Alina Zagitova | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
IFS Magazine tweeted that Alina Zagitova confirmed she is moving on from the junior ranks and heading into seniors next season. Medvedeva and Zagitova would almost certainly have spots in the Olympic team. The rivalry with Marin Honda would be taken to the next level as well.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
IFS Magazine tweeted that Alina Zagitova confirmed she is moving on from the junior ranks and heading into seniors next season. Medvedeva and Zagitova would almost certainly have spots in the Olympic team. The rivalry with Marin Honda would be taken to the next level as well.

isn't that what we thought last year about Tsurskaya? That she will certainly have one Olympic spot? Maybe best don't count our chicken until the season starts and we see them skating after the summer.

Sam L

Medalist
I don't want to make any predictions for Alina. I just wish her the best of luck for next season and I can't wait to see her skate live. Team Zagitova! :D

Sam L

Medalist
Alina was live on Instagram the other day again, does anyone know what the video was about? I was hoping it'd be news about her programs. I couldn't watch it because I was about to go on the ice LOL

The Finn

Record Breaker
If Alina is as good shape as she was this season she should make it to the GP Final and even winning both her events wouldn't be surprising.

Sam L

Medalist
Yes she should win both her GP events. Interesting she doesn't get Medvedeva in either.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
I just wonder, is any way to teach non-russian tv-commentators to pronounce her surname correctly?

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
Interesting she doesn't get Medvedeva in either.

It's not surprising. You can see that Anna P, Evgenia and Alina got different GP assignments. I'm sure it was done on purpose to maximize their chances for GPF... Of course it's just my opinion.

moriel

Record Breaker
It's not surprising. You can see that Anna P, Evgenia and Alina got different GP assignments. I'm sure it was done on purpose to maximize their chances for GPF... Of course it's just my opinion.

Yup its pretty clear russian fed did their best to not stack their strongest competitors on same events.
Not having same GPs as Med is a major increase on Alina's GPF chances. After all, 2 golds is better than 2 silvers.

Pracygr

On the Ice
I just wonder, is any way to teach non-russian tv-commentators to pronounce her surname correctly?
Pretty sure Johnny and NBC crew will be pronouncing it properly from day 1. As for the rest of commentators, I wouldn't get my hopes up, but then again misplaced emphasis is not that big of a mispronunciation.

moriel

Record Breaker
Pretty sure Johnny and NBC crew will be pronouncing it properly from day 1. As for the rest of commentators, I wouldn't get my hopes up, but then again misplaced emphasis is not that big of a mispronunciation.

Yup, her name i actually quite well pronounced, compared to some other skaters. Its not anywhere close to how people butcher Tuktik's name, for example =)

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight

1. who is Johnny? (a link to video to listen his version)
2. Mmmm... It's extremely annoying, to be honest

Pracygr

On the Ice
Johnny Weir, he's commentating during majority of NBC broadcasts. I don't think I can find a video link (there should be plenty once Alina starts competing in seniors), but then again I've never heard him pronouncing a Russian name any other way than perfect, so there's that.

ejnsofi

Final Flight

I think Johnny means Johnny Weir. He comments for NBC and speaks Russian fluently.
I agree that misplaces emphasis might be annoying but no one is perfect. Tarasova basically pronounces all names with heavy accent and it isn't really big problem. Mispronouncing is the other thing. I still remember my facepalm when they mispronounced Med's surname in Boston last year :palmf: