Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anastasiya in photographs.
Unfortunately, her open mouth often looks not pretty in still pictures, so I have chosen the most pleasing ones from 4th Stage of Russian Cup, where she tried to make a comeback
MdSIr5YoCEg.jpg

f1yFSzfLBJ0.jpg

PlcKYAZicP8.jpg

TtfALj6t8kQ.jpg

m-0g1s08HCM.jpg

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
After watching her performance here again, I think she was underscored. She has great jumps and her GOEs were really low. She almost couldn’t have skated that better. I thought she had the fourth best long program that day. Hoping she fights back harder in the fifth stage.
I know! It don't understand why either, Nastya's such a powerful and emotive skater. I felt so bad for her last Russian Nats (or was it the one before?) where not only was she robbed on PCS, but we found out she lost her grandmother just before the competition. :(

Fingers and toes crossed she goes to Stage V!

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ah, I didn't know she had lost her grandmother. That's always hard.

She is always robbed on PCS. I know she's polarizing because of her unique, sort of chaotic style, and maybe the judges don't care for it, but I would award originality if I was a judge. Of course, I like her untamed energy, so I'm biased in the other direction. It's also possible that after leaving two influential coaches, she has made enemies, and that could affect her scores.

Lowball scoring aside, that was a pretty triumphant return to competition! Her spins and overall speed were a little disappointing, but like someone pointed out, she's probably only recently returned to the ice. Her jumps were good, and that final lutz in the FS coming out of the spiral was huge, especially considering she had no time to set up for it after releasing the spiral position.

The new short program is great! Like another poster said, that music is wonderful, and I thought the dress was beautiful. I did not know that the song was about the sea, but that makes sense with the trailing ruffles on her blue dress, like little waves or something. I hope she does well at the next stage too and gets to compete at nationals. :hap10:

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
That's a really beautiful dress! The sparkling, effervescent front and the bits of trailing fabric remind me of Medvedeva's Exogenesis bodysuit (not sure of a better way to suggest water with a costume, so I'm not claiming it's a copycat), but I like the shades of blue on Anastasia's dress a bit better. The lacing on the back of it is a little reminiscent of a ship's wheel, too. You know, the old big wooden ones with spokes. I'm not sure if that's what the designer was trying to convey, but it's what comes to my mind. It's a very well-done costume and the music is haunting. I like this 10x better than the House of the Rising Sun SP she had last time, especially since this is a huge costume upgrade over that skirt with the gunbelt and revolver printed on it.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So, according to the article, she started skating in the Autumn at the Army of Skaters rink. Autumn usually starts in the end of September. So, less than two months of practice prior to this competition at most. So, that skate she delivered was phenomenal. Glad she decided to go back to skating. Anastasia and her coach seem to get one another. I love how they were both emotional after the skate. She clearly exceeded expectations. What these athletes have to go through just to try to make it to the National team is amazing! Anastasia hasn’t had a proper training year where she stays with the same coaching team. At some point, she was the #3 best junior behind Trusova and Kostornaia. I believe that if she trains hard and stays with the same coach, she could surprise.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Only two months training? That makes Nastya even more amazing! :cheer:

Regarding her coach, I'm sure I saw her with Ksenia even when she was skating at Plushy's Academy so it looks like they left together? Or Nastya followed along later? Either way they make a great team :biggrin:

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
When she left Plushenko, she returned to Svetlana Panova at the Snow Leopards rink. I'm glad she's with Ksenia though, because I think she did her best skating while at Plushenko's Angels. That FS at Russian Nationals in 2019 (2018 season) was outstanding. I think Ksenia is able to get the best out of Anastasia, and while I know she had a lot of familiarity with Panova, her skating seemed less inspired last year, and her initial programs were terrible. It felt like she was an afterthought, which might be the case with her financial difficulties, but Ksenia Ivanova seems more invested in her, and these programs, the new SP and the returning 2nd FS from last season, are both solid.

