Chiara Hristova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Chiara Hristova

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Junior World Championships Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Chiara finished 35th out of 46 in the SP, with a score of 46.17.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread about the Warm-Up:

Second of my kids in this group.

My goodness! Chiara looks like an adult that has accidentally found their way into a children's session! 😲 Well, to be fair, she is the oldest in the group.

Lovely jump just after the announcer finished going through the skaters.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see any elements after that. The camera did focus on her at one stage, and you could see she wanted to do a jump, but she was having to weave around other skaters.

Hopefully things will go as well for her as they did for my earlier kid.

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote about her programme:

Beautiful 2A to start with.

And the combination was beautiful too. As was the combination spin that followed.

Sorry, my typing couldn't keep up with her. I was mesmerised, because everything was beautiful.

Ted said just after she finished that she popped the Lutz. And I had to laugh, because there was technical difficulties with the commentary at the time, and his voice was popping badly. :laugh:

To be honest, I didn't notice the pop. Everything looked faultless to me.

She goes into 7th. Two positions and 3.57 points behind my other kid.

Now we have to wait to find out if she gets into the Free. The Q's start to appear after the first skater in the next group.

:cheer: WELL DONE CHIARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

MORE TO FOLLOW

Chiara is 1.08 points behind 34th position, Yekaterina BALYUBA (KAZ), and 0.46 points ahead of 36th position, Lena CUSAK (HRV). All three of them are part of a massive group where 31 skaters are covered by 16.01 points, stretching from KIM Yuseong (KOR) in 9th position, 13.41 points ahead of Chiara, to Meda VARIAKOJYTÄ– (LTU) in 39th position, 2.60 points behind Chiara.

Unfortunately, with only 24 skaters going through to the Free Skate, that means that she is out. The skater in 24th position, Polina DZSUMANYIJAZOVA (HUN), is 7.18 points ahead of Chiara.

It's such a shame, because she did skate well. But, that's the sort of thing that happens when you have a field this size, and there is a cut-off.

Chiara was always going to be fighting an uphill battle to get to the Free Skate anyway, because everybody ahead of her had programmes with higher total Base Values. The skater that got the last qualifying position had a programme with a total Base Value that was 7.48 points higher than Chiara's.

But that she had six skaters behind her with programmes that had higher total Base Values shows how well she did.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hot on the heels of Junior Worlds, Chiara is back in action today at the Sonja Henie Trophy in Oslo, Norway.

The Junior Ladies SP is due to start today at 12:54:00 CET (11:54:00 GMT / 13:54:00 EET). So 6 hours from now.

Chiara will be the 25th skater to start. So, first skater to go in Group 6.

The Group 6 Warm-Up is due to start at 16:05:00 CET (15:05:00 GMT / 17:05:00 EET). So 9h 11m from now.

Chiara is due to start at 16:12:15 CET (15:12:15 GMT / 17:12:15 EET). So 9h 18m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before her withdraws.

More information in the event thread:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95848

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST CHIARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sonja Henie Trophy Junior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Chiara finished 4th out of 30 in the SP, with a score of 44.71.

Unfortunately, there is too much motorsport happening this weekend, so I was not able to watch the Sonja Henie Trophy.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Chiara is currently 3.38 points behind 3rd position, Darja TRUBITSON (FIN), and 0.34 points ahead of 5th position, Emmi AHLSTEDT (FIN). Chiara is at the head of a group of 8 skaters covered by 3.86 points, stretching down to Ida Eline VAMNES (NOR) in 11th position.

On the one hand, if Chiara has a good Free Skate and one of the skaters ahead of her makes msitakes, she could nick a medal. HOWEVER, she needs to be careful not to make any mistakes herself, because if she does and the skaters behind her go clean, she could easily tumble down the order.

So, she does need to have a good Free Skate to maintain her position.

The Junior Ladies FS is due to start today at 11:55:00 CET (10:55:00 GMT / 12:55:00 EET). So 4 hours from now.

Chiara will be the 27th skater to start. So, third skater to go in Group 5.

The Group 5 Warm-Up is due to start at 15:30:00 CET (14:30:00 GMT / 16:30:00 EET). So 7h 35m from now.

Chiara is due to start at 15:50:15 CET (14:50:15 GMT / 16:50:15 EET). So 7h 55m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95848

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sonja Henie Trophy Junior Ladies FS: Results; Protocols
Sonja Henie Trophy Junior Ladies: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Chiara finished 4th out of 30 in the FS, with a score of 89.09. This meant that she dropped to 5th position overall, with a score of 133.80.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the Sonja Henie Trophy.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Chiara finished the Free Skate 0.13 points behind 3rd position, Emmi AHLSTEDT (FIN), and 2.89 points ahead of 4th position, Lotta ARTIMO (FIN).

Overall, Chiara finished 0.34 points behind 4th position, Cathryn LIMKETKAI (PHL), and 0.21 points ahead of 6th position, Ahlstedt.

It is always a strange situation when a skater finishes in the same position in both segments, but drops a position in the overall reults. But, that is the sort of thing that can happen when the skater that wins the SP finishes a position lower than you in the FS [Lotta ARTIMO (FIN)]; and the skater that finishes two positions lower than you in the SP wins the FS [Lena EKKER (HUN)].

Even so, there is no way of sugar coating it. The problems that Chiara had with all three of her Lutzes this week cost her badly. When you take the three Lutzes together, she got -2.50 points in GOE for them. Just getting the Base Value for the Triple Lutz-Double Toe combination that opened her FS would have been enough to secure 4th position overall. That said, just having no issues on the Lutzes would probably not have been enough to win her a medal. She would have needed them to get +2.78 points in GOE to finish ahead of Artimo in the overall results. Which is probably a bit much to ask from just three elements.

