Chubu Regionals (中部選手権大会) Block #4 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Chubu Regionals (中部選手権大会) Block #4

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Senior Women Final Results (Mana Kawabe aside, Top 13 advances to West Sectional)
SPFSTotal
1松 生 理 乃Rino Matsuike64.70127.93192.63
2河 辺 愛 菜Mana Kawabe58.59118.03176.62
3横 井 ゆは菜Yuhana Yokoi64.26109.19173.36
4大 庭 雅Miyabi Oba62.05104.32166.37
5山 下 真 瑚Mako Yamashita57.24105.65162.89
6紀 平 梨 花Rika Kihira56.6997.80154.49
7横 井 きな結Kinayu Yokoi47.77102.24150.01
8磯 村 彩 姫Saki Isomura47.1692.65139.81
9竹 内 す いSui Takeuchi47.4484.74132.18
10渡 邉 朱 音Akane Watanabe40.7484.84125.58
11田 村 珠里亜Juria Tamura41.0054.13125.13
12加 藤 利緒菜Riona Kato45.7677.81123.57
13浦 松 千 聖Chisato Uramatsu46.9272.89119.81
14渡 辺 真 央Mao Watanabe37.7071.33109.03
15笠 掛 梨 乃Rino Kasakake40.0964.28104.37
16松 岡 さら沙Sarasa Matsuoka38.6363.59102.22
17浦 冨 真 以Mai Uratomi38.5863.54102.12
18金 澤 茉 由Mayu Kanazawa33.7162.6296.33
19植 杉 梨 南Rina Uesugi32.6957.5390.22
Final Results
FS Results
FS Protocols

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Good job to Rino and Yuhana, too bad about the 1Lz, she might have been second, but a promising start even so. Go teams Howa and Tokai.
What happened to Chisato? I recall she used to be quite promising. Is she injured?
Rika can now regain her strength for a month. I hope she doesn't push the GP if her foot isn't ready.
Chisato has always been inconsistent, particularly with her FS
I was going to mention earlier that both Chisato and Nana Araki were showing improvement with consistency when they first switched to Team Yamada
However, since the end of last season both seem to be struggling again...Nana even more

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Chisato has always been inconsistent, particularly with her FS
I was going to mention earlier that both Chisato and Nana Araki were showing improvement with consistency when they first switched to Team Yamada
However, since the end of last season both seem to be struggling again...Nana even more

If they're both in Tokai, that place needs a mental coach if they don't have one, methinks. Rino is one of a kind, but if their other most consistent skater is Sota of all people, they're likely in need of someone to help them out in that respect. (not that I'm not glad he seems to have stabilized his mindset and doesn't implode after mistakes so far this season - I'm very glad about that indeed, but he's never been a consistent one so I'm still distrustful at this point)

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Competition Day 3 video
I'll continue to add links as video becomes available to view

Senior Women FS
Rino Matsuike FS 127.93 (Nella Fantasia; choreo Kenji Miyamoto)
Mana Kawabe FS 118.03 (Drowning; choreo Mihoko Higuchi)
Yuhana Yokoi FS 109.19 (Hungarian Rhapsodies; choreo Akiko Suzuki
Mako Yamashita FS 105.65 (As If We Never Said Goodbye; choreo Akiko Suzuki)
Miyabi Oba FS 104.32 (Aesthetic; choreo Miyabi Oba, Miki Ando)
Kinayu Yokoi FS 102.24 (The Phantom of the Opera; Kohei Yoshino)
Rika Kihira FS 97.80 (Titanic; choreo David Wilson)
FS 102.24)

Junior Women FS
Kaoruko Wada FS 105.49 (Khachaturian: Masquerade~Waltz; Mihoko Higuchi, Yuko Hongo, Machiko Yamada)
Mao Yaguchi FS 96.16 (Born This Way; choreo Akiko Suzuki)

Need to leave for work soon
Going to try to link Kaoruko Wada's FS before I leave
Video was processing quickly today but most are only available to view in 360p for now

Last edited:

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia

:love2::love2::love2:

I think the Nella Fantasia program is still very new and still needs a bit more choreo (and new dress), but it's looking promising already.
Rino's smile during the program is just so pure and beautiful. It's different to the 'playful' smile she had in her SP last year, in here she looks more... serene and sincere? Like she truly smiles from the heart 🥹

Also the happy tears she shed right after the program and after seeing that she has won. I wonder if the program is really special for her, or whether she had been through some tough times and really happy she skated well, or both? Either way, I'm so happy for my baby 🥹

Thank you so so much for your videos and coverage @tsuyoboogie :thank:

On observation note, I wonder who she & her coaches were waving to right after she finished her program? I wonder if it was Mihoko Higuchi 😊

yesterday

Record Breaker
Senior Women FS
Mana Kawabe FS 118.03 (Drowning; choreo Mihoko Higuchi)
Yuhana Yokoi FS 109.19 (Hungarian Rhapsodies; choreo Akiko Suzuki
Mako Yamashita FS 105.65 (As If We Never Said Goodbye; choreo Akiko Suzuki)
Miyabi Oba FS 104.32 (Aesthetic; choreo Miyabi Oba, Miki Ando)
Kinayu Yokoi FS 102.24 (The Phantom of the Opera; Kohei Yoshino)
Rika Kihira FS 97.80 (Titanic; choreo David Wilson)
FS 102.24)

Wow, I think due to injury Rika never perfomred Titanic in competiton so far, right?
I knew about the music and have seen snippets and pictures from shows but I've never seen it complete.
Even with these jumps (or maybe perhaps, beacuse she had to shift ther focus more) I feel it really suits her and is very appealing altogether.
Just sweet how she tried to calculate when the points came up and then she was honestly happy and maybe a bit surprised that it was enough for being first.

Kinayu: A different style which I appreciate but POTO.. and too much singing in there for my liking :scratch2:

Miyabi: Oh, why the distracting skirt? The skating does not need to be covered up!
Nice backwards spirals. I did not know the music, but somehow there were glimpses of Titanic in it :LOL:

Mako: poor girl, she looked exhausted! I like the dress, but would have expected a classical/opera type of progam with it.

Yuhana: her gloves (there's a lot on them) reminded me of Rika's in her short. Forgot to add that yesterday, but the lenght of her black gloves did not look great imho. Shorter or longer (elbow) would be better.
I like Yuhana's music choice but in general the program seems a bit "dark", maybe also because of the music, but she can not shine the way she did last season. But perhaps that's just because it's still early.

Mana and Rino: watching them back to back I think Rino's costume would also suit "Drowning"
so why not get a new one and donate this one towards Mana @lileychristie :biggrin:
They both own their programs the most so far I think.

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Can I still ask for Hanai's and Yaguchi's performances?
I'm so sorry for the delay :pray:
Didn't realize I never linked Sara Hanai and Mao Yaguchi's FS :palmf:

Just to keep all the video together I added a link for Sara's performance to post #26 on page 2 of this thread

And I added a link to Mao's FS to post #146 above

Unfortunately, all the Chubu Block episodes have already been removed from the FOD site so I'm unable to get Mao's SP 😞

I'll try my best to get both of her programs at Sectional

yesterday

Record Breaker
Found some videos of Chubu competitions from last weekend (interview included). I'm surprised they're not gel-blocked:
Rika Kihira-SP
Rika Kihira- FS
Rino Matsuike -SP
Rino Matsuike -FS

I think this is the whole playlist?
They have those from 2021 etc there as well