Attendee info needed | Golden Skate

Attendee info needed

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If anyone finds the practice groups, if internet wifi is available, if there are soft seats or do we need cushions, If clear plastic totes are needed,if USFS camera rules are in effect, water fountains available, etc please put it here. I will call the Arena Monday and see if I can get someone who cares...:laugh2:

SkateSand

Rinkside
I checked the Arena website for prohibited items. It looks pretty typical. It does not allow backpacks or oversized bags, whatever that means. If they don't give you dimensions, how do you know, lol?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I checked the Arena website for prohibited items. It looks pretty typical. It does not allow backpacks or oversized bags, whatever that means. If they don't give you dimensions, how do you know, lol?

IMVHO, you just never know WHAT they are going to do to you. The rules are clear as mud.
http://www.angelofthewindsarena.com/ArenaInfo/RulesProhibitedItems.ashx?p=1144
Then, they come up with new rules on the fly and ignore them. For instance, they might say, "No bags except see through ones" and then let people bring in cloth shopping bags. They might say, "No ins and outs" but that's just crazy....
Simon says, "No empty Water bottles"...and then they let them in...or not....
I wear a man pouch with all my cell phones, cameras and keys, will bring a shopping bag with the goodies for people and inside that will be 2.5 gallon ziplock freezer bags if I need them. I am walking back and forth the half mile to the hotel or if its raining hard I am Ubering it. Dont know if they charge for parking.

temadd

Final Flight
IMVHO, you just never know WHAT they are going to do to you. The rules are clear as mud.
http://www.angelofthewindsarena.com/ArenaInfo/RulesProhibitedItems.ashx?p=1144
Then, they come up with new rules on the fly and ignore them. For instance, they might say, "No bags except see through ones" and then let people bring in cloth shopping bags. They might say, "No ins and outs" but that's just crazy....
Simon says, "No empty Water bottles"...and then they let them in...or not....
I wear a man pouch with all my cell phones, cameras and keys, will bring a shopping bag with the goodies for people and inside that will be 2.5 gallon ziplock freezer bags if I need them. I am walking back and forth the half mile to the hotel or if its raining hard I am Ubering it. Dont know if they charge for parking.

The arena website says that there are "thousands" of complimentary parking spaces in the area. I am staying at the Woodspring Suites and plan to drive to the arena

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I’ve been to the Angel of the Winds Arena recently (June 2018) for a high school graduation. The seats were not padded, but I think they might be padded this time around since it’s a major competition and the time sitting will be around 3 hrs, compared to a 1hr graduation ceremony.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I’ve been to the Angel of the Winds Arena recently (June 2018) for a high school graduation. The seats were not padded, but I think they might be padded this time around since it’s a major competition and the time sitting will be around 3 hrs, compared to a 1hr graduation ceremony.

I hope you are right and they redid the seating in the last 4 months! I will be there four days...I will bring a seat cushion just in case....

temadd

Final Flight
I found several photos online of the seats and they are plastic and unpadded.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I skated a freestyle session there last week and there is wifi :pray: