Comparing Scores Pre-Worlds | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Comparing Scores Pre-Worlds

debdelilah

On the Ice
Wow, it looks like I underestimated Lysacek's chances.

Evan wins the jump contest (hey, if the judges don't notice anything funny about his Axel entry, who am I to bring it up?), add in those 8's he's going to get in PCSs... I think he should be able to get about 5 points higher than his undermarked score at U.S. Nationals.

Evan's GOEs at Nationals were +2s from most judges for the quad combo, +1s for the axel and +2s for the axel in combination, 4 +3s for the straight line step sequence, 4 +2s for the sit spin, and many +2s for other elements.
I'm not sure where you see a five point deficit... His base value for all elements was quite high...79.71...but his score with GOEs factored in was 91.93.

At 4CCs, Evan's base value was 79.51, and his total TES with GOE factored in was 84.43. He recieved 8s from some judges in PCS, but the averages were 7s.

Last edited:

enlight78

Medalist
Takahashi is almost garunteed to get higher PCs than Evan.
Than again; I thought the same thing about Buttle.

The interesting thing is that 5 of Joubert's 8 jumping passes are after the halfway mark, in order to collect that bonus. The CoP encourages "back loading" like that if the skater has the stamina to pull it off.

Debdelilah, yes, you are certainly right in your analysis of Evan's scores at U.S. Nationals. I was just kidding, trying to provoke my two favorite anti-Lysacek guys, Slutskayafan and Temperboy, with my earlier post. ;)

temperboy28

Match Penalty
Evan has never looked better. His quad is consistant, he has landed it twice in competioni back to back. 2 out of two attepmts is pretty. good. not oonly did he have the quad, but followed it up with a great triple toe, joubert often does a double after his quad. If joubert only does one quad, and evan does one, evan will come out on top. The key is doing a clean short. sure, we have seen him move up, but that relies on less than clean skates from the guys that are ahead. If he comes in to the freeskate in fifth, and the guys in first, secod and fourth, all skate clean, evan, no matter how good carmen is could lose a medal.

Even if Evan does a clean short he will be way behind after the short. A clean short from him was only a 78 at U.S Nationals, so at Worlds it would be more like a 75. Joubert, Buttle, Oda, and Takahashi will all score over 80 if they do a clean short.

As I said in another thread, there are SP skates and LP skaters. Oda has not been an LP skater in the past. He has fizzled out with the extra time. Let's see if he can break this habit.

Joe