It didn't really occur to me that she has only been training at the rink since late September. My initial knee-jerk hot take reaction was that she hadn't improved much from last year and had actually regressed a little with her spins, but stepping back and taking a longer view of it, you are right; this competition was utterly outstanding! No wonder she burst into tears at the end of it; she must have been working incredibly hard leading up to this and had to have been tremendously relieved to see it all pay off. I hope the judges show her a little love at the next competition; she's earned it.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Only two months training? That makes Nastya even more amazing! :cheer:

Regarding her coach, I'm sure I saw her with Ksenia even when she was skating at Plushy's Academy so it looks like they left together? Or Nastya followed along later? Either way they make a great team :biggrin:
Yeah! I really hope she makes Nationals. If she looks this good after 2 months then by December she would possibly be in better shape than some of the girls who are more likely to qualify.

I really liked Nastya's new SP. I got the impression Ksenia Ivanova likes powerful music (she also coaches Alexander Golubev, he of the Marilyn Manson and techno martial arts programmes) which is great because Nastya's also a powerful skater! Maybe we'll see her skate to more alt rock and symphonic metal in future 😀

It was also heartwarming to see Adian Pitkeev with them both in the KnC, all grown up now with a smile on his face again 🥲

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anastasiya Tarakanova: " It is very important for an athlete to work with a coach who believes in him. "

B916.jpg
03 December 2020

Anastasiya Tarakanova, medalist in the stages and finals of the ISU Junior Grand Prix series, started this season from the stage in Kazan. At the fourth stage of the Russian Cup, the athlete took 8th place and is now preparing to perform at her second Russian Cup competition in Moscow.

The athlete told the FFKKR website about her preparation for the season, the decision to continue her sports career, and her performance in Kazan:

- At the beginning of the season, my sports career was in doubt. I do not want to voice the reasons, go into details, but this was actually the case. I didn't compete for a very long time. I went out on the ice after an injury, after a long break, when everyone was already skating and at the Test Skates in Megasport they showed their programs.

I had to recover at a fast pace. A lot of work has been done. And I am pleased with my performance in Kazan. Yes, not everything worked out: in the short program there was only a 3-2 cascade, in the free program - not everything is perfect. But for me it was more important to overcome myself.

In the off-season during quarantine, my first coach in Moscow, Irina Mikhailovna Klimova, invited me to the training camp in Dubna as a second coach. Since during this period I did not succeed with my own ice training, I agreed. Irina Mikhailovna's students trained on roller skates, and the technique of roller skating is slightly different from that of ice skating. Therefore, I also had to boot up on rollers, and for the first two weeks I worked with everyone - skated, jumped. Later, I even staged programs for some athletes. And when later I started ice training, I switched to blades again, at first it was a little unusual, hard.

I started to prepare for the season with my coach Kseniya Ivanova. I called her, she replied that she was ready to help. To begin with, I needed to get in shape, lose weight. It was a difficult process, but during the preparation I lost 10 kilograms. I forced myself and succeeded.

You see, it is very important for an athlete to work with a coach who believes in him. And I am extremely grateful to Kseniya Semyonovna, that she gave me a chance, believed in my, and I want to justify this trust. To be honest, I’m even a little afraid to let her down, I don’t know why. This is both a whim and a bonus at the same time, which strengthens and helps to move on. I was very attached to all the coaches with whom I worked, and I am grateful to everyone for everything they have done for me. It really is.

This season I am skating last year's free program to the music of Mozart's Lacrimosa. It was staged by Anna Novichkina. If you remember, I started last season with Frida, but then we changed our free program. And the short was delivered almost two weeks before the stage of the Russian Cup in Kazan. We searched for music for a very long time, I looked at many different options and accidentally heard a musical theme from Tik-Tok, and Adian Pitkeyev staged me a program that I really like. "

(c) Ольга ЕРМОЛИНА

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She seems to be so happy working on improving her skating skills with her new team. I’m so happy to hear she is doing well and I can’t wait to see her skate again this weekend. Hoping she can place in the top 5 to secure a spot to Nationals. Wishing her all the best.