Ashley Wagner

temadd

Final Flight

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay!! So excited too! Even more excited because she promised not to ruin artistic moments with a bunch of chatter. I love her!

So ... did anyone see this? If so, how do we watch it? I looked for Rika K's fs on the olympic channel on u tube, but nothing came up. I'm dying to hear Ashley's commentary.

Please, I am helpless when it comes to finding stuff. If anybody can help me, I'd appreciate it greatly. I'm sure all of us who visit AW's fanfest would love to listen/view.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
So ... did anyone see this? If so, how do we watch it? I looked for Rika K's fs on the olympic channel on u tube, but nothing came up. I'm dying to hear Ashley's commentary.

Please, I am helpless when it comes to finding stuff. If anybody can help me, I'd appreciate it greatly. I'm sure all of us who visit AW's fanfest would love to listen/view.

I've been looking for info too. I saw Ashley saying to catch up with her on the Olympic Channel Sunday and Monday(if I'm not mistaken) but she didn't give any other information and I'm really confused. :confused:
I searched on their website, on the LIVE/TV and I didn't see NHK. So... I don't know... :scratch2:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think they are airing NHK on Monday at 8pm est according to my cable listings.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I think they are airing NHK on Monday at 8pm est according to my cable listings.

I see. So it's only for TV not online? I should've guessed.
I wonder if there is some way of watching Olympic Channel livestream... :think:
Thanks for the info!
When you say 8pm, you mean what time zone?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

thank you. I'm in the same boat as rikaquegira, through a combination of:

1. Contrariness
2. Old-timey Ornery character, and
3. A Whimsical Pleasure in Still Using Grandpa's Antenna ....

We don't have cable at our Snow Country home. And we are proud enough, and ornery enough, to stay here all winter. Crazy!

So, can anyone tell me, are nbsolympics and nbcgold the same? my impression from posts is that they're 2 different broadcasts, and that Tara & Johnny commentate nbcgold.

I see. So it's only for TV not online? I should've guessed.
I wonder if there is some way of watching Olympic Channel livestream... :think:
Thanks for the info!
When you say 8pm, you mean what time zone?

https://www.nbcsports.com/live

^^^ if I'm reading the site correctly, (which is always a question) ... we can livestream olympics channel online. However, the bad news is, if I'm remembering correctly, during Olympics they let me do so for a half an hour, then they said "Hope you've enjoyed this preview; here's where you can pay to subscribe."

If this is the case, and if I knew that Ashley would stay on as a commentator, I'd pay for the privilege, for figure skating alone.

ETA: ^^ Does anyone else have the impression that Ashley's commentating NHK was sort of on a trial basis? or as a one-time deal?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liking Ashley's commentary on pairs. She's keeping it real as usual, no sugar coating.

She's talking over the skating but about the skating itself.

macy

Record Breaker
did she only commentate on pairs? i haven't been able to find any other events she did, and only pairs was on yesterday

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
did she only commentate on pairs? i haven't been able to find any other events she did, and only pairs was on yesterday

I watched the ladies SP and she also did commentary with Andrea Joyce. Alas she didn't do the FS, it was Tara & Johnny with Tanith.

Ashley loves Liza and Satoko for different reasons. Liza for her confidence and sexy image as well as her jumps. Satoko for her beautiful skating and classic ladies style.
Satoko's SP is her favorite this season and she barely talked during it.

She was also rooting for her former training mates Mariah and Eunsoo.

nguyhm

On the Ice
thank you for this!! she did well for a rookie commentator!! i hope this opens up doors for her if she chooses not return to competitive ice.

Ashley is/was doing very well as first time commentator. She is very well spoken and knowledgeable - stating facts from previous events/results for the skaters. She definitely did her homework. Job well done!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley is/was doing very well as first time commentator. She is very well spoken and knowledgeable - stating facts from previous events/results for the skaters. She definitely did her homework. Job well done!

Not sure if this was posted but an article about Ashley's current activities, including her Olympic channel gig. She's unsure about returning to competition but at this point I'm thinking she is done and enjoying life coaching, performing and commentating.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018...tive-future-role-as-coach-and-upcoming-shows/

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashleys's comments of ladies SP emerged on Youtube, those with OC acronym at the end of title (hoping for FS to be uploaded too):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3O3nnPiaiHATq4bzSUMIg/videos

Not sure if this was posted but an article about Ashley's current activities, including her Olympic channel gig. She's unsure about returning to competition but at this point I'm thinking she is done and enjoying life coaching, performing and commentating.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018...tive-future-role-as-coach-and-upcoming-shows/

:thank:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So what's the cat story I missed? The cat is male, but how did they miss it?

I don't know the story, but ... Apparently it's very difficult to tell when a kitten is very young.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, I wanted to share here what I posted in the US ladies' thread. Hopefully it will get a fun discussion going here. I love celebrating what we love about our beloved Ashley with all my other lovely Ashley Wagner fans!

What an excellent post! And you've suggested a different answer, for me, to the original question from sk8luvr: "what will Ashley Wagner's legacy be"? In my opinion, this is the best answer. Her legacy is her most memorable performances.

Shine on, You Crazy Diamond
Pollack
Hip Hip Chin Chin
Black Swan
Samson and Delilah
Exogenesis, and
:dance2: :gclap: :rock: Moulin Rouge :luv17: :drama: :love: :dance3:

Quote Originally Posted by RobinA View Post
Yeah, this. Even for OGM winners. Brian Boitano is one of my all time faves. What skates of his immediately come to mind? Phantom of the Opera, Call the Wind Mariah, and that elephant thing, which may be my all time favorite skating skating program EVER, and I say that with strains of Bolero trying to creep into my head. All post gold medal programs. I feel the same about Browning, whom I was never that crazy about as an amateur, but came into his own as a pro. Yuka Sato, another gold medal non-winner. Hat Full of Stars, another fave performance of mine. I really don't remember skaters by their Olympic medals, but by their performances. Sometimes the body of their work and sometimes specific program.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Although it didn't give Ashley the greatest competitive success I have to say I really liked Sweet Dreams as a program, one of my favorite SPs.

Lately I've also been enjoying watching some of Ashley's earliest programs on YouTube that I never saw at the time (since I was an Olympics only fan up until midway through the 2015-16 season) such as Somewhere In Time and Henry VIII. The curls!