Alexandra Trusova | Page 155 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Arbitrary

Medalist
Scanning some Russian press and forums I discovered some very interesting think. Many haters just point out to Sasha's dress [sort of] issues.
Certain are even asking what is a problem with her legs? Why she has to cover her legs with those stockings? Etc.

I see it as a kind of progress good for Sasha. Haters have less topics for noise and switched to some indirect issues.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Certain are even asking what is a problem with her legs? Why she has to cover her legs with those stockings? Etc.
Is that a hater comment though?
This is exactly what that designer said, which I felt like was inappropriate. She said that Sasha wanted shorter skirt so that it won't affect her jumps, but then people around her insisted to keep a longer skirt to "cover up" her legs, which were apparently "too muscular" in their opinion.
Hence, I would say those people rightfully pointed out that there's nothing wrong with Sasha's legs, she has the legs that all athletes and figure skaters have, and imo those comments made in press out of all places, shouldn't have been made.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
those with the autograph in gold ink were particularly sought after, a guy did a live stream in the large Dom Knigi searching for the book and bought 5 autographed in gold copies ;-)

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I wonder if Sasha could go to Valeria Shulskaya's dressmaker in future. Shulskaya's costumes this season look really nice and I guess her dressmaker would be alright working with AoP, unlike Olga Ryabenko.
Other nice dresses from AoP skaters this season: Muravieva LP, Konstantinova LP. Sasha could give any one of their dressmakers a call...

Skuratov

On the Ice
I hope she changes her mind and decides go for a trixel in SP and four Quads on FS.
No 4Loop declared :cry:. Well Good luck and clean skating.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope she changes her mind and decides go for a trixel in SP and four Quads on FS.
No 4Loop declared :cry:. Well Good luck and clean skating.

I guess it depends...perhaps Sasha and her team are worried about what will happen if Sasha ends up with the silver or bronze? Both Anna and Aliona get big GOEs so maybe Sasha is going to try and get big GOEs too by only doing her best jumps?

Although apparently skaters don't need to follow their planned layouts so perhaps this is to keep the competition guessing? "Which jumps will she do?" will keep everyone on their toes :biggrin:

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Sasha is definitely going for 4 quads. At yesterday's training session, she did 4T-o-3S. This corresponds to the layout from the last start of the Russian Cup. Perhaps it will make 4Lo instead of 4S, if it is ready. I wonder if the 3Lo cascade will continue.

neusw

On the Ice
I really doubt the layouts are accurate. From what I remember, skaters have to submit layouts way ahead of time, and we all now how frequently Sasha likes to change layouts throughout the season.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
With the unfortunate news about Anna S needing to withdraw from Rostelecom I wonder if this will change Sasha's strategy, if at all.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Are you denying Edwin hates Plushenko more than I hate Tatiana Tarasova? It's off topic, but they've accused him of everything from bribing officials to being a member of the Mafia.

This is Sasha's fanfest, why bring up how "apparently" incompetent her dress designer is if not to stir up dislike of her coaching team? None of us are going to blame Sasha for this are we? So clearly it's Plushenko's fault, or perhaps Sasha's parents - Edwin hates them too.
Edwin is clearly biased against Plushenko and it was not about Edwin, it is about you turning every single thing ever said to be pro or against Plushenko, but it turns out not everything in this world is about Plushenko/Eteri beef, no matter how much you try and make it to, sometimes it's about Sasha.
I purposefully tried to NOT mention anything to make it anywhere near Plushenko, because I expected that people like you would be turning every productive conversation into another coach drama.
The comments of the designer were inappropriate no matter how you put it (who the hell comments on the size of teenagers' bra cup and thighs IN PRESS INTERVIEW?), and I am not going to stay blind to it, because I want to cheer no matter what. Some things cross lines, and it's your choice to ignore them in order to continue glorifying Plushenko. Feels like there are some people who love Plushenko more than they do Sasha, and that everything related to Sasha doesn't matter to them anymore.

btw, the person who advised this designer is Viktoria Sinitsyna apparently.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Edwin is clearly biased and it was not about Edwin, it is about you turning every single thing ever said to be pro or against Plishenko, but it turns out not everything in this world is about Plsuhenko/Eteri beef, no matter how much you try and make it to, sometimes it's about Sasha.
I purposefully tried to NOT mention anything to make it anywhere near Plushenko, because I expected that people like you would be turning every productive conversation into another coach drama.
I apologise for bringing up Plushenko, but it's impossible for me to look at anything Edwin posts without seeing an ulterior motive, you've seen for yourself how they twist everything, the day they post something positive about Sasha's new coaching team (without adding a nasty little comment) is the day I'll eat my hat.

I also failed to see how the article was in any way productive? Either you like the dress or you hate the dress, finding out that the designer has no filter when it comes to giving an interview has no impact on that. What else can be said? Don't use the designer again? Blacklist them? If you want to do the latter you'll need to take it further than Sasha's fan fest thread.
btw, the person who advised this designer is Viktoria Sinitsyna apparently.
Right and that helps the discussion how? Is Viktoria now trying to sabotage Sasha by advising her to use this designer? Are we to demand an apology from her?

I'll admit it's not Edwin's fault someone wrote an article about this, whoever wrote it though must have had time on their hands because it's a pretty useless article, although I suppose it might have buried the designer's career in making figure skating dresses.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
With the withdrawal of Shcherbakova increase the chances of Aleksandra winning Rostelekom, which might allow her team to go for a more riskier layout.

It increases the interesting in what Aleksandra will perform from her arsenal of jumps.

eliana

On the Ice
With the unfortunate news about Anna S needing to withdraw from Rostelecom I wonder if this will change Sasha's strategy, if at all.
Woww! Is Anna retiring? I'm really sorry ... I would have liked a beautiful competition between the best women in skating.
Is this virus to blame? I know that Veronika had it a few weeks before the competition.