Chinese Championships: Predictions Game (Just For Fun) | Golden Skate

Chinese Championships: Predictions Game (Just For Fun)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is the thread where you can make your predictions for the Chinese Championships.

Please Note: There are 3 significant National Championships this week, As this would be a very big a workload for everybody, players and scorers alike, we thought it would be better if only 2 of them would count towards the Game Score.

Everybody has been looking forward to the Russian and Japanese Championships all season. So, it was pretty obvious that these would be the 2 Championships that would be scored.

The Chinese Federation has still not posted any information about the Championships. However, May managed to find the entry lists and the schedule for tomorrow’s practice, and posted translations shortly before 4:00 GMT this morning.

It may be a big assumption to make, but I am working on the theory that the running orders for the practices will be the same as for the competitions, so I have re-posted them below.

So, given that all the information is now up, we may as well start predicting. And you will be pleased to know that we will have 2 days to prepare, rather than just the 1 day that we had with the Four Nationals.

Entries/Results Page:
XXXX

The Senior competitions start on 27[SUP]th[/SUP] December 2014 at 11:30 CST (04:30 CET / 03:30 GMT) with the Short Dance.

So, predictions need to be in 1 hour before that, i.e. 10:30 CST (03:30 CET / 02:30 GMT)

If you need any help working out what time this is where you are, here is a Time Converter that Mrs. P very kindly posted in the Cup of China Predictions thread.

Entries

Ladies:

StN.Name
Group 1
1.GUO Xiaowen
2.GAO Yunfeng
3.LI Zijun
4.RENG Junfei
5.LIU Danning
Group 2
6.YU TingHui
7.ZHAO Ziquan
8.ZHANG Yixuan
9.DU Keer
10.LIU Jialing
Group 3
11.CHEN Hongyi
12.LI Xiaoxue
13.WANG Jialei
14.ZHENG Lu
15.LI Jiayin
Group 4
16.GENG Bingwa
17.LI Xiangning
18.ZHAO Minglu
19.CHEN Xinyue
20.JIAO Yunya
Group 5
21.QIAN Kun
22.LI Meiyi *
23.YUAN Tianqi
24.LIANG Yi
25.XIAO Yanfang

* LI Meiyi used to be a Pairs skater, so this is the ISU Bio for her partnership with JIANG Bo.

Men:

StN.Name
Group 1
1.JIN Boyang
2.LU Yunda
3.LI Tangxu
4.WANG Jinze
5.YU Lingxiao
W/DSONG Nan
Group 2
7.YAN Han
8.GUAN Yuhang
9.LI Zeen
10.GUO Xiangnan
11.ZHU Lei
12.LIU Jiaxing
Group 3
13.WANG Yi
14.LI Jiahao
15.CUI Hongming
16.HAO Yan
17.XU Zuoren
18.ZHANG He
Group 4
19.TENG Zijing
20.LI Luanfeng
21.WANG Tianze
22.ZANG Wenbo
23.LIU Runqi
24.LIU Yuhang

Pairs:

StN.Name
Group 1
1.YU Xiaoyu / JIN Yang
2.WANG Xuehan / WANG Lei
3.FAN Xinxin / LIU Xinze
Group 2
4.SUI Jiaying / YANG Yongchao
5.WANG Wenting / ZHANG Yan
6.ZHANG Mingyang / LI Bowen
7.ZHANG Ziyi / XIE Zhong

Dance:

StN.Name
Group 1
1.GAO Qianyue / ZHANG Yu
2.ZOU Bingxin / WANG Meng
3.SUN Wenqian / WANG Kuo
4.FENG Yuhan / JIAO Mingyang
Group 2
5.WANG Shiyue / LIU Xinyu
6.SONG Linshu / LIU Yu
7.CONG Yue / SUN zhuoming
8.CAO Yi / CAO Jinpeng
9.NING Wanqi / WANG Chao
Group 3
10.ZHAO Yue / XUN Zheng
11.CHEN Hong / ZHAO Yan
12.WANG Xiaotong / ZHAO Kaige
13.LI Xibei / Xiang Guangyao
14.GUO Yuzhu / ZHAO Pengkun

Please be aware that these are the provisional entry lists, and they may change by the time the Entry/Results page comes online.

EDIT: Here are the Bios May has used for couples that have changed partners since they last competed internationally.

