Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Are you sure you're not talking about a select few programs? Because all choreographers have put together poor programs. There have been many programs from him that I dislike as well, with POTO being the worst. But can you seriously say that Dream Catcher, Stella's Theme, Adios Nonino, the Angel, Black Swan, A Comme Amour, Perfume, Firebird, and Me Voy are all copy-and-paste choreography with no relation to the music? Imo all those programs were well done and different, and Me Voy was the best choreography last season.

Even in the good ones you can recognize some of the recycling, like for instance Stella's theme steps sequence is very similar to Don Quixote's steps sequence, they even have the same knee slide (that should be held longer in both programs) in the exact same position.

Also aren't some of these programs made by Eteri Tutberidze? Adios Nonino i think she is listed as main choreographer.

I agree with you, however Danill's job and realistically what the job is for any coach/choreographer for a competitive skater is to give them the tools to be able to win and Danill and Eteri have delivered that overwhelmingly to their skaters, Daniil's choreography last year contributed to winning gold at every GP event, swept the podium at the GPF, Europeans, and Russian Nationals. That doesn't even list the Junior skaters at Sambo he choreographed. Are those programs the most aesthetically pleasing to everyone, no, but competition programs are put together to do a different job. And similar to how Eteri mentioned about she won't change her training methods, until their programs start to lose them points and stop winning they are going to continue to put together programs the way that has delivered them victories.

Yeah i get it, i wished Eteri kept working with Marina as she did in 2015 but really that was just a temporary solution while they were looking to replace Averbukh with a choreographer that could stay with them the whole time.

I think they picked Daniil because he was very much unknown, a yes-man he could stare at Tutberidze taking all the important decisions, while if they picked a more talented and famous choreographer he/she probably would not to be afraid to disagree with EG as we saw even with Averbukh.

I'm not even saying he's a bad choreographer, we've definitely seen worse, it's just more variety would help, so maybe bring someone else in as a third option could be a good idea.

GINO

On the Ice
Avoiding your another useless attack against Scott I would just add that the score of those two on the bigger competitions is just 5:4 for Sasha, considering Junior and senior nationals, junior worlds, JGPF, GPF and Europeans. Here is the list:

Sasha finishing above Aliona (not necesarilly winning the whole competition):
2017 RJN
2017 JGPF
2018 JW
2019 RN
2019 RJN

Aliona finishing above Sasha (also not necesarilly winning the whole competition):
2018 JGPF
2019 GPF
2020 RN
2020 Europeans

There can be some other Russian junior cup competitions from the past, but those are the important ones.

You forgot RJN 2018, Cup of Russia 2018(and the fact that Alyona never beat Sasha at Moscow/Russian novice competitions 5:0 in Trusova favor). I think these 7 Sasha's victories slightly change the picture of the rivalry:agree2:

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Hold up. Why are y’all so pleased by that head-to-head record? Because what I’m seeing is this: It’s been well over a year since Trusova last beat Kostornaia. Am I missing something? Is this not correct? If so, it’s the present that needs to be emphasized, not the past.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
You forgot RJN 2018, Cup of Russia 2018(and the fact that Alyona never beat Sasha at Moscow/Russian novice competitions 5:0 in Trusova favor). I think these 7 Sasha's victories slightly change the picture of the rivalry:agree2:

Yes, I admit I forgot 2018 RJN, though I spoke about "important" competitions. because to be honest even russian cup final is not that important (this season it may be different).

McBibus

On the Ice
I'm just laughing at the "logic" we see now. Plushy said "the programs were awful, therefore Aliona must have hated all her programs and was just polite publicly. We all swear on this as a holy truth." :devil:

Sasha and Aliona seems the adults compared to their former/new coaches :laugh:

Once again it should be reminded that most of the girls through "generations", let's point Alina, Aliona and Kamila to differ them, haven't the strongest results behind when they moved to Eteri. For me it's still Eteri who takes raw carbon and cuts diamonds of it, while Plushy so far just buys those diamonds on the open market. So unless he won't create jewells out of them I don't feel any respect to his coaching abilities. Yes, he has a chance now to enhance his appearance now, but till I see some significant results of his own coaching work (I don't mean work of his money), I don't feel much respect to him.

I'm not denying Eteri's merit and her current "top coach" status.
Is deserved and gained with hard work and dedication.
I'm just saying that coaching is measured through athletes, so when you talk about one of trainees you should always remember that there would be no recognition of your good work without his achievements.

Fried

Final Flight
Hold up. Why are y’all so pleased by that head-to-head record? Because what I’m seeing is this: It’s been well over a year since Trusova last beat Kostornaia. Am I missing something? Is this not correct? If so, it’s the present that needs to be emphasized, not the past.

No. It was asked why Alyona didn't have a big deal, although it would suit her much better than Sasha (I know it wasn't exactly phrased that way, but that's ultimately the statement).
Sasha got the Adidas deal when she skated all competitors into the ground and also established quads in figure skating for women. There were several world records and "first women, who"-masterpieces. I think there are no questions to ask here.

