Cute Article! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Cute Article!

Tyr "Melba Marcos" in quotation marks to refine your search, LOL. (Did a closet in Butts County Georgia, come up?

BTW, Imelda Marcos' son is dating Sarah Meier (not the skater, LOL. This is true.)

Anyway, about Johnny, he's a national treasure. If USFS were smart they'd ride him hard and put him away wet.

MM :)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
Doesn't count? How does one have that authority?:laugh: A shoe fetish is a shoe fetish anyway you look at it. Everyone has a vice. I also heard that Mariah has over a 1000 pairs on a special with Babs W.

Imelda, thanks for getting the right name, I wondered, but acutely got hits on Melba Marcos.:laugh: :unsure: Got to love the net sometimes.:cool: I thought "it can't be "toast" but alas It came up and I knew some would know who I was referring to. I am surprised Jemma didn't correct me?

Well, Imelda's toast anyway, so you got it right!!! Everyone does have vices... but while I do love the Emancipation of Mimi... I have a hard time coming to terms with MC and I having ANYTHING in common... therefore, I make up my rules of who's a shoe diva & who isn't as I go... its a very scientific method!!:laugh:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Tyr "Melba Marcos" in quotation marks to refine your search, LOL. (Did a closet in Butts County Georgia, come up?

BTW, Imelda Marcos' son is dating Sarah Meier (not the skater, LOL. This is true.)

Anyway, about Johnny, he's a national treasure. If USFS were smart they'd ride him hard and put him away wet.

MM :)

Absolutely... but the USFS is NOT a smart group... so unfortunate... too bad we fans cannot vote for those heading up NASCAR to take over skating... and don't laugh, those folks are absolute marketing geniuses... I took a training seminar with their staff... and talk about an absolute disgustingly brillant group... such a shame... I can only blame it on the oxygen levels in Colorado...

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman said:

I didn't even look, I am a hurry to post most of the time because by the time I get it up - fore seeing any other interruptions here - 4 others get in there and my point is "MOO" - quoting Joey from Friends "It like a cows opinion, it doesn't matter." Maybe that is how some of you feel about me.?:boohoo:
Mathman said:
Does anyone think they look a little alike, or was it just that picture / me?

BOT, I was surprised to see Johnny featured in a TX newspaper in a light of "fashion." Glad to see that! Go Texas!:rock:

Kwanford Wife said:
I took a training seminar with (the NASCAR marketing) staff... and talk about an absolute disgustingly brillant group...
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Take the strategy of having all the good old boys like Richard Petty start popping off with lewd, crude put-downs of Danica Patrick -- genius! (In real life they love the girl to pieces, right?) :)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Take the strategy of having all the good old boys like Richard Petty start popping off with lewd, crude put-downs of Danica Patrick -- genius! (In real life they love the girl to pieces, right?) :)

Actually, yes they do... they are really pushing for women and "people of color" to become nascar fans, crew folks and drivers... pushing the sport of the south into the modern US demographics... these people are genius... they took a niche sport with a crazy fan base of specific types and turned it into a phenom... with strategic alliances, corporate sponsorships and catered to the casual fans more so than the sport's puriest... what a concept... as for richard petty ~ hey, everybody's gotta retire or die at some point...

There are a lot of parelles between nascar & skating ~ the only difference is that nascar was the jerry springer of sporting events & had no where to go but up whereas skating more like pbs... so lofty & "special" that it misses key opportunities to crank it up... hopefully, one day the USFSA will learn... hey, we've finally gotten on the soccer wagon so maybe hope is still alive...

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
What has NASCAR have to do with Danica anyway??

It is a good sport circuit to note as making some changes to entice. And IMO it is more existing to watch now that there are "2 types" of courses." I often wondered when they would show both sides of driving.

Of course I am probably warped on this too, ya know the air is just so thin up here.:laugh:

SeaniBu said:
What has NASCAR have to do with Danica anyway??
Hey, that's right! I forgot about that!

So what is Richard Petty hollering about, anyway? He could leave Patrick to sink or swim in that sissy open wheel thing, and still reserve stock cars as the all male preserve that God intended it to be.

