Clockwise Jumpers | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Clockwise Jumpers

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bumping this thread up to post the IG close-up of Sonja Hilmer's "opposite" jump combo, just a part of what makes her programs so unique. Also an interesting description of how the jump is scored:

Loving also the exchange between Christopher Caluza and Rohene Ward on bi-directionality in the comments:

Rohene: ❤️❤️❤️🔥🔥amazing kiddo!!!! Sooo excited you are continuing the legacy of jumping and spinning the other way!!!!

Christopher: <rohene>, you still blow my mind on how you even do these elements both directions. My coaches thought you weren’t real until I showed a video and they are now obsessed lol

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Bumping this thread up to post the IG close-up of Sonja Hilmer's "opposite" jump combo, just a part of what makes her programs so unique. Also an interesting description of how the jump is scored:

Loving also the exchange between Christopher Caluza and Rohene Ward on bi-directionality in the comments:

Rohene: ❤️❤️❤️🔥🔥amazing kiddo!!!! Sooo excited you are continuing the legacy of jumping and spinning the other way!!!!

Christopher: <rohene>, you still blow my mind on how you even do these elements both directions. My coaches thought you weren’t real until I showed a video and they are now obsessed lol

It's interesting when it comes to definitions. I was always taught that the definition of a combination jump was that the second jump takes off on the same edge that the first jump was landed on, rather than the same foot definition that is used here.

Of course this is incredible difficult, much more difficult than a combo, but from the definitions I was taught this wouldn't be a combination jump.

If she continues jumping both ways, it would be interesting to see 2Lz+2Lz or something in the future if she trys it.

Edit:
Just checked ISU definition and it says this is a combo jump, as doesn't mention edge, just same foot.

Last edited: