Coaching in Egna | Golden Skate

Coaching in Egna

icewhite

Record Breaker
Sorry, if this is the wrong corner of the forum, please move if so.

I am really wondering about the training environment in Egna. What is happening there?
Kvitelashvili didn't like it there, okay, I thought that was probably due to being homesick, moving to a more provincial area from a metropole, being used to an entirely different training regime, such things. Then Grassl says the atmosphere in Moscow is nice, which, well,... but it makes me wonder how the atmosphere at the places that he has seen before is. And then I read the Rizzo interview in which it is said something "happened" there, so he moved back to Bergamo?

I don't know anything about the details of the training at Egna. Can somebody who knows more talk about it a bit here? Is there something going on, or are these just cases of skaters which all have their individual problems?

icewhite

Record Breaker

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Maybe the coaches there are splitting and some are establishing a new center in a different location? Perhaps Egna's Young Goose Academy is going to be more focused on ice dance? Because I have recently heard an interview with the Mrazek siblings, who sound quite happy there.
But I know next to nothing about that center, and if Magri originally collaborated with Zanni.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Intersting.
Zanni seems to really do only ID, posts a lot about it.
plus "own" tag #ygadance

(this post also told me that Ted was there haha)

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Maybe the coaches there are splitting and some are establishing a new center in a different location? Perhaps Egna's Young Goose Academy is going to be more focused on ice dance? Because I have recently heard an interview with the Mrazek siblings, who sound quite happy there.
But I know next to nothing about that center, and if Magri originally collaborated with Zanni.
Zanni only ever did ice dance. It's quite normal for different coaching groups/disciplines to share the same rink (e.g. Jenni Meno and Todd Sand, Rafael Arutunian) without necessarily having anything to do with each other organisationally.