Consecutive World/Olympic Wins | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Consecutive World/Olympic Wins

lappo

Final Flight
İt's little bit early making any assumptions without new season programs. But even with them it seems hard to me predict something about Men's discipline particularly.

With Ladies I guess it looks clear beforehand. And battle for silver/bronze doesn't look interesting to me.

For Sui/Han it's all in their hands. They should go clear, don't think they can afford mistakes like here in Worlds.

But Hanyu has big disadvantage over rest of group - his Olympic gold! Just to be clear: they won't let him get the second gold. Dissatisfied with his PCS and GOEs here in Helsinki? well better used to get with it, because its gonna be even more rough at Olympics. There should be two absolutely remarkable, freaking difficult, out of this world (B.Esp guys style :laugh:) programs (if i remember correctly so far he has done it just once at GPF 2015). One wrong step - he's off, one shaky landing - he's off, if the rest will be nearly clear.

This reminds me of my only wish for the upcoming season: scandal-free Olympic games! I really hope that those who have the two best overall competitions get the medal, no matter what they did or did not achieve before. Otherwise I'm out.
In light of this, the competitions I'm most worried about are Ice Dance (as much as I enjoy it, the chance of "lost levels" here and there is quite high) and Men, where in the (unfortunately unlikely) event of a clean competition from all the top skaters, PCS will be the key for the gold (again, much space for politicking).
Pairs right now don't have a clear favourite, this is probably the only field where "adjustment" are right now very difficult and the quality of the performances will be judged fairly (I hope I don't change idea, as the season goes on, because right now pairs are really exciting to watch).

Nika09

On the Ice
This reminds me of my only wish for the upcoming season: scandal-free Olympic games! I really hope that those who have the two best overall competitions get the medal, no matter what they did or did not achieve before. Otherwise I'm out.
In light of this, the competitions I'm most worried about are Ice Dance (as much as I enjoy it, the chance of "lost levels" here and there is quite high) and Men, where in the (unfortunately unlikely) event of a clean competition from all the top skaters, PCS will be the key for the gold (again, much space for politicking).
Pairs right now don't have a clear favourite, this is probably the only field where "adjustment" are right now very difficult and the quality of the performances will be judged fairly (I hope I don't change idea, as the season goes on, because right now pairs are really exciting to watch).

Agree. For now it seems Pairs is potential "less arguable" discipline.

Men's event is looking more dramatic and dangerous. Will see...hoping for best conclusion as usual. And the fair one!