Carolina Kostner | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Hi guys! Sorry it took me so long, but here's the translation of her last interview:

"It has been a year that we will all remember, there have been moments of fear and defeat, but for me personally there were also moments of growth: I’ve learnt to give myself the time I need and I have learned to let life take its course instead of forcing things.

Despite the hard times, I fulfilled my childhood dream to create my own fashion collection, this shows that it is always worth dreaming, it is always worth believing. I have a small wooden box where I still keep the drawings of the skating clothes that I used to draw and color, I used to lock them in this box and they were my treasure. It’s always been my dream, besides skating of course, to draw something. I designed simple garments, the ones I’ve always wanted to wear during practice, but also during moment of relax and travel."

Regarding a possible comeback to competitions and becoming a mother: "I promised myself that I want to make this decision consciously, when I’ll feel better, for not having regrets. My cousin Isolde always said to me “When the time comes, you’ll know it” and so I’m not going to force anything, sure competitions give me so much enthusiasm and motivation but I’m also aware that at some point the moment of change will come and I’ll be ready. Obviously I can’t wait to start skating again and feel the air, the wind on my face and start again with new strength.

Being a mother is one of my dreams, it’s not a priority now, but certainly it will happen, this is another thing that I don’t want to force, because it is something that comes from the heart and it comes at the right time."

It's always nice to listen to Carolina, she's such a considered and sweet person ☺️ she always puts me in a good mood

Last edited:

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Seems like she's trying quadruples (jumps). Kant wait to see her at the Oly.

I don't understand why you always take what she says, extract part of her interviews, and rework them to create a new version that you like more than what she actually said.

BTW this is the translation of the part about the quadruples from the interview you linked above:

I: Quadruple jumps, always more difficult, is this the future?
C: I always fought for the full package, that blends together technique, expressiveness and creativity. In Italy we know how to do that, I hope we never lose this vision in favour of excessive technicism.

Delienne

Rinkside
Not needed because we already know, but... She is ready for Oly and quadruples!

Olys and quads aren't mentioned at all in this interview. She simply says she is still dealing with injuries, could't do proper riabilitation because of covid restrictions, ice skating will be forever her passion so somehow she will continue skating, she just doesn't know how (meaning competitions or just shows, I guess). She doesn't want to retire while still injuried and will take the decision when on full training again.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Hi guys,

I've just found this interview with Carolina talking about sport and life:

Once again, she proves to be one and extremely thoughtful and kind human being.
As soon as I'll have time, I'll try to provide a transcription in English here.