Alexander Petrov | Page 119 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

adelia

Record Breaker
So many videos - and to think we feared we mightn't get any!

(Thank you to all the uploaders!)
IKR. But it usually isn't like this for the Cup of SPB. I guess maybe because so many national team members (almost all the SPB-based national team members) are publicly debuting their programs at this competition, both seniors and juniors. So it's suddenly receiving more attention.

adelia

Record Breaker
His SP music can actually be heard in one of PJ Kwong's videos from the Guelph training camp. The video was of Sandhu doing choreo for Gumennik but Sasha can be seen in the background doing his stsq. Unfortunately Shazam and other apps I used had not been able to identify the music for me because the clip was too short (just 4 seconds) and I'm not familiar with Falla's work so it did not immediately occur to me what the music was. Last season, his FS music was also leaked in a similar manner in Diana's video clip on instagram. Also the stsq portion.

So we should know what to look out for in future seasons to come.

adelia

Record Breaker
Mens freeskate is underway, almost done with the first group.

Edit:
There was a stream earlier, set up by Figureskater TV but the quality was poor and after a short while it stopped working.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
Second guy in group two skating now. Very soon it will be Sasha's turn.

Edit:
Nothing uploaded online yet.

Edit2:
Oh, the person who uploaded those vids onto instagram is skipping the mens comp it seems. Oh well. We'll just have to wait for others then. Pity.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
There's no talk about what the skaters are wearing so maybe his FS costume isn't ready yet? We shall see.

adelia

Record Breaker
Sasha's layout:
4T, 3A, 3A-2T, 3lz-3T, 3F-1Lo-3S, 3Lz, 3Lo, 2A.

He tripled or doubled the quad (I don't know which one, they just said "butterly") and stepout on the first 3A. The rest seems to be okay.

Total score 224.59 and he moves one place up to second. Congrats on improving on your placement Sasha! Sasha also won the freeskate (if my maths is correct)! Woohoo!
Very good form for this early in the season. :hap10:

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, the suspense... Thanks for keeping us updated, adelia!

ETA - I typed this before the above post had been posted.:)

Yay, for Sasha!

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
Oh, the suspense... Thanks for keeping us updated, adelia!

ETA - I typed this before the above post had been posted.:)

Yay, for Sasha!
I'm not sure if it was 3lz-3t that he did or 3lz-2t. It was reported on FSO as 3lz-3t though so I'll just leave it as that.

adelia

Record Breaker
Since SP score was reportedly 70.60, FS score should be 153.99 based on the reported total on FSO. Not bad for this point in the season, bearing in mind of course that this is a domestic competition and internationally, it would probably be a few points lower. But he's in good shape it seems.

adelia

Record Breaker
I hope there'll be some word on what the music was...
So far no word. Anyway sometimes the people on FSO probably wouldn't know. They read GS or FSU to find out the music choices of some of the men (including Sasha) yesterday.

adelia

Record Breaker
It looks like something he could have choreographed himself, to be very honest. Anyway, we shall see. As long as he lands his jumps, he should be fine.

Edit:
Maybe it looks better from the front angle, since this was taken facing his back.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
I think this will be very good!!!!:thumbsup:
It needs a lot of work. Not enough transitions and that stsq is not complicated enough.

But Sasha's skating has definitely improved. Edge control, gliding, so smooth. You can hear the lovely sounds his blades make on the ice in the video. Really cool.

Skater01

On the Ice
It is as I thought, Sinatra. My Kind of Town.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCimppKuPsE
Well, the costume looks great.

It has a lot of potential. The coreo needs some work still, maybe a bit more transitions wouldn't hurt.
I like the costume, music is nice.

But most importantly, now we saw that even if the beginning doesn't work out, he can still keep it together (I was a bit worried about that to be honest). AND the spins were a bit better today.

adelia

Record Breaker
It has a lot of potential. The coreo needs some work still, maybe a bit more transitions wouldn't hurt.

But most importantly, now we saw that even if the beginning doesn't work out, he can still keep it together (I was a bit worried about that to be honest). AND the spins were a bit better today.
He is in very good shape. I've never seen him in such good condition at the start of the season.

adelia

Record Breaker

Regarding the spins, I think the instagram video was a bit deceiving. The spins looked better on the HD video. Although that last combo spin in the SP does need some work.