McBibus

On the Ice
One can argue about beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder. For example, I prefer both Anna and Sasha in this category. But as I said, it is not worth arguing about and for sports it is irrelevant anyway. It's more of a thing for fans in love

We're talking about skating beauty on the ice not physical beauty.
To better give the idea i say that to me Carolina on the ice was a supermodel.
Of course it's always debatable, but it difficult to argue that Aliona is not fitting between those skaters that may look sublime even when not performing any pure technical element.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
From her interview from two weeks ago, no.

Thanks. I remember well, but I wasn't sure. Well , we don't need to produce conspiracy theory. This is the reason why she left the team. She is smart she knows can't win without 3A. Where is the key of this problem? At AP academy with Rozanov who gave her the 3A. She probably have seen Sasha's restored quad and maybe she talked with her. Or she and her parents read the media and they learned Sasha restored her all quads. It is enough reason.

eliana

On the Ice
I read some posts in which those who wrote them said that Evgheni is nothing, that his coaching is 0, that Evgheni only means money. As a Plushy fan, it hurt and saddened me. Even if he doesn't know anything about coaching (which is nonsense) it is enough for Evgheni to show the girls some of his competitions. I think if Sasha and the other girls learned a little from Plushy's art, they would be the first in the world. Please look ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv2M4bCh5m4
have you ever seen such a beautiful triple axel? Have you ever seen so much love for the public and vice versa? Look to the end!
You will see that the other colleagues look at him with admiration

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8wUmMKqhnf/ Have you seen such dedication and involvement? I do not! But I am subjective ....
If girls learn these things, success will be on their side
Evgheni when he's on the ice, most viewers see a superstar ... That's what girls need to learn ... courage, confidence, to make the audience love them. I trust Evgheni Viktorovich Plusenko!

McBibus

On the Ice
No. It was asked why Alyona didn't have a big deal, although it would suit her much better than Sasha (I know it wasn't exactly phrased that way, but that's ultimately the statement).
Sasha got the Adidas deal when she skated all competitors into the ground and also established quads in figure skating for women. There were several world records and "first women, who"-masterpieces. I think there are no questions to ask here.

It make sense for Sasha to have multiple sponsors.
Zenya has it, Alina has it, Anna has it.
The anomaly is Aliona not having any.
It leaves me very curious
I'm not thinking of plot of schemes I'm just wondering about the process of brands searching a testimonial

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sasha and Aliona seems the adults compared to their former/new coaches :laugh:

I'm not denying Eteri's merit and her current "top coach" status.
Is deserved and gained with hard work and dedication.
I'm just saying that coaching is measured through athletes, so when you talk about one of trainees you should always remember that there would be no recognition of your good work without his achievements.

But once again you have coaches (and I now speak generally), who literally raise champions from the scratch and those who work with refined athletes already. That doesn't mean they do not do well, but it's still slightly different, like when a team buys top football player(s). Once again a reminiscence to wild 90s¨. At that time many new businessmen, who were fans of football/hockey, just bought local clubs playinf some third rate competition and attracted good players. Voilá, new contender for the title of the supreme league was on the scene. Though usually it didn't ended well. For several years there were results, victories and eventually some titles as well, but then he bussinessman run out of the money and the club was back where it was before, just now with the giant debts.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I read some posts in which those who wrote them said that Evgheni is nothing, that his coaching is 0, that Evgheni only means money. As a Plushy fan, it hurt and saddened me. Even if he doesn't know anything about coaching (which is nonsense) it is enough for Evgheni to show the girls some of his competitions. I think if Sasha and the other girls learned a little from Plushy's art, they would be the first in the world. Please look ..

have you ever seen such a beautiful triple axel? Have you ever seen so much love for the public and vice versa? Look to the end!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8wUmMKqhnf/ Have you seen such dedication and involvement? I do not! But I am subjective ....
Evgheni when he's on the ice, most viewers see a superstar ... That's what girls need to learn ... courage, confidence, to make the audience love them. I trust Evgheni Viktorovich Plusenko!

Trusova and her parents could see this in last year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4sxbyDGUqk&t=4m10s

Amei

Record Breaker

Yep, that got brought up about Trusova when she moved to Plushenko before Kostornaia did was that she went from being the top prospect of the 3 and the season was talked about not if she would win but by how much would she win; when the season happened though she was unable to beat 2 of her rinkmates

McBibus

On the Ice

The quality of a coach is a reflection of it's student results.
Not enough for him to be compared to Eteri or Mishin.
Time will tell.

Next year will be a 1st big test with 2 superstars that just need refining.
Another steps will be bringing someone previously unknown to the top of the world.

Finley

Record Breaker

No matter what, Evgeni is not, and never will be, nothing. He has proved himself as a skater and a competitor. That can never be taken away. Just because he hasn't proved himself yet as a top level coach doesn't mean he won't. That will take time. Even Mishin had to become Mishin. (I chose his name at random not as the 'gold' standard.)

For me personally, it's just worth noting that Evgeny now has the 'keys to the kingdom' and it remains to be seen what he will do with them. For the sake of the skaters I hope it all works out.

This is just my opinion - the money aspect of it all is worth discussing. This season is still up in the air. Beijing is not a certainty. Ice shows are not a certainty. International travel isn't guaranteed if the pandemic gets worse. I hope all of these skaters are able to secure their futures financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.