Alexandra Trusova | Page 180 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Ella339

On the Ice
"Are. you. kidding me!" was pretty much my reaction as well. She was AMAZING. And I couldn't even really focus on the program, but I think I like it too. Need to rewatch!

And I really liked the SP as well.

Now, if I can just nitpick one small thing: I really dislike the way she salutes when she comes onto the ice and the way she "falls" into her bows after her program. It makes her look stiff-shouldered, rough and much younger than she really is. It's been bothering me forever, so I'm writing it here today, in the hope that the wind will carry it all the way to her 😇 so she can look as amazing as she is the whole way through!

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
My face after that performance...

d2ef2de17b077420d0120bd6f4c505f0.jpeg

All hail the Queen of Quads!!!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
So glad that Sasha has two programmes this season that work with her intensity and power. May the rest of the season only be better than test skates!

I think after years of trials and errors, they finally managed to hit the nail on head with her programs. Both are the best she ever skated. The first one is feminine, yet it’s powerful. Second one matches well to 5 quads, they don’t feel out of place and it feels organic.
Im so glad her dream of doing 5 quads finally came true!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
That was incredible. She had the best set of programs among all the women at test skates, for me (though there were others I liked). They really suit her. The SP shows how she can perform, and the FS music is fun, dynamic and should work well even when she's focused on the jumps.

Really hoping to see her at the Olympics.

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sasha has another dog!

(What new skill has she unlocked this time?)

Is her new dog a toy poodle? 😲 I think it's not coincidence she has a large poodle like Makkachin and is now gifted a maybe toy poodle like Vicchan just like in Yuri on Ice!!!

That was incredible. She had the best set of programs among all the women at test skates, for me (though there were others I liked). They really suit her. The SP shows how she can perform, and the FS music is fun, dynamic and should work well even when she's focused on the jumps.

Really hoping to see her at the Olympics.
It's a welcomed surprise both programs suit her. I really want her to get the 3A! :pray:

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I could not believe there were five quads in her free skate until I rewatched it because her landings were so smooth. Trusova has had a four-quad performance at the Japan Open in her senior debut season, scoring 160.53. However, she struggled to repeat it afterwards. It remains to be seen how well she can cope with the new free program in the upcoming season. But even with three clean quads, she can be ahead of other skaters in any competitions, which is what her team expects from her.

Last edited: