Competition level questions | Golden Skate

Competition level questions

Jenice

Spectator
I have been looking at the level's on U.S figure skating, the 'testing' levels and I was wondering if they had a age, I know adult have to be over 21 but want about junior do they have age recommendations for their levels? Like novice have to be 11 or the 'normal' age of the skaters is 11... Just wondering.

gkelly

Record Breaker
I have been looking at the level's on U.S figure skating, the 'testing' levels and I was wondering if they had a age, I know adult have to be over 21 but want about junior do they have age recommendations for their levels? Like novice have to be 11 or the 'normal' age of the skaters is 11... Just wondering.

For singles skaters, on the standard competition track, juvenile competitors have to be under 14 as of Sept. 1, and intermediate competitors have to be under 18 as of Sept. 1.

For pairs and dance the juvenile limits are more forgiving.

There are no age limits for novice, junior, or senior within the US. Competition levels are determined by test level, not by age.

The ISU defines competition levels by age, so skaters may not be eligible to compete internationally at the same level that they compete domestically.