Carmen Game | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Carmen Game

gio

Medalist
What a beautiful game!!! When we finish the Carmen Game, we can start of other warhorses too!

Ok, mine is: Denise Biellmann 1978/1979 season, first 3Lutz by a woman.

for bluedog: edit your post. Just one Carmen program is allowed!!!! You've listed three instead. ;):)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
But Carmen is written in French... :confused:

right, but most of the cuts mentioned above were instrumental (being competitive programs as opposed to an exhibition), as opposed to lyrical.

I should say that Asada's version did not sound like the original opera to me, it was something else.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Didn't K/O skate to Carmen?

I'm sure that there are quite a lot more. Frankly, I'm glad that Yu-na and Mao got it out of their system while they are still age ineligible...

Honestly though have we ever seen a pairs team skate to Carmen. I actually wouldn't mind seeing that.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
For some strange reason, I have a recollection of Gordeeva & Grinkov doing it in the late 80s/early 90s -- did they actually do it, or am I just completely off??

gracie

Rinkside
Gordeeva and Grinkov's 1988 Oly short was to Carmen. Also Viktor Petrenko, I think in 1990 and 1991, short. Carmen is a huge piece of music. There is some familiar parts and some obscure.