Kwanford Wife said:
... hey, we've finally gotten on the soccer wagon so maybe hope is still alive...
Soccer? Is that the game where they run back and forth for ninety minutes and then they try to break the 0-0 tie by forming two lines, with one line holding their crotches while the other kicks the ball at them?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
There have been a number of ladies in the past and I haven't heard her name this year but last season I did - Shauna I believe. She didn't fair to well. I HIGHLY believe there was some "acts of malicious intent" in a couple of the races I tried paying attention to her (I'm a Dale Jr. Fan #8). But they are so good at that Oval (don't no body think that there stuff is easy!) just keeping her back legally and pulling away the "higher quality" team with incentives, ..... she could just be out due to money for the first part. I am thinking there was a lady back in the 70s that did pretty well too. I think the thing with Danica is on top of Indy being verry unique in automotive structure, handling and rigorous schedule - she is really hot looking!!! I think she even has the right look for FS myself!

The lady from the seventies was Janet Guthrie. She drove in both the Indianapolis 500 and the NASCAR Daytona 500. (In real life she was an aerospace engineer, with a degree from the University of Michigan.)

In the 1977 Indy 500, there was a big whoop-de-do about whether the track announcer would speak the traditional words, "Gentlemen, start your engines." The purists were outraged over the possibility that he would vary the time-hallowed wording ("Lady and gentlemen,...")

So when the time came, he said, "In company with the first woman ever to drive in the Indianapolis 500, gentlemen, start your engines." :laugh:

Eeyora

Final Flight
Getting Back to Topic- Michelle really seems to know her own style She speaks so eloquently. ITA agree that Jessica Alba's style is amazing. I am also a Dolce & Gabbana girl (well if I could afford it I would be) Good to see that Sasha and Michelle are bargain shoppers. I wish I could raid their wardrobe and Johnny's as well.

antmanb

Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
I wonder what the heart attack total was in the USFSA front offices after THAT little blurb was read? :laugh: :laugh: Chanel, eh? Seems rather understated for our Johnny boy; I'd think he'd be more Versace or, in a REALLY wild mood, Vivienne Westwood......

Or maybe Gaultier?!

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Soccer? Is that the game where they run back and forth for ninety minutes and then they try to break the 0-0 tie by forming two lines, with one line holding their crotches while the other kicks the ball at them?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm just thankful its all over and the UK and my work colleagues return to normal!!

Ant

Alsace

On the Ice
I have to add that I do like MK's reading choice. I keep looking for _1776_ in used bookstores, but no one seems to be parting with their copy.

XPEG

Spectator
A NASCAR update: article in the newspaper this morning says there's a rumor Danika Patrick may sign to drive in NASCAR next season. King Richard was quoted as saying it's fine with him. The NASCAR publicity machine cranks on.

And I was wonder about Michelle's 3 phones too. Do they each have a separate number and she gives different numbers to different people?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
XPEG said:
A NASCAR update: article in the newspaper this morning says there's a rumor Danika Patrick may sign to drive in NASCAR next season. King Richard was quoted as saying it's fine with him. The NASCAR publicity machine cranks on.
Awesome! She can make more money and stay closer to home...er is she doing both? I don't see that being logistically possible, never mind.

ESPN just confirmed that it will happen. Also stating that NASCAR is the biggest thing in the world right now - well until 30 minutes from now when the real show starts for me.
XPEG said:
And I was wonder about Michelle's 3 phones too. Do they each have a separate number and she gives different numbers to different people?
Got to love a Nerd:laugh: (no kidding though, girl nerds are attractive). Really it is most likely a 1.Agent, 2.Family and 3.Boyfriend/friend. JAG

Last edited:

MKFSfan

Medalist
I wonder if one of the phones is a blackberry or something. My dad is always like,"I need both of my phones!" when he goes anywhere and considers his blackberry only an "office phone." Maybe Michelle is the same way-one for emails, one for family/friends and one for her agent, etc. Regardless, the girl stays connected!