Blades of Glory.... thoughts? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Blades of Glory.... thoughts?

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
I took my 15 year old daughter to see it and I was embarrassed as heck by all the "I'm a sex-addict" scenes, yadda, yadda, yadda...

:laugh: I am 15. Trust me, most *unsheltered* 15 year olds hear way worse than that at school. :rofl:

Last edited:

Jimmy Hoffa

On the Ice
I saw it and I enjoyed it throughly. However, Jesusland types will most likely be offended, and some of it might be a little mature for anyone younger than fifteen or sixteen.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I saw it last night and I don't think I ever stopped laughing the whole time! I can't wait till this one is out on DVD.

Johar

Medalist
Did you see that one of them had mascara in his beauty kit? ROTF!

Nubka,

My 30-year-old single friend refuses to see it because she is very easily offended by crass humor. She won't watch many films at all (she goes to websites that screen films) if there is any language, sexual innuendos or immoral behavior, so it's usually Rated G flicks for her.

When she saw Titanic she was horrified they had sex and weren't married, and that she cheated on her fiance.

She is also a big horse racing nut but refuses to see Seabiscuit because they take the Lord's name in vain once or twice and Tobey Macguire has sex with a prostitute early in the film.

nubka

Final Flight
Did you see that one of them had mascara in his beauty kit? ROTF!

Nubka,

My 30-year-old single friend refuses to see it because she is very easily offended by crass humor. She won't watch many films at all (she goes to websites that screen films) if there is any language, sexual innuendos or immoral behavior, so it's usually Rated G flicks for her.

When she saw Titanic she was horrified they had sex and weren't married, and that she cheated on her fiance.

She is also a big horse racing nut but refuses to see Seabiscuit because they take the Lord's name in vain once or twice and Tobey Macguire has sex with a prostitute early in the film.

Ok...

IDLERACER

Medalist
There hasn't been a theatrically released G-rated film in years. I'm assuming your friend watches nothing but TBN and the Hallmark and Family channels.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Well, I am sure I would be called a prude. After hearing all that I am wondering if I want to go. I can usually tolerate more than I want but don't know what to do now. I don't want to go alone, so probably won't go anyway. Probably wait until it comes out on tv. Then I can turn it off if I want.

jennylovskt

Medalist
I am not eager to watch it after reading all the comments in this thread. But I will watch it sometimes and decide it myself whether it is good or not. I don't like Saturday Night Live, so I probably won't like Will Ferrell in this film. But I will give it a chance and I have already got the immunization first from here.:laugh:

Jhar55

Medalist
Can you beleive it's the top selling movie 2 weeks in a row. :clap: Who of thunk
Waiting for it to come out on DVD.

Jhar55

Medalist
Can you beleive it's the top selling movie 2 weeks in a row. :clap:
Waiting for it to come out on DVD.

Johar

Medalist
There hasn't been a theatrically released G-rated film in years. I'm assuming your friend watches nothing but TBN and the Hallmark and Family channels.

She saw Charlotte's Web, which was rated G. Her favorite TV shows are
Rick Steve's Europe, Travels in Europe w/Samantha Brown, CBC News, What Not to Wear, Sell This House, Suze Orman Show and Airline

alicelouise

Rinkside
Blades of Glory

Blades of Glory was funny; for the most part. There are some scenes that could offend. For instance, there is the implied incest between the brother/sister rival pair team. I was thinking more yuck than offense though. Then there was a skate routine (not from our stars) that was in questionable taste. It would be a spoiler to reveal it though.

My main gripe though is why aren't these 2 teams on the US Pairs scene?:chorus: :rofl:

Last edited: