Alysa Liu | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu

beepboop

On the Ice
I have to say, with all the talk about Alysa possibly retiring after this season to go to college, I do selfishly hope that spending more time in Colorado with skaters like Karen and Vincent who juggle elite schooling with elite skating might change her mind... I was so looking forward to following her career and watching her develop as a skater over the years.

AlysaLiuStan

#Liunatic
On the Ice
Country
Italy
Alysa always comes from behind after the SP. If she’s on today, a third national title is more than likely. best of luck for a strong free skate :) 😍🙏

GymDad

Rinkside
No doubt she will land in the top three and go to the Olympics that has been preset. Was held up during the short - she was scored as high in skating skill as Mariah and Karen? What? The ONLY mis-scoring in the ladies event - the rest were spot on.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States

Scott512

Record Breaker
What is going on? I can't believe this happened to Alysa at this time.

There are plenty of false positive tests out there. How do we know this was not one?

At some point if athletes are fully vaccinated and are social distancing and are not running a temperature and do not have any cold symptoms don't test them.

I hope Alysa can pull the rabbit out of her hat and still make it to the Olympics.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
What is going on? I can't believe this happened to Alysa at this time.

There are plenty of false positive tests out there. How do we know this was not one?

At some point if athletes are fully vaccinated and are social distancing and are not running a temperature and do not have any cold symptoms don't test them.

I hope Alysa can pull the rabbit out of her hat and still make it to the Olympics.
I read that there were no PCR available yet to differentiate flu and COVID. Some are under development but it took longer than planned.
So yes, it can be a false positive but not testing is not really an option either. Usually a PCR test gets positive about 3 days before being contagious and an antigenic test, 2 days. It's really important to know it before symptoms appear because people become contagious, usually the day before the symptoms appear. If competitors were not tested they would contaminate others before feeling ill.
Given the number of competitors who probably caught something during travel, testing probably spare a lot of contamination.
I hope China will have more discriminating tests.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I read that there were no PCR available yet to differentiate flu and COVID. Some are under development but it took longer than planned.
So yes, it can be a false positive but not testing is not really an option either. Usually a PCR test gets positive about 3 days before being contagious and an antigenic test, 2 days. It's really important to know it before symptoms appear because people become contagious, usually the day before the symptoms appear. If competitors were not tested they would contaminate others before feeling ill.
Given the number of competitors who probably caught something during travel, testing probably spare a lot of contamination.
I hope China will have more discriminating tests.
Is pcr the rapid test? I've done that twice at the Walgreens drive-through and been negative both times and they email me the results within an hour.

Some of these athletes may be positive for something but not Corona virus. That would be outrageous.

I hope Alysa still has a chance to escape for the committee and make the Olympic team.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Is pcr the rapid test? I've done that twice at the Walgreens drive-through and been negative both times and they email me the results within an hour.

Some of these athletes may be positive for something but not Corona virus. That would be outrageous.

I hope Alysa still has a chance to escape for the committee and make the Olympic team.
Usually PCR take longer and antigenic tests can be very fast.

I hope so too.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Usually PCR take longer and antigenic tests can be very fast.

I hope so too.
I just feel for these athletes. It's unbelievable what they go show with all the weight of their sport on their shoulders and an Olympic dream for them and now they have to worry about getting a Q tip up there knows every day. I mean think about it if any one of us were tested for like 50 straight days they would probably be a positive test.

Hopefully aliona stays strong and healthy and when that cast comes off she goes back to being the most beautiful skater in the world again.