Pairs

ZHANG Mingyang (with XIE Zhong for CHN)
XIE Zhong (with ZHANG Mingyang for CHN)

Ice Dance

WANG Meng (with GUAN Xueting for CHN)

Let the fun begin!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Hi and Merry Christmas from your Chinese Nationals Scorer! (who also does Japanese pairs... :slink:)

Men:

1. Boyang Jin
2. Han Yan
3. He Zhang
4. Liu Jaingxin
5. Teng Zijing.
6. Yi Wang

Ladies:

1. Li Zijun
2. Zhao Ziquan
3. Xiaowen Guo
4. Wang Jailei
5. Li Xiangning
6. Bingwa Geng

Pairs:

1. Yu/Jin
2. Wang/Wang
3. Wang/Zhang
4. Zhang/Li
5. Zhang/Xie
6. Sui/Yang

Ice Dance:

1. Wang/Liu
2. Zhao/Zheng
3. Li/Xiang
4. Song/Liu
5. Zou/Meng

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As I was doing this in a hurry, and I don’t know anything about most of the entries, I have just copied last year’s results, with a couple of changes.

But, where is the reigning Ladies Champion, Zhang Kexin? Is she injured? Has she retired? Did she just not get through qualifying?

On the plus side, at least Li Zijun is here this year.

It’s a shame that Nan Song has withdrawn, but his absence should make it an interesting battle between Han and Jin. Because, although Han has the far higher PB (set at the Olympics), Jin actually beat him in last year’s Nationals. In fact, Jin won with Han back in 4th (It was the FS that made all the difference – a 30 point difference between them!)

Really disappointed to see that there are only 7 entries in Pairs. Like, this is China, which has a conveyor belt of brilliant Pairs teams! But, half of the top teams aren’t competing. Neither Peng / Zhang nor Sui / Hang are there. At this rate of going, we could have been doing with Pang / Tong and Shen / Zhao competing!

Although there is a good size of a field in Dance, again one of the top teams isn’t competing. Zhang / Wu, who were 4th last year, aren’t there this year.

Although we won’t get to see them, I hope the Championships go well.

CaroLiza_fan

CHINESE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ladies

1. LI Zijun
2. ZHAO Ziquan
3. GENG Bingwa
4. GUO Xiaowen
5. JIAO Yunya
6. LI Xiangning

Just for fun
7. LI Xiaoxue
8. WANG Jialei
9. LI Jiayin
10. ZHENG Lu
11. ZHAO Minglu
12. QIAN Kun
13. DU Ke’er
14. GAO Yunfeng
15. XIAO Yanfang
16. YU Tinghui
17. LI Meiyi *
18. RENG Junfei
19. LIU Danning
20. ZHANG Yixuan
21. LIU Jialing
22. CHEN Hongyi
23. CHEN Xinyue
24. YUAN Tianqi
25. LIANG Yi

Men

1. YAN Han
2. JIN Boyang
3. ZHANG He
4. WANG Yi
5. GUAN Yuhang
6. ZANG Wenbo

Just for fun
7. LI Tangxu
8. XU Zuoren
9. HAO Yan
10. LIU Yuhang
11. LU Yunda
12. LIU Jiaxing
13. LIU Runqi
14. TENG Zijing
15. CUI Hongming
16. WANG Jinze
17. YU Lingxiao
18. LI Jiahao
19. LI Zeen
20. LI Luanfeng
21. WANG Tianze
22. GUO Xiangnan
23. ZHU Lei

Pairs

1. YU Xiaoyu / JIN Yang
2. WANG Xuehan / WANG Lei
3. WANG Wenting / ZHANG Yan
4. ZHANG Ziyi / XIE Zhong
5. ZHANG Mingyang / LI Bowen
6. SUI Jiaying / YANG Yongchao

Just for fun
7. FAN Xinxin / LIU Xinze

Dance

1. WANG Shiyue / LIU Xinyu
2. ZOU Bingxin / WANG Meng
3. ZHAO Yue / XUN Zheng
4. SONG Linshu / LIU Yu
5. CONG Yue / SUN zhuoming
6. CHEN Hong / ZHAO Yan

Just for fun
7. WANG Xiaotong / ZHAO Kaige
8. LI Xibei / Xiang Guangyao
9. SUN Wenqian / WANG Kuo
10. GAO Qianyue / ZHANG Yu
11. CAO Yi / CAO Jinpeng
12. FENG Yuhan / JIAO Mingyang
13. GUO Yuzhu / ZHAO Pengkun
14. NING Wanqi / WANG Chao

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS IS YOUR FOUR AND A HALF HOUR WARNING.

