Denis Ten | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Denis Ten

livetoskate

On the Ice
Shoma Uno was invited to perform at Disney on Ice in Nagoya yesterday. He performed his last season's EX See You Again in all black costume. It was a tribute to Denis.

How thoughtful. I thought Shoma's program to that song would be so fitting as a goodbye to Denis. The entire audience must have been moved.

I hope some figure skaters were able to attend Denis' funeral. I tried to watch the civil one (replay of the stream) but it was too much for me, and I had no clue what people were saying, as I don't understand neither Russian nor Kazakh. I don't know, but I guess this should have been followed by a religious service, though I don't know if Denis and his family are Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or neither of them.
Anyway this a sad day for everybody who knew Denis. Now we should try to keep him alive in our thoughts.

I posted on this thread that Michael Christian Martinez from the Philippines might have been there. He wore the bright blue national jacket. Happened to see him when I loaded the stream.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
I just found out the news and am just devastated and feel a little sick inside. I haven't followed the sport too closely lately but Ten is one that always stood out even if he wasn't always "on". I loved watching him perform. I don't know anyone in the sport personally. Am just a fan but his death still is really hitting me. It's just such a brutal, senseless death. I wish it wasn't true. :(

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just made is through all 42 pages of this thread, and I am still finding myself tearing up with extreme sadness, simply from knowing that our sweet Denis had his life taken from him in such a gruesome manner by these horrible people. However, at the same time, I’m also shedding tears of joy, just from reading how all of us in the GoldenSkate community have come together to grieve this horrible loss, reminisce about Denis’s beautiful skating, and acknowledge just how incredibly special of a man he was. Yes, some of us loved him; some of us disliked him; some of us were frustrated over his struggles with inconsistency, and some of us were neutral and didn’t have any particular opinion of him whatsoever. However, not a single person here has denied what a genuine, selfless, passionate individual that Denis was. He gave so much to both this sport, AND to his country, with all his heart and soul. Let us never forget his wonderful accomplishments in figure skating during his short time on this earth with us, and do all we can to allow his legacy to live on for many years to come.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
In order to remember him, I wanted to rewatch a video of his FS at the Olympics: does anyone know where I can find it?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
@SarahSynchro
I fully agree. A sad and beautiful thread. When he was at his best he was brillant.

I'm sad, shocked and hope that his family is able to cope with his death. I wish them all the strength they need.

russell30

Final Flight
@SarahSynchro
I fully agree. A sad and beautiful thread. When he was at his best he was brillant.

I'm sad, shocked and hope that his family is able to cope with his death. I wish them all the strength they need.

Time is a good healer....thank you to all golden skate community,,,,Denis touched us all.. I am hoping in the next few weeks i can watch some of his videos and comprise a playlist off his music...

Whats so good is that we can watch and relive Denis' skating and enjoy his programs, so always be in our hearts and memory....

Its tragic whats happened, very tragic but this sort of thing happens all over the world everyday...I wished Denis had not noticed them!!

Please can I say one thing to all of us...fans, judges, officials and even skaters if you are confronted by crime PLEASE do not retaliate we are in a violent world and most people carry knives and guns of all sorts, things are immaterial your life is precious....

All i can say now is that Denis would like us all to carry on and live life and enjoy the skating....with the upcoming 2018-2019 season lets all embrace and put on a good skating season which Denis would have loved..yes there will be tributes and special shows for him!! Forever in our hearts Denis, and with his vision and style of skating i think Figure skating looks bright.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Sorry, BillNeal, didn't mean to cross-post with you.

Shintora Sports has compiled a playlist of 94 D10 videos on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLScYiq8PLcLB_q3yjLMvjLjcIh_PzBjJm

And from writer Tatjana Flade:

https://twitter.com/tatjana21/status/1020773935418413056?s=21
@skating_mario and I have created an online condolence book for @tenis_den for all of his friends, fellow skaters and fans to share their grief and their cherished memories about him.…Instagram

Thank you, D10.
:pray:

pandatours

On the Ice
It was a very somber performance with an all-black costume but a beautiful tribute. The words are so appropriate.
https://twitter.com/wwxjk/status/1020621805021642753?s=19

People dislike the rap part of the song but I always found the lyrics so poignant. My favorite line is “How can we not talk about family when family’s all we got”. The Fast and Furious movies are about people from all different walks of life and the fierce bond they share that they become like family. It reminds me of the skating world and how the skating family has now lost a beloved member.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I was in a conference this week and was unable to post. Thanks to so many of you for sharing your feelings and saying what I was unable to. Such a senseless crime that took such a beautiful and beloved person far too soon.

pearly

Record Breaker
It took four and a half years, but I am finally glad that someone won that 2014 Olympic bronze over Javi.

chihiro1859

Rinkside
Dear Denis Fan

Tatsuki Machida and the staff of Prince Ice World uploaded Dennis' wonderful skating video to YouTube.
This ice show was not broadcast on Japanese TV.

"Prince Ice World 2017 in Nikko"
https://youtu.be/stxX2Z-5m3A

Commentary on this skate and a RIP message are posted on Tatsuki Machida official website.
http://tatsuki-machida.com/news/index.html#20180722_denisten

I still can not believe it.
I guessed that Denis is preparing a beautiful program this season.
I am very sad that I can not see them.

chihiro1859

Rinkside
The place where Prince Ice World 2017 was held "Nikko" has another meaning. In Japan it has the meaning of the sunlight.
The Sunlight is drawn on both the flag of Kazakhstan and the flag of Japan.
This may be a coincidence, but I cried with the friendship of Denis and Tatsuki.

emma

Record Breaker
My heart goes out to all of Denis's family, friends, and loved ones, coaches, choreographers, competitors, and fans. Thanks to all of you here for the memories, words of comfort, links and community.