Alysa Liu | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

skatingiscool

On the Ice
Bradie Tennell 2018: 64.01
Gracie Gold 2014: 68.63
I think Alysa also breaks American women Olympics record (both short and long programs)

Alysa is the only American women constantly score over 200 at senior debut. That's the record too.

Alysa LP score 139 is higher than Mirai Nagasu team event 137

Well done, Alysa!! Very proud of her. :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

skatingiscool

On the Ice
Maybe she is in the place of the host pick? No Chinese woman is invited. :eek:

Asking both Alysa and Vincent may be a nod to their ethnicity?

The Chinese skater (forgot her name) represents China didn't make the cut to Free program. From what i have read from CNN, she is very unpopular in China. They need someone represent USA, I guess that's the reason why Alysa got picked.

Surprised to see Wakaba is not on the list though.

skatingiscool

On the Ice
I’m so proud of my beautiful queen 😭😭she gave it her all, breaking every American record!! On to worlds!😍
Alysa talks about who are her friends (Mariah Bell, Wakaba, Leona, Young You, and Yelim) at Olympics. Alysa doesn't mention Karen at all but they train together in Colorado....hm...... :coffee:....very interesting.

Love Alysa's genuine personality!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I read that she had not planned to be invited to the Gala, so she hadn't prepared a program and a dress. Jean-Luc Baker choreographed it in 2h and someone lent her a dress! It was really well done and she looked so happy, during her program and during the FInale.

skatingiscool

On the Ice
IAM just adopted a baby sister Alysa. Alysa didn't expect she got invited to Gala. She didn't bring the costume. All other ice dancers stepped up by helping to come up with something for gala. Kudo to IAM.

a5vd7eny4xi81.jpg

skatingiscool

On the Ice
Getting famous and become sensation skater overnight. Alysa is the big winner from this olympics.

Alysa just took the internet by storm. There are tons of news about her gala performance in different languages (Spanish, French, South Korean, Japanese...) on the internet.

What's the language? Thai?

dancelion21

On the Ice
IAM just adopted a baby sister Alysa. Alysa didn't expect she got invited to Gala. She didn't bring the costume. All other ice dancers stepped up by helping to come up with something for gala. Kudo to IAM.

a5vd7eny4xi81.jpg
Alysa and Madi Chock were roommates in the Olympic village. Seeing how happy Alysa has been throughout this whole Games has been a major highlight. It's so heartwarming to see IAM adopt in a new baby sister.