You have just 4 hours 30 minutes left until the target time to get your predictions in, i.e. until 10:30 CST (03:30 CET / 02:30 GMT).

And, for our American friends, that target time is 21:30 EST.

But, as usual, I will use my discretion to accept entries for each discipline right up to the start of their Short Programme.

Now, to bed.

Night, night everybody!

CaroLiza_fan

May

Rinkside
But, where is the reigning Ladies Champion, Zhang Kexin? Is she injured? Has she retired? Did she just not get through qualifying?

She intended to retire following last season, had stayed away from the ice for over eight months. Though she recently came back and has resumed training, she's probably not ready to compete yet.

Also, Zhang He has withdrawn...Not sure about the reason, but really hope it's not injury...

ps.It's already morning where I live. Good morning, everyone:)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
She intended to retire following last season, had stayed away from the ice for over eight months. Though she recently came back and has resumed training, she's probably not ready to compete yet.
So she's not retiring? :think:

Thank you for all the info on Chinese skaters. This is a little off topic, but do you, by any chance, know what is going on with Pang/Tong? There were some comeback rumours swirling around.

May

Rinkside
So she's not retiring? :think:

Thank you for all the info on Chinese skaters. This is a little off topic, but do you, by any chance, know what is going on with Pang/Tong? There were some comeback rumours swirling around.

Nope, she isn't now.

I'm not sure if Pang/Tong will come back, since I can't find any official news regarding this. In my opinion, though, I don't think they will. Even with the step sequence on their Weibo, it lasts over one minute, which means they would have to do all the other required technical elements in less than 1.5 minutes if that is really their competition routine:shocked: So I believe it's part of an exhibition program rather than competition program.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Nope, she isn't now.

I'm not sure if Pang/Tong will come back, since I can't find any official news regarding this. In my opinion, though, I don't think they will. Even with the step sequence on their Weibo, it lasts over one minute, which means they would have to do all the other required technical elements in less than 1.5 minutes if that is really their competition routine:shocked: So I believe it's part of an exhibition program rather than competition program.
Hmm, I hadn't expected Zhang Kexin to continue. There were talks of her not enjoying skating/competing. But best of luck to her if she keeps going. :)

True, when I saw the step sequence did seem quite long for pairs. I said it was almost ice dance-esque. At the same time though, them posting any sort of step sequence at all makes me wonder.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Scores!

Ice Dance: I scored 45 points and Caro_Liza Fan also scored 45 points.

Ladies: I scored 35 points and Caro_Liza Fan scored 30 point

Pairs: I scored 60 points and Caro_Liza Fan scored 65 points

Men: I scored 45 points and Caro_Liza Fan scored 35 points.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Scores!

Ice Dance: I scored 45 points and Caro_Liza Fan also scored 45 points.

Ladies: I scored 35 points and Caro_Liza Fan scored 30 point

Pairs: I scored 60 points and Caro_Liza Fan scored 65 points

Men: I scored 45 points and Caro_Liza Fan scored 35 points.

Congratulations invisiblespiral on winning the gold medal!!!

After scoring the entire Chinese Championships, I think you deserve it! ;) :biggrin:

Even though it was just for fun, I am so glad that I managed to win a medal as well! :laugh:

But, since we have a proverbial medal going spare, I think that may deserves to be given it. Let's face it, if it were not for may, we would not have been able to do any of this.

Seriously, though, I was a bit disappointed that we were the only 2 that bothered to take part in this "just for fun" exercise. But, with all the drama that was going on in Russia and Japan, I am not surprised that people were concentrating on them.

Hopefully, the scheduling of all three championships will be more favourable for us next season.

Thank you both so much.

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I considered joining in, but I only recognized one of the ladies' names and 3 of the men, 0 of the ice dancers. Pairs I could have probably managed. But while I have done my share of random guesses in the other competitions, there were just too many unfamiliar names here to know where to begin. But congratulations to the winners. ;)