova and vice versa...

That's unfortunate. I don't like this unfollowing stuff. Especially from an adult.

I understand why Eteri wants Alena. She's tall blonde and different than 3a. Alena has long lines and alot of potential. Tough break for Panova though.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
I understand why Eteri wants Alena. She's tall blonde and different than 3a. Alena has long lines and alot of potential. Tough break for Panova though.

Eteri herself never takes the initiative in attracting new students. But in the summer number of girls who left the group was greater than number who came into (including not yet had time to become famous, there were changes to ice dance and pair skating), and some who were on view (Kadyrova for ex.) did not stay in the group, so there are free seats. Kanysheva is talented enough but it doesn't mean she did come or she will stay there.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Eteri herself never takes the initiative in attracting new students. But in the summer number of girls who left the group was greater than number who came into (including not yet had time to become famous, there were changes to ice dance and pair skating), and some who were on view (Kadyrova for ex.) did not stay in the group, so there are free seats. Kanysheva is talented enough but it doesn't mean she did come or she will stay there.

Very true. We shall see. Alena had a good season so this coaching change is s surprise.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It's still just a rumour..
She and her coach broke up on IG and her coach was doing a nice job with Alena so she would only go to another coach who is the best. Makes sense. Yes it's still has to be finalized but we know she has left Panova.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She and her coach broke up on IG and her coach was doing a nice job with Alena so she would only go to another coach who is the best. Makes sense. Yes it's still has to be finalized but we know she has left Panova.

I think wars will be declared via unfollowing on insta very soon :laugh:

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
I think wars will be declared via unfollowing on insta very soon :laugh:

For now facebook and instagram are without service; so the rumors will stop for a moment; however the Russians use more VK than the western social networks, and there if the rumors no stop...

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Do you think JrWorlds was the final straw? I mean, Alena had a far better season than Panova's other student Sinitsina except for just one competition. You'd think Panova would have been pushing for Alena for JrWorlds. Eteri seems like an interesting choice. Alena doesn't have the 'look' of an Eteri skater, nor does she skate like one. But maybe she saw what Eteri did with Tursynbaeva in just one season, which was an incredible improvement.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Do you think JrWorlds was the final straw? I mean, Alena had a far better season than Panova's other student Sinitsina except for just one competition. You'd think Panova would have been pushing for Alena for JrWorlds. Eteri seems like an interesting choice. Alena doesn't have the 'look' of an Eteri skater, nor does she skate like one. But maybe she saw what Eteri did with Tursynbaeva in just one season, which was an incredible improvement.

This sounds like plausible speculation. It is true that Alёna had better results than Kseniya most of the season, but suffered a couple of unfortunate lapses and sickness at crucial times in terms of JWCh selection. It must have been rather a bitter blow for her. (On the other hand, it is also quite possible that a move was suggested constructively, we do not know.)

Eteri does have a consistent record of rapid turnarounds for skaters arriving with mediocre skills. Maya has been doing astonishingly well in the short time she has been with Eteri, and she too is not "typical". Though tall, she has a very different build and proportions to some other well-known tall skaters, like Polina and Marya S. I've seen some pretty negative and even outright rude comments about Maya, but in my opinion, she has extraordinarily beautiful movements and positions for a lanky built skater and it is nice to see her on a roll at season's end.

To get back on topic, I also saw Alёna compared to Marya S somewhere here, but Alёna too has a very different build from Marya that I just don't think height in isolation means very much.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I only believe any rumours like this when there is official proof. The 2019-2010 FFKKR ranking and distribution of skaters will be published soon, by then we should officially know.

Some people actually subscribe to social media and activate the option to receive updates on following and unfollowing, and make up crazy speculative stories themselves? :dev2:

Also I often wonder how people far removed from access to any Russian rink or skater, 'know' and 'hear' all kinds of rumours and gossips. One needs to closely follow all the Russian sports tabloids and chat boards in Russian and have excellent knowledge of the intricacies of Russian language and 'who is who' on those media to distill any plausible conclusions. I have neither time, desire nor language skills to keep up with all the Russian tabloids and message boards, so I tend to rely on the more established and trustworthy news outlets i.e. Tass, RIA, FFKKR, FFKM, MosKomSport, etc. etc.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Yes Liam. Not going to world's when Alena K was injured was likely the last straw for Alena K with Panova. Can't blame her. Medallling at JGPF and beating Shherbakova there should have mattered. It didn't.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Not going to world's when Alena K was injured was likely the last straw for Alena K with Panova. Can't blame her. Medallling at JGPF and beating Shherbakova there should have mattered. It didn't.
:confused:

Even assumed that the rumor is true, i don't get how anyone can blaming Panova for a RusFed choice, without knowing if there was some other problems between them.

