COR ladies free | Page 3 | Golden Skate

COR ladies free

BelleFilleYuna

On the Ice
I'm so happy for my girl, YUNA!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

She looked soooooo nervous, and I thought I was going to have a heart attack as I watched her on web TV.:laugh:
Great to see her nail all the jumps.

God, I'm just sooooooooooo happy,
maybe I'll go outside singing in the rain.:laugh::laugh:

bekalc

Record Breaker
I feel for Joannie... Her total combined score with Skate Canada and Cup of Russia, is the fouth highest on the GP series this year, and will probably remain so.. She belongs in the GP final, but had the bad luck of having to face Yukari in both competitions.

Her scores would have won her Skate America, and gotten her second at Cup of Russia, and Cup of China, but what can you do?

mizu_iro

Final Flight
I feel for Joannie... Her total combined score with Skate Canada and Cup of Russia, is the fouth highest on the GP series this year, and will probably remain so.. She belongs in the GP final, but had the bad luck of having to face Yukari in both competitions.

Her scores would have won her Skate America, and gotten her second at Cup of Russia, and Cup of China, but what can you do?

It's Shizuka in 2005-2006 all over again. I expect Joannie to skate well at Nationals and Worlds.

kandidy

Final Flight

That is life. Same fate as Kimmie last year.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
That is life. Same fate as Kimmie last year.

Joannie shows to the skating world, where she belongs. She is one of the top contenders. She will have confidence going into the Nationals, 4CC and Worlds. Her jumping techniques are second to none, when she is ON! Go Joannie Go!!!!

fsf9012

Rinkside
Joannie shows to the skating world, where she belongs. She is one of the top contenders. She will have confidence going into the Nationals, 4CC and Worlds. Her jumping techniques are second to none, when she is ON! Go Joannie Go!!!!

I was really impressed by Joannie today. What a gutsy performance putting 3-3 at the end of the program! I wish her the best luck at 4CC and Worlds!!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty

She had a good performance today but nobody will view her one of the top contenders at this point. She still lost to Nakano, the Japanese #3, twice in a row to miss out on the GP final altogether.

bekalc

Record Breaker
ITA. Her PCS is a little lower than Mao's at TEB when Mao fell on the 3axel, so she won today because of the TES.

Her PCS are .06 lower than Mao's.... That's almost a mathematical tie...And they are much higher than Mao's PCS at Cup of China...They are also something like 5 points higher than everyone else's at this competition...Yu-na's PCS are fine..

sindarin

Rinkside
I got a link to Yu-Na's performance on YouTube from another thread. Please offend me, if I'm not allowed to post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEA7SdcfT0I

After watching the video several times, I personally think some parts of her scores were somewhat inflated. Comparing to what we saw at CoC, I think there she did a better job in terms of music interpretation and transition. I also perceived some of movements especially spins were a little slow today. Don't get me wrong. I'm a big of Yu-Na and seeing her score will leave a wide grin on my face for all day.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I got a link to Yu-Na's performance on YouTube from another thread. Please offend me, if I'm not allowed to post it.

After watching the video several times, I personally think some parts of her scores were somewhat inflated. Comparing to what we saw at CoC, I think there she did a better job in terms of music interpretation and transition. I also perceived some of movements especially spins were a little slow today. Don't get me wrong. I'm a big of Yu-Na and seeing her score will leave a wide grin on my face for all day.

I don't know how her scores could be inflated??? I mean Mao got 60 for PCS at Trophy Bombard and she was slower than she was at Canada... So, I don't know why Yu-na shouldn't get those kind of scores.

Yu-na got the scores she got because her jumps were basically text book, and she landed 7 of them. And she got high levels on her spins, footwork, and everything else.. It's quite a deserved score...

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I don't know how her scores could be inflated??? I mean Mao got 60 for PCS at Trophy Bombard and she was slower than she was at Canada... So, I don't know why Yu-na shouldn't get those kind of scores.

Yu-na got the scores she got because her jumps were basically text book, and she landed 7 of them. And she got high levels on her spins, footwork, and everything else.. It's quite a deserved score...

Her score was not inflated. She deserved the TES and the PCS was a ripoff. Imagine what her score would have been if her PCS was marked properly.

There is only one skater that can keep the gold medal from YuNa this season.

They will meet face to face in Torino.

Joe

fourclover

On the Ice

I thought so too at first. But as someone said Mao still got 60 on PCS with the big fall on her triple axle at TEB. I think sometimes we feel as though the scores are too high or too low because we EXPECT Mao and Yu-na to be super-human, without any flaws or mistakes. So if we see a small part of the whole program that is imperfect, we see the imperfection through magnifiers. Now that I think about it, I think Yu-na's CoC scores - her step sequence scores - were a bit low than she deserved.