Brian Orser Interview | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Brian Orser Interview

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Or it might be Carol Lane. Carol Lane is an ice dance coach (coaches Gillies and Poirier) and Tracy Wilson is a former ice dancer and current coach (coaches with Brian Orser). Carol comments with Kurt Browning and Tracy comments with Rod Black. Carol has a bit of a British accent and Tracy has a very calm, soothing voice.

Oh I see....then I think it's tracy wilson, she does have a calm voice.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Oh I see....then I think it's tracy wilson, she does have a calm voice.
I remember watching the recorded competition skate of Yuzuru and her commentary and I could feel that she was worried for him (I think it was NHK or another competition where he did not so well same season)- I felt like she knew what was going on inside his brain by what she's been saying. I have never heard any commentator do such thing. But she's his coach too so she can relate to him.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I vaguely remember him talking about it in an old TSL interview. Basically when Yuna left he felt there was too much being expectated of him to somehow replace her as the star student. From an outside observer, the relationship seemed tense between Brian and him as Adam wasn't doing well that season (like, you could tell when they were in the K&C after one of the bad performances).

This is just off my head so I might be wrong. That interview is still out there for anyone interested.
Thanks, I had no idea about this kind of expectations were put on Adam's shoulders.