Cheng Peng & Hao Zhang | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Cheng Peng & Hao Zhang

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Just watched their free. A wonderful performance. On another year, perhaps it would've been enough for the podium. And that program... :love: It seems like Lori Nichol is inspired by them.

And for the first time this year, Cheng Peng has landed 2/3 jumps! :clap: I used to get annoyed with her and even felt bad for Zhang at times :laugh:, but she's improved to the point where I can really appreciate her lines, her attention to detail, and her flow across the ice.

Bold suggestion, but I wonder... is there no chance for her to get 3S? I mean, the 2A isn't working anyway (the 3T, by contrast, has stabilized). Not everyone is suited for axel jumps, and if it's a risk either way, might as well as take the risk with the bigger reward.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I just wanted to note Peng's lovely smile at the end of the free, and she was so cute in the k&c. :love: Her jumps have been the most successful they've been all season. I think she can do harder jumps, it seems like mostly a mental thing. She's gone into jumps beautifully, ones she should have landed. If not, they could probably add a quad throw to up the content.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Btw, anyone else notice the moment at the end when she smashes his face with her head? :laugh: Have P/Z and S/H been taking notes from each other on how-to-miss-your-ending (but-it's-okay -since-you-nailed-your-program)?

I'd like to see them try throw 4S and SBS 3S. :yes:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I really liked their choreography, especially the SP. I haven't really got the vocab to talk pairs, but I notice they do a lot of detailed work that complements rather than mirrors and it looks lovely. I also think he has a beautiful poise about him. His arm movements are really nice.

He also comes across as a very sweet man to me. Don't know whether he is, but that is my impression.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have updated the OP to Peng & Zhang's fan fest!

I am sad to see there.are very few articles about them in English, but I did find a video of Peng with her previous partner!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you, dorispulaski! Strange to see her channelling Mao-on-Bells-of-Moscow with her previous partner. :laugh:

I think the latest news is that they'll continue working with Lori Nichol next year? (They were present in relevant photos.) Though I'm not a fan of everything Nichol's been doing, I do love the work she's done for P/Z and hope to see it continue.

They had two eastern programs in '13-'14 and two western pieces in '14-'15. Maybe one of each next season?

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I loved it. I especially loved the choreo from here to 1:40-ish.

ETA: I'm not sure that my time stamping is working on my iPad so if not I meant 0.45 by 'here'!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Your time-stamping works. My favourite moment is the 'stop' at 1:25-ish.

While their SP was the program that grabbed me immediately, I grew to love their LP more and more. It does a great job of matching the changes in the music with their movements and elements. It's just a shame they still have problems with clean skates (GPF and Worlds were really close though). If she can start hitting the 2A (or bring back the 3S successfully)...

s_parks

Record Breaker
We finally have information for p/z's programs! From fsu's program thread:
SP: Tango
FS: Les Pêcheurs de Perles by Bizet

I like the choice of the lp- really appreciate the relatively original choice(thank goodness for no Carmen!). I wonder what parts they'll use.

s_parks

Record Breaker
So we have a bit more info about the programs- the fs uses "Je Crois Entendre Encore" from the opera. The specific music choice for the sp is unclear, this source was cited.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Here are some practice videos of P/Z's new programs;

SP: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI3MDU0NDc5Ng
EX: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI3MDUyNTE1Ng

The video player isn't working for me at the moment so I haven't watched it yet, but if it works for some of you guys, tell me how it is!

Got the videos to play after a few tries! Honestly, I was rather skeptical about their choice of a tango for the sp, but there's really nice choreo- I think Lori and P/Z really connect. I'll reserve actual judgement when I see the whole thing. The ex is still not loading, but I'll get to it!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I still can't load the videos for some reason, but from what I hear, it looks promising! I really hope I can get the videos to work someday...

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I still can't load the videos for some reason, but from what I hear, it looks promising! I really hope I can get the videos to work someday...

i couldnt watch the videos at PC as well then tried on my phone and it worked!!