Alina Zagitova | Page 1146 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist

From Dmitry Yermak, main lead in the Russian POTO musical:
"Guys, my mission has been accomplished))) An in-person acquaintance took place ... I admitted that I'm Alina's main fan, and it turned out that Alina knows me from "The Phantom of the Opera" that she watched when she was preparing her short program last season, and my son now has photo with the Olympic Champion !!!"
⁣⁣⁣⁣Video of Dmitry fanboying over Alina is the last one in the reel above 😂

Last edited:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

From Dmitry Yermak, main lead in the Russian POTO musical:
"Guys, my mission has been accomplished))) An in-person acquaintance took place ... I admitted that I'm Alina's main fan, and it turned out that Alina knows me from "The Phantom of the Opera" that she watched when she was preparing her short program last season, and my son now has photo with the Olympic Champion !!!"
⁣⁣⁣⁣Video of Dmitry fanboying over Alina is the last one in the reel above 😂

Hahahhaha, Dmitry is a true Zagifan! :biggrin: I guess we all watched Worlds with similar emotions!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Short snip of what Alina said: Don't worry for me, everything's good. <...> I'm always keeping a good shape to be ready-to-go in any moment. I'm not forcing myself to go to training sessions (meaning she's enjoying them). I don't know what I would do without figure skating. That's why I'm always learning something new, me and my coaches are trying new different things.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Olympic champion in figure skating Alina Zagitova talked about how she is coping with the role of the host of the Ice Age show:
“In training it is difficult physically, but here it is morally difficult. Difficult everywhere in its own way.

This is a new experience for me and in general a completely different role. I'm not here as an athlete, but as a presenter. When you get into something new, you always start to worry more. But I think that gradually this anxiety will go away and in the end it will not be there at all.

I wake up at eight o'clock, apply some face masks, do some facial massages. If I have time, then I also go for a run. I come to the studio first, because they do my makeup, and it takes quite some time. I ask all the contestants about what has happened during this week. Then I look at the texts and read them.

I am a perfectionist and I love it when everything goes on schedule and clear cut. I try to do everything well, to the maximum.

It's interesting because you watch people, you look at their reactions, and they support you in return, just like in competitions.

Of course, I've gained more and now experience, I already more or less know everyone, it's much easier to interview others now. Now everything is interesting to me, I am like a curious cat: I ask everyone everything. It seems to me that I've even bugged the hell of everyone a little bit, tired. But this is my job now.

Don't worry about me, I'm fine. Now I enjoy life, just as I did before, only now I have something else besides figure skating.

On Mondays I go to the university, then I go to trainings and train until the evening. And if there is no study, then the schedule is usual - from nine to seven in the evening I am at the rink. Nothing has changed for me, I just add something new. I develop not only in sports. But I want to keep fit so that I can be ready at any time. I do not force myself to go training.

Figure skating is my life. Without this, I don't know what I would do at all. Therefore, now I am learning something new, with the coaches we find all sorts of tricks. Trying to take on everything I can. It's difficult, because after training you still have to go somewhere else, but I like the variety - there is no house-ice rink-house routine."

Chinrosy

Rinkside
Olympic champion in figure skating Alina Zagitova talked about how she is coping with the role of the host of the Ice Age show:
Me after reading the translation:
:clap::popcorn::scratch2::bang::coffee:

Alina always makes people expect more. I have to warn myself, be patient, once she's ready, she may surprise everyone because she's a perfectionist.:bed:

As for her make-up in the show...OMG... Shiseido,your girl NEEDS YOU!!! :palmf:

Last edited:

Finley

Record Breaker
Hahahhaha, Dmitry is a true Zagifan! :biggrin: I guess we all watched Worlds with similar emotions!
Bringing this back from Dmitry's IG all the way from December 2019. He was as heartbroken as any of us when she took a break from competition and worried that she wouldn't come back. He even said he wanted to be her partner on Ice Age someday! (I hope it happens. :) No-one deserves it more!) Now it's almost a year later. Everything changes. The world is even different. Competitions are different and uncertain. Alina is healthy, happy and radiant. And most important she seems peace with her decisions. I like seeing her focused on making a life for herself beyond skating while not letting go of skating.

These words still touch my heart. Seeing their photo together today was like seeing the happy ending to this sweet fan story.

Eh ... "there will be no more night music" ....

I was her most fan ... Rarely are the "guys" rooting for women's figure skating ... This girl motivated me, was ill with all her soul and ... My heart is broken ... Beautiful from head to toe ... The only one who has all the titles in this sport ... 17 years old ... she is suspending her career ... and what should I do now? Who to root for? ... for myself, probably ... today I will go to the rink and start jumping axels ... from despair.

I hope you come back ... but something tells me that show business will drag on ... Maybe that's true. You've been in history for decades ...

P.S @azagitova I will be glad to see you at our performances .... and the coolest thing is to sing the Ghost in one of the shows for your skating)))))

Oh ... no, I will bring my skate level up ... and we will become a pair in the "Ice Age" .... if you're lucky, because there will be a gladiatorial slaughter for you)))

#DmitryErmak #Alinaazagitova #figure skating #thephantonoftheopera
41w