Daniel Weiss' Daughter Competing On "The Voice Kids" (DEU) | Golden Skate

Daniel Weiss' Daughter Competing On "The Voice Kids" (DEU)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just thought you might be interested to know that Daniel Weiss' 8-year old daughter, Linnea, is currently appearing on the children's version of "The Voice Of Germany".

Here is Linnea's audition, which was broadcast on 27th February:

Linnea - Part of your World

And here is her Battle round, which was broadcast on Friday:

Eleni, Dave & Linnea - Fireflies

The judges are 2010 Eurovision champion Lena Meyer-Landrut, singer/songwriter Mark Forster, and Johannes Strate (singer with Revolverheld).

For more information on the series, see the Sat.1 website:

http://www.sat1.de/tv/the-voice-kids

I have to be honest, I am not a fan of "The Voice". I watched a bit of the first UK series, and didn't like the format. I thought the Battle rounds in particular were a very unfair way of whittling down the contestants.

But, it is good to see somebody connected to our sport doing well in it!

Daniel Weiss was the 1989 and 1990 German Men's Champion, as well as being on the podium every year from 1988 to 1992. He also won the bronze medal at Skate Canada in 1989 and at the Nations Cup in 1992. His best finish at Europeans was 5th, and at Worlds was 12th, both achieved in 1989.

His wife Jennifer is a choreographer and former skater. Ice Network did a feature on her in 2012. Unfortunately, they didn't tell us her maiden name, so I can't find out any more about her.

Together, Daniel and Jennifer run Spotlight Productions, the promoter of the end of year Eisgala at Oberstdorf.

All the best to their daughter for the rest of her time on "The Voice Kids"

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: