Alysa Liu | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

beepboop

On the Ice
Do we know any particular reason why Alysa isn't going to Skate America this year?
I was under impression, the best skaters of the host nation should do it by default?

I'm guessing Bradie got first dibs as national champ, and Amber got to pick second because she was 2nd at nats and was passed over for Worlds. I have no doubt Alysa would've gotten the host spot had she not gotten two other GP assignments on her own, but she did :shrug:

Last edited:

skatingiscool

On the Ice
I'm guessing Bradie got first dibs as national champ, and Amber got to pick second because she was 2nd at nats and was passed over for Worlds. I have no doubt Alysa would've gotten the host spot had she not gotten two other GP assignments on her own, but she did :shrug:
It's ok, dear. :)
I'm sad that Bradie is injured and WD from SA. I enjoy Bradie skating and really hope to see her on Olympics team together with Alysa. Healthy Bradie can medal at SA easily.

Skate Canada is not as stacked as many other fans think.

Actually, Alysa has a good chance to be medaled at Skate Canada (At least top 5 there) as long as she skates clean and lands ALL the jumps including 3A. Alysa's Lombardia score is 219.24 with 2A in SP. If she adds 3A in SP and lands all the jumps, her score should be at least 225 at SC. Alysa technical content is on par to the most of top Russians (except Sasha and Kamila). I really do think Bronze medal is the fight between Wakaba and Alysa unless Alena finally remembers her choreography and step sequence at SC. Alena's LP is quite empty and her 3A is not stable this season. Wakaba's LP is more competitive than Alena's LP IMO. Hope Alysa put 2 big jumps in LP so that she can be competitive with Tuk at SC. Kamila 99.999999% wins gold at SC, no question there.

In fact, some skating fans start to believe in Alysa and predict she can win bronze at SC.

If you look at Top Russian and Japanese girls results in recent competitions, their scores are actually very down to the earth (Except Kamila and Tuk). :)

Mai MIHARA 203.58
Kaori SAKAMOTO 202.28

Sasha 216.8
Maiia 224.91
Anna 222.73
Alena 218.83

Last edited:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Well done to Alysa for her great senior GP debut! She clearly loves skating, and it makes me smile to watch her perform. The 3A was not her friend this weekend, but it will come in time. Her cheerful, upbeat attitude is a joy: she took that fall on the 3A in the free and then popped right up and skated the rest of the programme with confidence. She already is a fantastic talent, but it will be wonderful to watch her develop and grow in the years to come.

SP video:

FP:

Both videos are from the ISU YouTube channel, so geoblocking applies.

skatingiscool

On the Ice
Well done, Alysa!!!! Her score is very close to win bronze if she lands the 3A! Based on Alysa's improving speed, I'm sure she will win a medal at international competition very soon, perhaps Worlds 2022!

Before SC, I thought she is already 99.99999% lock for US Olympics team. After SC, she is indeed 100% lock for the US Olympics team. No other US lady can touch her spot, not even close. :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
I was initially questioning whether it was a good decision to change her layout and introduce two new combos with so much at stake, but amazing GP debut from the Queen :love2:

I'm praying for a major upset at NHK, she needs to win it for GPF.☺️☺️
She just oozes charm and charisma. If Alysa has been through major physical changes in the last 2 years and survived it and will probably be a top 5 skater in the world this year in her senior debut season.