Caroline Green & Michael Parsons | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Caroline Green & Michael Parsons

slider11

Medalist
I'm glad they chose the Michigan Ice Dance Academy as their coaching base. It takes some sensitive and experienced mentoring to handle this team. They have the unique features of having a wide difference in ages but are very close in height. Their rise has been quick and they will need special care to enhance those lifts plus continue to define their style to place them on the world podium. I think Charlie, Tanith and Greg are the right coaches for that task!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I just love this team! I hope their pedestrian choice of programs this year was not due to a lack of creativity or to inability to capitalize on the unique strengths of this couple. I hope MIDA is not mired in somewhat outdated or stale approaches, in other words.

Hopefully, that is not the case at all. I actually think the first couple of seasons of a new Olympic quad are a great time for a team to try styles that are new/different for them, and I'd like to think that was why Caroline and Michael and their new coaches went for this season's programs. They couldn't keep doing the modern art style til the next Olys without it becoming old hat and predictable for them.

Do other things for a few seasons, then possibly return to your signature style, if that still seems the right choice, once the next Olympics approach.

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

slider11

Medalist
Caroline and Michael are late bloomers this season but would love to see them placed top 8 in the world. Ice dance is log-jammed with the senior division holding on to the top 3. Piper and Paul are my #1 team but I would love to see them, Madison and Evan, Laurence and Nik, Charlene and Marco hit the pro road and leave competitive skating. I know, I know, if they can compete they should. I think it's more that the judges get hooked on to their style and lose objectivity with down-grading some and elevating others.