Alysa Liu | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:party2: :party: :dance2: :hap93: :dance: :dance3: :hap57:

HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY TO ALYSA! ALL THE BEST FOR A GREAT SEASON!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alysa's Free program from the Aurora Games
https://youtu.be/W7dDtsi1wrw

Looking strong and prepared for the JGP. Ina Bauer into 3F! Wow what a transition!

Thank you. She is amazing. But while most people heap praise on Alysa some people are out to knock her here and on youtube from what I have seen. I hope Alysa is ready for it.

Alysa was amazing. Much more polished than I remember. Two triple axels and a quad lutz at 14. Watch out. I know the top younger Russian girls are really short but they're about 5 ft tall while Alysa is only about 4 feet 7 and I would doubt it if she even got to 4 ft 10 in tall at her tallest. This is such an advantage for Alysa. Kamila I believe 4 feet 11 inches tall and all of 3A are taller than her I believe and probably getting a little bit taller. The reality is the shorter you are the ladies figure skating the better chance you have to use the very unique and tough moves that told the girls can't do as well or as naturally because they're much taller and longer. I'm thinking about Stasya who is about a foot taller than Alysa.

Also how can Alysa compete at the Aurora games? Isn't she age restricted for anything involving seniors?

Nice to see Nancy Kerriigan there too. She sort of disappeared after 1994.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You were in Albany? Competition seemed sooo sslllloowww on TV with endless commercial breaks and intermezzi. How can a person sit through all these when there is nothing going on on the ice?

Was it free (or cheap) entrance?

Ticket prices varied. There were cheap seats and more expensive seats. A little less than ice show prices. Publicity was not as good as it could have been. The weather was early fall perfect, and Albany is deserted on weekends. They didn't promote it heavily enough outside of Albany, I think. The commercial breaks took up a little more time than the normal K&C break. We had commercials on the jumbo tron as well. They were doing interviews with the skaters after their skates while the jumbo tron commercials were on, so we didn't see those. The whole event lasted over 3 hours. Once the TV cameras turned off, Alysa, Ayaka and Ashley skated an exhibition. That ended at 4:30. We found it entertaining and not super slow. We figured that we had watched 15 programs, 7 SPs and 8 FPs in competition, plus the 3 exhibitions, so 18 all together. The skaters did seem to be enjoying it. Alysa did her short as exhibition.We drove 2 hours each way to see it and we weren't sorry. It was a lot of fun. The skaters took the competition part seriously, but maybe without the nerves that accompany ISU comps. This was essentially an exhibition comp. But if they do it again and have good skaters, I would recommend it. The venue staff were very nice and the rink is a good one despite confetti floating down from the rafters. That part of Albany is attractive. Very definitely worth the trip!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I like the choreo changes made in Alysa's Aurora Games FS, some of the recycled choreo (Lori's own choreo for other skater) has been get rid of off:yahoo:. For the same reason that I am glad Alysa used last year's short instead of the new short by Lori.

ETA, just wanna say it out loud again here I really like the peach colored dress for Alysa's senior debut short (last year at Nationals and this year kept the short as well as the dress), especially that "something blue":love:;)

Sensation

On the Ice
Congrats on a great debut. I really enjoyed her FS. Can't wait to see her continue to progress this season.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Alysa had a lovely debut. I am excited to see her skating develop.

gotoschool

Medalist
What an amazing freeskate performance from Alysa Liu! While the excellent height, and beautiful symmetrical rotation on her jumps particularly the triple axel and quad lutz were fabulous, so were her fine skating skills and her subtle combination of sensitivity and power in expression and musicality combined with her fairly erect posture and the artistic flair in her arm extensions upon the completion of her jumps and throughout the performance. She also had impressive flexibility and speed in her sit spin and Biellmann particularly. She combines technical excellence with beautiful expression and execution especially for her young age.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Wheee, Alysa! What a great start to her first junior international season! She has guts & room to grow, and I am excited to watch the journey:).

PekkaRink

Rinkside
Love her personality. How she said that she inspired herself in the interview after she won at Lake Placid 😄

ice coverage

Record Breaker
USFS fan zone feature article published after SP at JGP Lake Placid:

Alysa Liu Looks to Continue Making History in Lake Placid

8/30/2019 10:34:00 PM
by Christie Sausa

https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...o-continue-making-history-in-lake-placid.aspx

ETA:

Congratulations to Alysa for winning her first JGP gold. :yay:

Not to mention making history. :bow:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Love her personality. How she said that she inspired herself in the interview after she won at Lake Placid ��

She seemed well grounded yet quite confident in herself. Just one year of age difference with Valiyeva, and it shows in Alysa's composure.
Also she looks quite sturdy, so will perhaps better cope with the physical strain and inevitable wear and tear of figure skating at the edge of human capability.