Alexandra Trusova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
broadcast recording
probably needs to be opened in Youtube proper due to some restriction

fancam recording

ouch, it even hurts when I see her crumbling like that, yet Aleksandra continued and fought for her routine, trying to deliver it to her maximum

Last edited:

Fluture

You will see her in a crown
Record Breaker
She‘ll get the 3A next time. It’s obviously the hardest jump for her, even though she does it beautifully in training. Once she gets over that mental block, it will be as consistent as her quads because she CAN do it. It’s “just“ a question of hesitation, a hurdle to overcome. Tomorrow will be her day, her gold. Good luck on the quads - and please land the 3Lz+3Lo this time :pray:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Some photos with Aleksandra from today's short program:

She should be invited as a RiSport ambassador, for their boots are fit for this formidable jumper

Vemvane

On the Ice
A pretty good skate, overall, today, I think! She is really working on her ability to perform to this sort of music, and it is paying off. But please, Sasha, don't scare me like that with your next 3A in competition. Watching her spin around like that on landing, I had my heart in my mouth.

Official ISU video of Sasha's SP:

And some photos:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH1ChlzJrxx/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH1COfGJl-n/

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
IMO, she should have attempted a 2A instead of the 3A, for she slipped a bit on the take-off. I hope next time she can handle these changing situations at competitions more tactfully. Overall, it's a very nice performance. (y)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Aleksandra's interview from yesterday:

Some Kiss&Cry scenes at the end of this clip:

Last edited:

McBibus

On the Ice
What's with Sasha and her 3A? It was not even a real try: if was a shy try ended up in something between a 2A and a 3A.
Her body can do it. Can her mind?
This tendency really start to worry me.
I hoped last year could be the exception of non delivering, but she couls overcome this empass.
Please do not prove me wrong supergirl.

P.S. I posted this in another forum, but i would like the opinion of this group. I'm really fearing she would continue to not express her full potential.

P.S#2: The new dress is 🔥

Idiote

Spectator
What's with Sasha and her 3A? It was not even a real try: if was a shy try ended up in something between a 2A and a 3A.
Her body can do it. Can her mind?
This tendency really start to worry me.
I hoped last year could be the exception of non delivering, but she couls overcome this empass.
Please do not prove me wrong supergirl.

P.S. I posted this in another forum, but i would like the opinion of this group. I'm really fearing she would continue to not express her full potential.

P.S#2: The new dress is 🔥
To me, I think that the problem with being such a trailblazer and incredibly talented athlete as she is, is that the only real enemy you have is yourself. Nobody questions if she can land the 3A or her entire quad arsenal - of course she physically can. Physicality is not the only aspect of the sport, psyche is too and so far it's proven to be her only real weakness (since she's made tons of progress in her artistry). The pressure that's on her after her successful junior seasons and a not-so-good (for russian standards) first senior outing might not have helped. It's hard to say where does this lack of confidence comes from with her, we can't see what goes on inside her head ; but I do feel like training with Plushenko has helped her so far, and of course her willpower is unbelievable - she always goes for it no matter what.

I think she's on her way to get that 3A beautiful and secure, it's just a process that requires patience and stumbles along the road. One thing's for sure : when her nerves stop getting in the way, the Russian Rocket will be launched in the stratosphere, with only a very very few who might still dream of reached her level 🚀

For now I'm crossing my fingers for her to go slay everyone with her great program and amazing new dress ; the biggest confidence boost she can have is to finally skate a free program clean, and it's all I wish for her to be happy 💜

Magill

On the Ice
Just to break this terribe silence here:
Dear Sashyula, it has been hard for all us but we must remember you are the one who probably took it hardest. Please, don't. Please don't you doubt yourself. You are still the Quad Queen, no matter what. It's just been a bad day, and as any queen can tell you, everyone is entitled to bad days and everyone has them, even queens. We're all human, in spite of what some people might have told you. It's gonna get better. It always does.
OTOH, if it was to ever happen, maybe today was the best day to have it happen. Now we all have it behind us and we may look forward to brighter days. You have a lot of time to get over it and come back to your usual royal quadly self. And when you come out to the ice again, we will surely root for you as strong as ever.