That said, apart from the events in Bulgaria that she has won, 5th is her best finishing position of the season. And this is the third time she has achieved it.

Oh, and her next event is in Bulgaria... ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just short of 3 hours after her sister takes to the ice, Chiara will be back in action today at the Black Sea Ice Cup in Kranevo, Bulgaria.

The Junior Ladies SP is due to start this afternoon at 15:40:00 EEST (12:40:00 GMT / 13:40:00 BST). So 7 hours from now.

Chiara will be the 14th skater to start. So, third skater to go in Group 3 (and third skater to go after the resurfacing).

The Group 3 Warm-Up is due to start at 17:00:00 EEST (14:00:00 GMT / 15:00:00 BST). So 8h 20m from now.

Chiara is due to start at 17:16:30 EEST (14:16:30 GMT / 15:16:30 BST). So 8h 36m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95850

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Black Sea Ice Cup Junior Ladies SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Chiara finished 6th out of 23 in the SP, with a score of 42.37.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread about the Warm-Up:

Well, it may have taken me a while to get used to Chiara with blonde hair, but it certainly helped me spot her here. All the other skaters in this group have dark hair.

We saw her doing some small practice jumps at the start of the Warm-Up. And a while later she did a nice jump at the far side of the rink at corner of the camera shot. But apart from that, we didn't see her doing any other elements within camera shot.

Right, two skaters between now and her programme.

CaroLiza_fan

Here is what I wrote about her programme:

Fall on her first jump.

Then buffering. So, I don't know what happened next.

Combination spin that we returned on looked good.

Fall on next jump.

Spins good. I thought she had over-ran the end of her music, but it was a break in the music.

Step Sequence looked good.

I think she finished a bit early, and tried to cover it up with an extra finishing pose.

Oh dear.

Chiara has a habit of winning competitions in Bulgaria. But, after that SP, I don't think she has a chance of doing so here.

Earlier on, I was looking forward to Vayana getting her score, and was disappointed when it came through because I thought she deserved more. But, I don't want to see Chiara's score here.

She goes into... 3rd?! :confused:

OK. Did Chiara get some of the points her sister should have got earlier?

I may like Chiara, but I really do not understand how she scored higher than Vivian PAPP (HUN). I wouldn't have put this performance near Papp's, never mind 0.92 points ahead of it.

Anyway. We are where we are.

CaroLiza_fan

And this is what I wrote half an hour later:

I have to admit, my heart isn't in this competition any more, after seeing the home cooking that my kid benefitted from.

I like the girl, but this is really sticking in my throat. I want her to be getting scores that are realistic, so that she knows what she needs to work on to improve them. Inflated scores help nobody.

And it must be a real slap in the face for the skaters from the local clubs that a skater from the other side of the country is getting the home cooking.

CaroLiza_fan

Now that I have seen the Protocols, I am starting to understand the scores better. Although Vivian had no falls, she did have one major mistake that I didn't spot. Her second element was supposed to be a combination jump. However, because the first part, a Triple Flip, was downgraded, she couldn't attach the second jump. Also, the total Base Value of her programme was a whole 6.36 points lower than Chiara's. That's a lot.

So, I want to apologise for jumping to the conclusion that Chiara was benefitting from home cooking.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Chiara is currently 4.92 points behind 5th position, Annalisa URSINO (ITA), and 0.92 points ahead of 7th position, Vivien PAPP (HUN). Chiara is at the head of a group of 3 skaters covered by 1.15 points, which stretches down to Krista GEORGIEVA (BUL) in 8th position.

Being realistic, barring disaster skates from any of the skaters ahead of her, Chiara is not going to finish any higher than where she already is. And you could argue that she shouldn't even be as high as that.

But, Chiara does need to put in a good Free Skate, because Vivien and Krista are snapping at her heels and are in a very good position to overtake her if she makes any mistakes.

The Junior Ladies FS is due to start today at 10:40:00 EEST (07:40:00 GMT / 08:40:00 BST). So 2 hours from now.

Chiara will be the 18th skater to start. So, first skater to go in Group 4.

The Group 4 Warm-Up is due to start at 12:52:30 EEST (09:52:30 GMT / 10:52:30 BST). So 4h 12m from now.

Chiara is due to start at 12:59:00 EEST (09:59:00 GMT / 10:59:00 BST). So 4h 19m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95850

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm afraid that Chiara withdrew from the Free Skate.

I didn't actually realise that she had withdrawn until after the Warm-Up. Chiara was due to be the first skater to go in the final group, and I saw the skater that was still on the ice after everybody else had left and thought "hang on, that's not Chiara!"

Here is how it played out in my comment in the competition thread at the time:

Missed the first minute or so of the Warm-Up waiting for Papp's scores. They took a long time to come through.

There was only one girl with blonde hair, and she only came into camera shot twice after that. Both times she was just crossing from one side to the other. Mind you, the first time, she was doing some arm stretches at the same time.

Hang on. It must have been somebody else with blonde hair. Chiara's withdrawn! :jaw:

Right. Now I'm worried. Did she hurt herself in one of her falls yesterday?

CaroLiza_fan

Fortunately, another member replied after the event was over to tell us the reason for her withdrawal:

Chiara withdrew because her skates are broken. No injury from the falls fortunately.

Thank goodnesss that she isn't injured. Still, it's not the way you would want to end the season. But, at least there are a few months now to sort everything out in time for next season.

Thank you for the information, @Daniel3120. :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan