Alina Gorbacheva missing - found safe | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alina Gorbacheva missing - found safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

uwoawuwoa

On the Ice
UPDATE FROM TEAMTUBERITZEE ON TELEGRAM ABOUT ALINA:
"The missing figure skater Alina Gorbacheva was caught on several cameras today during the day. Around 1 pm she sits in a cafe, alive and unharmed. Previously, Alina knows that they are looking for her, and she is afraid to return home. The police and volunteers of the national children's center are connected to her search."

JimR

On the Ice
Maybe physically, but i don't think an elite level athlete can go missing to the extent the police get involved and everything is "fine".

Yeah, I think Fedchenko's methods get investigated now. It was all rather bizarre she basically adopted a 9 year old at age 20. What would she know about raising a child (or coaching for that matter)?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
UPDATE FROM TEAMTUBERITZEE ON TELEGRAM ABOUT ALINA:
"The missing figure skater Alina Gorbacheva was caught on several cameras today during the day. Around 1 pm she sits in a cafe, alive and unharmed. Previously, Alina knows that they are looking for her, and she is afraid to return home. The police and volunteers of the national children's center are connected to her search."
Good news! I hope she makes it back home safe and well, and that her needs are seen to. I hope the adults in her life make her understand she has nothing to fear from any of them, if that was the case. Who cares about skating, it's the well-being of a person, let alone a minor, that's paramount.

Amei

Record Breaker
We can't know what happened, perhaps the cause is the teenager's personal age crisis. But what's certain is that all the adults around her are about to be punished.

I wouldn't jump automatically to 'punished' but hopefully there's a child advocate (is there a government agency or nonprofit organization?) unaffiliated to her coach and her parents that can talk to her and get an understanding of her situation and make sure she's okay and safe.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Also, it‘s almost 7 PM in Moscow right now - it’s been almost a day.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am thankful that Alina is physically well.

I do not know what the good of speculating about "why" will do to help now.

I do hope that she is safe both physically and mentally, and any help that she and the people around her need is provided.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Also, I’ve read from other sources that Alina may have been carrying around $200 USD on her at the time, which as said sources have pointed out, is more than most people typically keep in their wallet on a daily basis.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I wouldn't jump automatically to 'punished' but hopefully there's a child advocate (is there a government agency or nonprofit organization?) unaffiliated to her coach and her parents that can talk to her and get an understanding of her situation and make sure she's okay and safe.
I have experience of working in pre-school organizations, I have had to deal with different situations involving children. I know for a fact that in Russia, each child is the responsibility of a big structure of adults who ensure that his or her rights are respected. Let's say you beat your wife, then make up with her, and she withdraws her statement from the court. But if you beat your child, no one even has to file a police report, the police will come to you and there is no way to drop the charges because of the reconciliation.

My friend had a case when her 17-year-old daughter stayed longer than usual at a friend's house. She got scared and called the police. The daughter returned a few hours later, the statement was withdrawn, but still mother and daughter were invited to the police for an interview. In this case, however, I don't even doubt that all the adults will be in trouble, starting with a detailed interview with a juvenile officer at the police station. Especially since there is already a criminal case, it can't be completed without reason.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I thought the worst had happened and Alina was gone for good. I was pleasantly surprised to see pictures of her on cctv. I don't know what has happened but I sure hope she gets the counseling she needs.

I've had people from Russia and Europe tell me it's normal for a 16 year old girl to walk around alone at times. Being an American I found that shocking. Especially for this known athlete in a city of over 10 million people.

Russia really needs to get on the ball as do many countries I'm sure with providing counseling of sorts for younger athletes. If maybe the retired figure skaters in Russia can help out some of these kids. Who knows caused this for her.

The Russian coaches telling the kids when I was a young athlete I had it much tougher than you did from coaches. That's not going to work anymore in the social media world not even in Russia. Get these kids some people they can talk to outside of their parents or their coaches. Is poor Alina I hope she's okay.

Doesn't she have quads and real ability?

Was there anyone in Russia to help Kamila when she was going through her issues? Even before the Olympics when puberty was hitting her and maybe everything got a little bit tougher at the same time. She grew a lot that year and had difficult routines to skate to. Many of the young athletes feel alone.

I hope Alina is okay and goes to the authorities soon. I hope they are OK to her but they have to be angry because they used manpower to try to find her thinking the worst had happened.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I have experience of working in pre-school organizations, I have had to deal with different situations involving children. I know for a fact that in Russia, each child is the responsibility of a big structure of adults who ensure that his or her rights are respected. Let's say you beat your wife, then make up with her, and she withdraws her statement from the court. But if you beat your child, no one even has to file a police report, the police will come to you and there is no way to drop the charges because of the reconciliation.

My friend had a case when her 17-year-old daughter stayed longer than usual at a friend's house. She got scared and called the police. The daughter returned a few hours later, the statement was withdrawn, but still mother and daughter were invited to the police for an interview. In this case, however, I don't even doubt that all the adults will be in trouble, starting with a detailed interview with a juvenile officer at the police station. Especially since there is already a criminal case, it can't be completed without reason.

Thanks for the explanation. I hope Alina is found soon. Even if she were out there of her own free will, it's super dangerous for a 16-yo. girl to do, especially overnight. Hopefully, people all over the city are looking out for her. Fingers crossed.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Also, I’ve read from other sources that Alina may have been carrying around $200 USD on her at the time, which as said sources have pointed out, is more than most people typically keep in their wallet on a daily basis.
That's a lot of rubles. A young girl walking alone late in the day is a target for a lot.

I hope Alina reunites with her family soon as in today. Figure skating seems irrelevant now.

Caliban

On the Ice
Opera__2023-08-29_213056_translate.yandex.ru.png

Alina is found, official information

Status
Not open for further replies.