There someone who blame Mishin because they choose to leave Liza at home ? :confused:

Even if you are an Eteri's skater you can't expect to be called to Worlds regardless of what happen at the Nats, just think of what happen to Tarakanova last season.

The only technical difference between the consistency that Alena has show on the JGP and what happen at the JNats is that Alena was trying 3Lz+3Lo on some competitions after the JGP final, for improve the TES content, but the difficulties showed on that element don't explain themselves the bad result of Alena at the JNats. There's no way that the RusFed would choose regardless of that result, as they usually take a lot into consideration the last domestic competition. And so Sinitsyna has gain that place, with a strong output at the JNats.

It's a coincidence that Sinitsyna is also coached by Panova.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Since Alyona's had quite a successful season and her fan fest has been one of the most active ladies threads over the last days, I've decided to update her OP. I've added all the results, programs and as many videos as I could find. Enjoy :)

Giltedge

Final Flight
Nah, it's likely truth with 99% probability. Just check out her friends in her new vk account https://vk.com/friends?id=535642398&section=all where she has at least 12 friends from Eteri camp (which never was the case before).

:laugh: kind of gives the lie to the harsh interpretation of last summer's "incident". Clamouring to befriend is hardly the action to be expected if there had been genuine ill-intent (which of course there hadn't, when you view the material).

I only believe any rumours like this when there is official proof. The 2019-2010 FFKKR ranking and distribution of skaters will be published soon, by then we should officially know.
Some people actually subscribe to social media and activate the option to receive updates on following and unfollowing, and make up crazy speculative stories themselves? :dev2:

Also I often wonder how people far removed from access to any Russian rink or skater, 'know' and 'hear' all kinds of rumours and gossips. One needs to closely follow all the Russian sports tabloids and chat boards in Russian and have excellent knowledge of the intricacies of Russian language and 'who is who' on those media to distill any plausible conclusions. I have neither time, desire nor language skills to keep up with all the Russian tabloids and message boards, so I tend to rely on the more established and trustworthy news outlets i.e. Tass, RIA, FFKKR, FFKM, MosKomSport, etc. etc.

True enough. Unfortunately whenever there is rumour of a move, excitable people run with it, and then the dredging of the archives and the wild speculation begins, which then more or less obliges others to intervene to try to inject some balance and the whole thing takes on a wild energy of itself. Let's see.

:confused:

Even assumed that the rumor is true, i don't get how anyone can blaming Panova for a RusFed choice, without knowing if there was some other problems between them.
There someone who blame Mishin because they choose to leave Liza at home ? :confused:

Even if you are an Eteri's skater you can't expect to be called to Worlds regardless of what happen at the Nats, just think of what happen to Tarakanova last season.

The only technical difference between the consistency that Alena has show on the JGP and what happen at the JNats is that Alena was trying 3Lz+3Lo on some competitions after the JGP final, for improve the TES content, but the difficulties showed on that element don't explain themselves the bad result of Alena at the JNats. There's no way that the RusFed would choose regardless of that result, as they usually take a lot into consideration the last domestic competition. And so Sinitsyna has gain that place, with a strong output at the JNats.

It's a coincidence that Sinitsyna is also coached by Panova.

It is quite true that JN and the current form of Kseniya/Alёna would have been the most important factor for selection. By and large, Alёna has been doing better and more consistently than Kseniya, but there was not a huge disparity, and Kseniya wasn't far behind Alёna in the cut for JGPF, so I wouldn't want to over-egg the pudding about Alёna's being more deserving. Both have been skating nicely this season.

Since Alyona's had quite a successful season and her fan fest has been one of the most active ladies threads over the last days, I've decided to update her OP. I've added all the results, programs and as many videos as I could find. Enjoy :)

Thank you :)