Charlie White and Johnny Weir and their fans | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Charlie White and Johnny Weir and their fans

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I sometimes get the feeling I'm about the only one here who doesn't - other than Toni, I think.

hee hee. I like Charlie and Meryl and people... I just don't think they;re the second coming or anything. unfortunately I seem to always be the last to see skaters that are hyped big time on boards and so they don't meet those impossible expectations... so it's hard to get over that feeling. *shrugs*

and here's a shocker, the last couple of seasons I've actually been pulling for Johnny ;) who saw that one coming? ;) I like the more humble guy he's been lately than the one who doesn't check his tongue.

dutchherder

Final Flight
Charlie has charisma (and lots and lots of curly blonde hair). Actually, I've seen pictures of his younger self with straight dark hair. Hmmm.

Well, in defense of Charlie's hair ;), when I was a child, I had straight, reddish-blond hair. Now my hair is dark brown and very naturally curly. A lot of adults with curly hair don't have curly hair until after they go through puberty. My hair was like this, as was my brother and sister's hair. Don't really know why this is.... but...:scratch:

I absolutely cannot defend Johnny's hair. He's really starting to look too much like his mother. :eek:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yup, I was a regular toe-head, as was my dad... both of us have brown hair

Katia and Sergei both were toe heads in their childhood... but both ended up with dark hair... however Daria seems to have kept the blonde... weird. lol

Kristin

Rinkside
Why can not fans see any faults in these two young men? One hears so much and reads so much about Charly but not about Merryl. One hears so much concern over Johnny when he is not at his best.

Remember that a lot of people on ranting threads are very young & don't understand the concept of having an "adult conversation" where not everyone will always agree with everyone.

It's alright to agree to disagree.

It's OK. Everything will be alright. :: pats those online ranters on back:: :)

Remember that a lot of people on ranting threads are very young & don't understand the concept of having an "adult conversation" where not everyone will always agree with everyone.

It's alright to agree to disagree.

It's OK. Everything will be alright. :: pats those online ranters on back:: :)
Good post and written very well.