Alina Gorbacheva missing - found safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
MOSCOW, August 29 - RIA Novosti, Oleg Bogatov. Russian junior champion figure skater Alina Gorbacheva has disappeared in Moscow, the athlete's mother Ekaterina told RIA Novosti.

"There is no information on Alina yet. We are looking for, there are only recordings from cameras, as she entered the park, nothing else. Now came the cynologist with a dog, will look for. But it's been a long time," - said the mother of the figure skater.

On Monday, the 16-year-old figure skater left the skating rink at the "Chkalov Arena" and went in the direction of St. Vladimir's Church. The last time the cameras recorded Gorbacheva at the address Volokolamskoye highway, possession 67.
In February 2023, the figure skater won the Junior Russian Championship in Perm.

link

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Unfortunately, it no longer feels like a prank or a bad joke. The police and volunteers are involved in the search. Alina's personal belongings were found on the waterfront. I really hope it's just an unauthorized escape to a friend's house or something. Alina, we all love you and are waiting for you at home!

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
This is just awful. I was truly hoping this it was a teenage rebellion and she would return home soon. Now that her belongings were found near water, im honestly terrified for her. Im praying she will be found unharmed and well.
She could have left her belongings and gone in a different direction, if she fell into the water it would surely be noticed.

Everyone here is very worried. Full of conflicting information, we'll wait for official statements.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Some Telegram channels write that Alina had a conflict with her coach recently. This is also unverified information, but in any case, it makes me think about her escape, which makes me feel a little better.

JimR

On the Ice
It said 7pm last night so it would be close to 17 hours since she left and her belongings have been abandoned. The Moscow temperature is 16 degrees, 12 minimum so it would become very cold for a young girl exposed to the elements with presumably no shelter. I fear the worst. So tragic.

Edit. I see that the embankment was only 8 minutes away. I thought it must have been some remote area she was in. It looks like a rough industrial area in Google Maps. Maybe an abduction.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It said 7pm last night so it would be close to 17 hours since she left and her belongings have been abandoned. The Moscow temperature is 16 degrees, 12 minimum so it would become very cold for a young girl exposed to the elements with presumably no shelter. I fear the worst. So tragic.
Let's not assume the worst just yet. She could have spent the night at a friend's house, taken a train ticket and gone to her father's or grandmother's house. Teenagers do weird things

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Let's not assume the worst just yet. She could have spent the night at a friend's house, taken a train ticket and gone to her father's or grandmother's house. Teenagers do weird things
She could have, but the park has security cameras and from what I understand she was filmed on her way into the park, but there were no cameras that filmed her leaving the park again. Plus, she apparently left a relatively large sum of money with her abandoned belongings.

I hope she's okay, and that she truly just spent her night somewhere else, or just got lost and will be found safe and sound, but it's unfortunately not looking like the most likely option currently.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
She could have, but the park has security cameras and from what I understand she was filmed on her way into the park, but there were no cameras that filmed her leaving the park again. Plus, she apparently left a relatively large sum of money with her abandoned belongings.

I hope she's okay, and that she truly just spent her night somewhere else, or just got lost and will be found safe and sound, but it's unfortunately not looking like the most likely option currently.
So a robbery is also out of the question if everything was found including money and electronics. That leaves some grim possibilities open. Even if she could have maybe somehow gone to family or friends without being spotted in any of the surveillance cameras wouldn't they at this point contact the mom as police are getting involved.

Does anyone know how big is this park is exactly and what kind of river is it?

JimR

On the Ice

It points to something tragic possibly sinister as well. I don't think abduction can be discounted figure skating attracts some crazy fans more so than other sports I follow (I talked about this in another thread when discussing Valieva's issue). The skaters allow a lot of fan access, accept all kinds of gifts, the skaters have national profiles in what is a major sport, yet go about their lives quite innocently. It's kind of a desolate area around the arena. The sun does not set until 7:30pm so maybe she had a routine of a walk after training in the evening, her movements had been monitored.

It would be very rash to just wait for training to finish and then jump into the river (maybe she can't swim so chose to jump knowingly), this is so bizarre. Maybe she was walking on a ledge and fell it was all an accident.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
It points to something tragic or sinister. I don't think abduction can be discounted figure skating attracts some crazy fans more so than other sports I follow (I talked about this in another thread when discussing Valieva's issue). The skaters allow a lot of fan access, accept all kinds of gifts, the skaters have national profiles in what is a major sport, yet go about their lives quite innocently. It's kind of a desolate area around the arena. The sun does not set until 7:30pm so maybe she had a routine of a walk after training in the evening, her movements had been monitored.

It would be very rash to just wait for training to finish and then jump into the river, this is so bizarre. Maybe she was walking on a ledge and fell it was all an accident.
Apparently, there've been some rink mates of hers who say that there was a suspicious man hanging out around the rink in the past few days.

But as a reminder (to everyone, including myself), there are some contradicting and unverified stories going around. Everything could be true, and everything could be false.

While it was originally reported that her belongings included her backpack, money and her smartphone, there are some reports now that are saying that they only found her socks. Until the police makes an official statement, take everything seriously, but with a grain of salt.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Of course I'm wondering and hoping and speculating inside my head, too, but in such cases there are often all kinds of rumours and stories which can go on for quite a long time until it turns out most of it is complete nonsense.
A friend's teenage daughter also recently went missing and I was already sure something serious had happened, because there seemed no plausible explanation and the girl was usually super reliable. It turned out well nonetheless.
So... while I can totally understand we are all trying to make sense of everything and waiting for new infos... basically... we can't possibly know... Hopefully she will just turn up well. :pray:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I sincerely hope this is nothing serious. A post above mentioned that it has been about 17 hours since she first went missing. I also hope there's no ill will sent her way in online posts, this is a teenage girl, and her missing for so long should be more than just about skating.

SonyaB

Spectator
I sincerely hope this is nothing serious. A post above mentioned that it has been about 17 hours since she first went missing. I also hope there's no ill will sent her way in online posts, this is a teenage girl, and her missing for so long should be more than just about skating.
Please don't do this. Who are you trying to blame here? Ukrainian victims?

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Comparitively to western countries kidnappings are extremely rare in Russia. Also, people say the belongings being left behind is suspicious, but what kind of kidnapper would just leave evidence behind like that in the open for no reason? Something about this seems like a culmination of personal trauma, I just hope she doesn't make a poor decision herself that gets her in a bad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.