Chan: 'Imagine if I did do a second quad' | Golden Skate

Chan: 'Imagine if I did do a second quad'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Patrick Chan of Canada skated his Beatles program sublimely with precision and measure. The three-time World champion landed a secure quadruple toe loop-triple toe loop, triple Axel and triple Lutz. The light-hearted routine was punctuated by a delicate footwork sequence. Chan’s hands were clenched with satisfaction and relief at the end of the routine while the audience showered him with applause. The nine-time Canadian champion finally broke 100 points at an ISU event with a score of 102.13.
“I wasn’t going into it being like ‘Oh, I need to be first or third,’ I was just ‘Okay, I know what I need to do, I will get the marks that I deserve if I put everything on the table,'” said the veteran skater. “It was a great feeling to wait for those marks. Breaking 100 with one quad – that’s huge for me. To do it at a Worlds, it just shows that.”
“Imagine if I did do a second quad where the points would be and where I would be in the standings,” Chan said about his personal best score and the potential to increase it further with more technical difficulty (a second quadruple jump). “So, one step at a time. I couldn’t add a second quad without accomplishing this today. I wouldn’t have the confidence to.”

More on the Men's SP