Dance - Original Dance - Notes from Rosaleen | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dance - Original Dance - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
AZE Fraser / Lukanin Start 20
Notes Music: quick / fox / quick Costumes: her in bright light orange / they're moving very fast and pretty good dancing, but it doesn't say quickstep to me / fox trot now for midline good unison except I think she ended the 1st twizzles a little early / into diag where steps seem fairly complex but the music is feeling like background / quickstep again - keep on swinging / rot lift with him swinging her on one arm / That dance didn't do a lot for me - it may have the difficulty it needs, but lacked something in my eyes. / pb 50.02 / 31.16 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Wing / Lowe Start 21
Notes music: Fox / Charl Costumes: her in red & black with gold diamond effective him in red vest white shirt / curve lift with him in bent leg spread eagle into rot lift with her circling his body / into diag steps that flow well and both are doing the work - steps were part of dance - not a separate element / as is the spin / pause and now into chaleston and the few canadians to my elft have started the clapping and few are joining in / midline steps lots of continuous one foot work in very good unison / rot lift with her around his body waist height with change / pb 51.66 / 35.11 from CD / that was well done I think but somehow I didn't really get into it and believe me I wanted to - maybe a bit too subdued a performance?? /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FRA Delobel / Schoenfelder Start 22
Notes Music: Chal / fox / charl Costumes: her in glittery gold short dress with elbow gloves and headband him in white shirt black vest & pants / some dancing and clowing at centre ice completely in char with music and they're moving around the ice very well / yes sir that's my baby / diag steps are well done and seem complex to me / rot lift with her in splits facing him is fast into curve lift with her upside down somehow / ce si bonne for foxtrot - and around the rink and into spin that is centered and very nice / back to the charleston and their mood and character changes for it / midline to drum beat - great until last twizzle and she fell off of it a bit / right into closing pose / I enjoyed that dance a lot / pb 61.67 / 40.51 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Belbin / Agosto Start 23
Notes Music: charl / fox / quick Costumes: him in tails her in bright hot pink with string skirt that's long in back short in front / some great dancing & chor to get started and ringht into midline - fast & comples and unison looked pretty perfect to me / into fox new york new york / their right with the music / lift with her vertical in spits and him in spread eagle / just missed a little bit - they're now in diag steps that look very complex but don't flow as well as the midline didi / into quickstep come to the cabaret / rot lift her in splits with one leg on his shoulder / spin has her in Y for one pos / that was excellent - I thoroughly enjoyed it and IMO they are one of the first ones that I would say really caught the spirit of the quickstep / pb 65.2 / 432.18 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
ISR Chait / Sakhnovski Start 24
Notes Music: quick /fox/quick Costumes: her in fluorescent green him in black / right into midline which is very well done with good unison / foxtrot now - smile - some nice dancing but her lack of extension shows / spin is centered and nice but I wish she'd straighten her leg / rot lift at far end of rink and he's in low pos she's in splits / back to quick for diag steps that I really only saw the last part of - but my overall impression is that they were well done / into rot lift to end the program / pb 63.07 / 39.13 from CD / Not really sure about difficulty level, but I thought Del/Sch were much better /

Rosaleen

Medalist
BUL Denkova / Staviyski Start 25
Notes Music: Charl / fox / char Costumes: both in black with silver trim he has shiny red suspenders / some great movement to charleston and right into midline - great unison & difficulty / into foxtrot now and their movment has changed to match / curve lift into lift with her circling his body at neck / spin with her in catch foot him in sit with change to back / back to charleston for diag steps that move well and seemed difficult to me, but maybe not quite as difficult as a couple of others - not sure / into rot lift to end the program / great reception from the crowd / did replay just show them a tiny bit out of sync in midline or is it just the camera angle - not sure == I was watching from one end of rink right at centre ice - so I saw them straight on and thought they were in sync / pb 62.58 / 40.81 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Dubreuil / Lauzon Start 26
Notes music: fox / charl / quick Costumes her in pink strapless with long wide skirt him in dark vest & pants white shirt / music is singing in the rain / starts with rain sounds / now into volcals and there's a few people clapping / rot lift with him using one arm and her in splits (I don't like the look of this one) / she had a slip 1/3 of way through midline steps / curve lift into rot lift again with him using just one arm / charleston / and then quick step for diag steps are well done / spin to end the program / that wasn't the inspired skate that they had at Canadians / pb 60.99 / 40.51 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
ITA Faiella / Scali Start 27
Notes Music: fox / quick Costumes: her in mint green satin with semi sheer - somehow the satin looks too heavy / midline steps are well done in nice unison / rot lift with her arm around his neck and him holding her with just one arm / spin with her in Y at the end / now the quickstep - some nice dancing into diag steps that are nicely done / some dancing pretty much in one spot and then around for curve+ rot lift into final pose / pb 56.94 / 36.19 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
UKR Grushina / Goncharov Start 28
Notes Music Charl / Fox / Quick Costumes: her in bright fushia with lots of fringe him in black with white stripes / midline steps - 1/2 half done on one foot - nice unison and difficult / foxtrot now and some nice dancing / rot lift with her draped overhis arm / spin at far end of rink is well done and with music too / quickstep now - diag steps to come to the cabaret - seemed to be missing a bit of difficulty to me / rot lift to end and she ends the program on the ice in the splits / it was a fun program / pb 63.23 / 41.3 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Domnina / Shabalin Start 29
Notes Music: fox / quick Costumes: her in red him in black / crowd is clapping a bit / right into spin / dancing around they have the mood of a foxtrot I think / midline is well done but aside from the twizzles at the end, seems very simple to me / rot lift with one of her legs around his neck / quick step now and lots of hopping in place to get us started / diag step seem failry dificult but I don't really think they were quite with the music / an other rot lift with one of her legs around his neck / aside from the 1st bit, this dance didn't do a lot for me - the foxtrot worked but the quickstep didn't. / pb 54.38 / 36.26 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Navka / Kostomarov Start 30
Notes Music: quick / fox / quick Costumes; hers must be glued on 'cause I can't see any illusion backless with black skirt with bit of feather? Black & silver on top / diag steps moved fast - wasn't able to watch close enough to judge difficulty / music is now fever and lift with her partially circling his body / spin at the end of rink at boards is only good, not great - speed could have been beter / midline steps seemed to be difficult and unison seemed quite on / back to the quickstep and they were into the rot lift before I really saw any dancing - I was typing though and might have missed something / after the rot lift there was a fair bit of fun dacning in place before the hit their closing pose / pb 66.77 / 45.97 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
That's it for the OD's, I'll be back for the men in a little less than 2 hours -- gotta go find a comfortable chair to sit in while I work :)