Alla Loboda & Pavel Drozd | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alla Loboda & Pavel Drozd

sneakers

Match Penalty
They did seriously better than at Saransk where their score was a bit too high. Home judging and all that... Congratulations :)

they are kind of sloppy though, I do worry how they will transition into seniors.... like Mcnmara / Crapenter they have regressed.
they do not have the fast skating skills of Carreira / Ponomarenko or the lightness of Shipivelyeva / Smirnov.

the last time a russian ice dance junior did ok transitioning in seniors have been Stepnova / Bukin.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Second place overall, but I'd say beating M/C is good prognostic :) And I love Pavel :luv17:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Despite the great score they got, not for a second did I thought it would have been enough for win because it was going to be a tight competition and at the current geopolitical situation the judges will find the non-Russian team to be the winner. It was the same at the JGPF, and many other events. Nowdays it is pretty much an unwritten rule and totally predictable - if the russian(s) aren't clearly best/better they aren't going to win.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I'm just disappointed. Loboda/Drozd were my favs to win and I was so happy they were leader after SD. Boikova/Kozlovski made some mistakes in their LP and it wasn't perfect so them loosing gold wasn't so painful. But here? Alla and Pavel lost mostly due to PCS (difference in TES was 0.04) and it makes me so bitter.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I'm shocked! A Russian team could never have won with such a botched terrible lift as parsons parsons had. It would have been level 1 or invalidated.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that I have updated the Original Post.

The main thing I did to the first post was to add a competitive history table. And I found something strange.

Alla and Pavel finished first in each segment of the Moscow Championships in February. But, they were not given a position in the overall results (page 75 of this PDF). Instead, Elizaveta Shanaeva and David Narizhny, who were second in each segment, were listed as the winners.

On the fskate.ru page for the event, it had "в/к" beside Alla and Pavel. When making out the table, I guessed that this meant that Alla and Pavel were disqualified.

So, is this right? Were they disqualified? And, if so, does anybody know why?

(Incidentally, it was exactly the same situation for Amina Atakhanova and Ilya Spirodinov in Pairs).

Anyway, as part of the update, I also added three more posts to cater for what Alla and Pavel did before they formed their partnership.

• The second post is for Alla with her previous partner.
  • The third post is for Pavel with his previous partners.
  • The fourth post is for Pavel as a Singles skater.

Alla did not do any competitions as a Singles skater, so that is why she only has one post whereas Pavel has two.

Hope you like it!

CaroLiza_fan

The Finn

Record Breaker
Alla and Pavel finished first in each segment of the Moscow Championships in February. But, they were not given a position in the overall results (page 75 of this PDF). Instead, Elizaveta Shanaeva and David Narizhny, who were second in each segment, were listed as the winners.

On the fskate.ru page for the event, it had "в/к" beside Alla and Pavel. When making out the table, I guessed that this meant that Alla and Pavel were disqualified.

So, is this right? Were they disqualified? And, if so, does anybody know why?

(Incidentally, it was exactly the same situation for Amina Atakhanova and Ilya Spirodinov in Pairs).

I haven't seen any official comments about these things but I have noticed many times that it is somewhat common that every now and then one extra skater/team who is not part of the official competition are allowed to show their programs to the judges and they are scored but as said before they are not part of the official competition. Sometimes their scores can be seen on the scoresheet but they are not given placement. In other times they have been given scores first but then their scores have been deleted completely and afterwards their name appears nowhere even though those whose watched the competition know that they skated at this competition. Sometimes these extra skaters only skate SP/SD but sometimes they skate both competitions. So they weren't disqualified because they never were part of the official competition.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I haven't seen any official comments about these things but I have noticed many times that it is somewhat common that every now and then one extra skater/team who is not part of the official competition are allowed to show their programs to the judges and they are scored but as said before they are not part of the official competition. Sometimes their scores can be seen on the scoresheet but they are not given placement. In other times they have been given scores first but then their scores have been deleted completely and afterwards their name appears nowhere even though those whose watched the competition know that they skated at this competition. Sometimes these extra skaters only skate SP/SD but sometimes they skate both competitions. So they weren't disqualified because they never were part of the official competition.

So, Alla/Pavel and Amina/Ilya were just guest skaters, like we sometimes get in National Championships where foreign skaters take part (e.g. it is common for the odd American to do the French Championships).

You see, with them all being Russians taking part in a competition in Russia, that thought never crossed my mind. But now that you have suggested it, it makes sense (even if I can't understand why they were guests).

Right. In that case, I will replace the "DSQ" that I provisionally put in the table with a "N/A".

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

Ender

Match Penalty
All I want is a huge improvement from her, cause they might make it far if she improves fast.